Venice Transportation

Most Viewed Transportation in Venice

Instant Answers: Venice

• Apr 5, 2015 at 2:59 PM

Hi
    I live quite close to Venice and I can confirm that travelling in Venice is very expensive and time consuming, as I can see from many of these posts.

In the last year I discovered something that is very useful, and that I have been testing with my friends coming from different countries: it is a complete package with a lot of options covering transportation, museum entrance, parking, transfer to the airport... and the most important thing is that you have everything on your hands before arriving in Venice. So I saved a lot of time in collecting all the tickets for my friends, and my friends could save a lot of time skipping the queues (the Vaporetto queue and the queue for the museums is very long).

It is called VeniceBox (www.venicebox.it) and you can receive it at home, or collect it in Venice once you arrive. I am posting this because it solved a lot of problems to my friends and I am sure it may be helpful to anyone is going to visit Venice.

I love Venice and I'd like that everyone could enjoy it, instead of wasting time and money.

ciao
    Marco

• Apr 6, 2015 at 1:38 AM

ciao, i can only tell that my friends were happy with that. They didn't need to make the queue to buy the ticket, just jump in the Vaporetto, that is not making something wrong, just avoid making the queue (I live close to Venice, and I understand what you say, but I'd never suggest to do something uncorrect). I agree with you that Venice is worthwhile walking (if i well understand there is also a map inside, that may help). It probbaly depends on the approach you have to the visit: may be that if you don't have a lot of time, and have children (like my friends) it is very useful and you can be "relaxed" and just make your visits to museums, churches or whatever you want.

• leics's Profile Photo
      Apr 6, 2015 at 2:12 AM

I understand. But you can do all that without paying for a pass of any sort.

Venice Transportation

Reviews and photos of Venice transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Venice sightseeing.