Ristoteca Oniga, Venice

by markapollo
    The Restaurant from the outside
    by markapollo
  • Fabanna's Profile Photo

Osteria Enoteca Oniga: Peculiar choice!!

by Fabanna Written Mar 9, 2006

nice small restaurant in a quiet spot, they have few but very peculiar recipes

Favorite Dish: some of the recipes in the menus were ravioli with pears, or other strange combinations which are very delicious, the portions are also not small at all and the price is good.They also have very good wine.

• markapollo's Profile Photo

Osteria Enoteca Oniga: Roast Duck WoW!!!

by markapollo Written Nov 11, 2007

The Restaurant from the outside

This place was recomended by the local travel agent Ziggy. Thanks Ziggy!!! Wow I had the roast duck here and all I can say is it was great. If you are around Venice look for this place it wont let you down. It is a bit pricey I paid close to 45 Euros for 2 people. But it was worth it.

I placed about average. Remember Venice isnt that cheap and with the Euro Italy isnt really that cheap. But just be aware of the current euro exchange price.

Favorite Dish: Roast Duck and Chianti red wine....

• bpwarne's Profile Photo

Ristoteca Oniga: Great food, probably hard to beat in Venice

by bpwarne Updated Dec 12, 2012

Fried Sardines and vegetables

We dined at this restaurant one evening in Sept, 2012. We each had different set menu dinners that cost 20 and 25 euro/ea and consisted of 3 and 4 courses, respectively. Staff was friendly, spoke good English. Service was good to excellent. Food was very good to excellent. Only complaint perhaps was that the pasta was a bit oily, but I've found that to be rather common in Italy. Prices are not cheap but, hey, it is Italy. Pleasant atmosphere, both indoor and outdoor dining. Very busy, so you may wish to make reservations.

Favorite Dish: Everything was excellent. There were many dishes with Sardines and white Polenta when we were there and all were great..

• Museum Visits

• ristoteca oniga: Avoid

by tricky46 Written Apr 24, 2008

Always crowded and enjoyed our first meal but on returning having booked we were first to arrive. After thirty minutes our order arrived but both were cold. We told the waitresswho indicated that it was impossible. The manager came and said it just could not be the case. However after much discussion he removed the meals. Within five minutes the plates returned piping hot clearly having been microwaved.My sphaghetti was like rubber and was my wife's sea bass. Again we told the manager who claimed they were freshly cooked!! Eventually we left after they had demanded we pay the bill. I argued with them but as my wife was very upset we did so and left.DON'T GO THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Favorite Dish: None

Instant Answers: Venice

Comments

Hotels Near Ristoteca Oniga
5.0 out of 5 stars