Verona What to Pack

Most Recent What to Pack in Verona

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo

by Kuznetsov_Sergey Written Jun 9, 2012

My guide books in Verona

Miscellaneous: Here are my guide books that provided me details about a geographic location, tourist attractions, or most interesting itineraries inVerona and Italy.
    Casa Editrice Bonechi – Italy. “The Golden Book”. Verona. 1994, 112 pages.
    Around the World. Italy. Second edition. Publisher "Around the World", 2005, 520 pages, 150cities, 370 churches and cathedrals, 120 museums, 29maps, 200 illustrations.
    Italy. Le Petit Fute. Michel Strogoff & Ass., City-Guides, Country-Guides, Paris-Luxemburg-Moscow. 1999, 206 pages.

• catherineneill's Profile Photo

Summer things.....

by catherineneill Updated May 7, 2011

Luggage and bags: A bag you can carry comfortably if needed (Ie if your suitcase is on wheels make sure you can lift this easily as many of the streets are cobbles or old stone) Better still a backpack.

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Summer can be very very hot so bring a sun hat and glasses. Shoes need to be really comfortable and not brand new, because I hope you'll be doing a lot of walking!

Miscellaneous: A lot of the times I was in Verona it rained, sometimes even in early summer, so a light raincoat would be practical, but you can get stuff like umbrellas or cheap raincoats there

• croisbeauty's Profile Photo

by croisbeauty Updated Jun 9, 2007

Via Mazzini

Luggage and bags: Via Mazzini - the shoping centre of Verona

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Do not waist your time at home, shall I bring with this or that clothes or shoes, this is the place where you can buy all you need. Here you can find stores of: Gucci, Max Mara, L. Spagnoli, Valentino, Ralph Lauren, Versace, Armani, Pollini, Principe, Rossi, Rossini and many many more...

• maybe you should just waterproof your body

by arasnosliw Written Oct 29, 2005
    she stands solemnly in the downpour

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: I was ill-prepared to spend some months in Verona. I was never under the impression that it rained so much there, especially during the summer. Hence, I brought barely any warm clothes and only a small rainjacket. A big umbrella would have done me some good, as it poured continuously throughout the months of August and September. There were many occasions in which I was walking home and ended up getting drenched. It even hailed one night and the winds were so turbulent that it caused the ceiling in my building to collapse. Talk about a freak accident.

• mapakettle's Profile Photo

Back packs, and plastic...only way to travel

by mapakettle Written Apr 16, 2004

never been denied access to our cash...

Luggage and bags: Carry a back pack, regardless of your age. A year ago I wouldn't be caught dead with one, now, I feel naked without it. Cobblestones are hell on wheels, and trains stations have too many stairs for suitcases.

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Real comfy runners, broken in first, plus a hat, sunglasses, and a bottle of water.

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: If this is a first excursion in Europe, carry something to prevent blisters. You walk a lot, and blisters normally form the first day, making your vacation unpleasant.

Make sure your socks fit perfectly, and wick away perspiration. The moisture is what causes the blister.

Photo Equipment: Remember extra batteries. Mine died while climbing Monte Venda, so I missed out on some great memories.

Miscellaneous: We chose Cash Passport cards, also known as Visa TravelMoney cards, issued by our local CAA club, rather than carry cash. We didn't wish to use our credit cards (easier to negotiate prices with cash in Europe), and DEBIT cards were tied to our bank accounts, allowing us too easy access to funds we didn't wish to spend. Cash passport cards are prepaid, up to $15,000, and are accepted by all ATM machines. We felt that using a prepaid card would help to maintain our travel budget, plus we could access our balance online. We have used these cards exclusively for eight months, and have never been denied funds anywhere in Italy. Check them out.....$3 CDN per transaction.

Also great for younger family members to carry, safer (and not as scary) than providing a credit card for 'emergency' use.

• miedje's Profile Photo

Booktip for Verona

by miedje Written Jan 10, 2004

Miscellaneous: Ok, this booktip is very obvious, but still a good one to take with you: Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet. The city is full of it, so it would be a good oppurtunity to read of reread this wonderful play!

• Krystynn's Profile Photo

by Krystynn Written Sep 12, 2002

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: My rule of thumb is to take enough clothes for the length of that particular trip PLUS two days, whichever is shorter.

If you are traveling on business, you can probably pack along two suits and rotate between them. Try to take different colors of shirts/blouses; mixing and matching might fool people into thinking you brought more clothes than you did. That's the whole idea, isn't it? ;-D

If you are going on an extended trip, pick one color and stick with it... like say black. If you are part of the Generation X (ahem!).... REJOICE! Why? Because black travels very well. You can get ketchup stains all over your black jeans or coffee stained on your black t-shirt... and nobody will ever notice! Just make sure they don't stand too close to you to catch a whiff of the...er... Well, I'm sure you know what I mean! :-))

Photo Equipment: I ALWAYS, ALWAYS bring along at least 2 camaras with me... just in case one breaks down. My friends used to laugh at me.... until their one and only camera broke down. When when they have to RELY SOLELY on me and my amateurish photographic skills, they stopped laughing. Yes, immediately. Serve them right! :-))

Miscellaneous: If you are going to do lots of walking and sightseeing, do remember to put the following items into your tote bag or backpack: Maps and perhaps phrase books, Your all-important Guidebook, Water bottle, Sunglasses.... etc.

DON'T forget to bring along your much-treasured ATM card to withdraw cash. Yes, no need to rush to the money-changers to change all your money into the Belgium currency before your trip.

And DON'T use your Visa or Mastercard to withdraw cash. This is considered a CASH ADVANCE and you'd be slapped with a HEFTY fee whereas if you were to use YOUR own ATM card, you will NOT be charged for any fees.

In fact, you WILL benefit and enjoy from the low interbank exchange rates. Trust me (I used to work for an American bank).

Just ensure that you adhere to the following steps:

(1) Flip to the back of your local ATM card, do you see the logos 'Cirrus', 'Plus', 'The Exchange' etc. on it?

(2) If the answer is 'yes', then you have absolutely nothing to worry about!

(3) Why? Because you can withdraw cash from any ATM machines in Italy, no matter how obscure the town you're at is.

(4) If you use this method, you'd also save alot from the interbank exchange rates.

(5) Money changers will charge you much, much more compared to a bank.

I've been using this method countless of times before and so far, no ATM machines in this world have failed me.... yet. Yes, even in the remotest village of Africa!

Have a great trip!

Photo Below: The side alley leading all the way to Juliet's House.

'I was once asked if I'd like to meet the President of a certain country. I said, 'No. But I'd love to meet some shepherders.' The shepherders, farmers and taxi drivers are often the most fascinating people. - James Michener (American Author); b.1907

• steventilly's Profile Photo

by steventilly Written Aug 24, 2002

Luggage and bags: Travel light if you're just on a day trip. You don't want to be weighted down!

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: If you want to go into cathedrals & churches, don't wear shorts and sleeveless tops.

Photo Equipment: Just my Digital Camera. To be honest there are times when I needed a wider lense than my camera had, which made life a little awkward.

Miscellaneous: Take a picnic! The area by the river is so nice for sitting by in the sun.

• srchlc's Profile Photo

by srchlc Written Aug 26, 2002

Photo Equipment: Take lots and lots of pictures in the Arena. Some will be beautiful and some will get sunspots or end up in shadow. You will want to have several shots of one thing to pick the best one.

Instant Answers: Verona

Comments

Verona What to Pack

Reviews and photos of Verona what to pack posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Verona sightseeing.