Know about this?
Watch Your Purse and Your Camera
As any place where tourists congregate there will always be a "crook" in the midst. While on our trip, one lady had her wallet taken from her purse and another set her camera down and never saw it again. Both instances happened in St. Mark's Square in Venice. Those cute little "kiddies" that approach you and steel your attention are setting you up for another to steal what isn't hooked to your body!!!!
Italy is as safe as any other European country. Italy in notorious for its pick pockets and gypsy children. One should always be on alert for these petty thieves, but a good offence is the best defence. Do not present your wallet or money in open areas (particularly on the Rome metro). Keep your money hidden preferably in an inside pocket or money belt.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
Venice Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Manori Hotels
- Melbourne Hotels
- Orlando Hotels
- Malgrat de Mar
- Gulf Shores Hotels
- Cebu City
- Laoag City
- Pattaya Warnings and Dangers
- Cabo San Lucas Warnings and Dangers
- Istanbul Warnings and Dangers
- Bangkok Warnings and Dangers
- Chicago Warnings and Dangers
- Bora-Bora Warnings and Dangers
- Milan Warnings and Dangers
- Saint Louis Warnings and Dangers
- Puerto Rico Warnings and Dangers
- Boracay Island Warnings and Dangers
- Port Douglas Warnings and Dangers
- Kazakhstan Warnings and Dangers