Fast-food, Verona

by globetrott
    McDonalds
    by benazer
  • globetrott's Profile Photo

Selfservice BREK: in a perfect location

by globetrott Updated Dec 6, 2012

Brek - a great selfservice-restaurant

BREK is a chain of self-service restaurants that you will find all over Italy. They serve standard food in good quality for reasonable prices and somehow the very best about it is the fact that they are directely at the boulevard of Piazza Bra, where you would normally expect to be able to dine in very expensive places only.
    And when you enlarge my picture you will see it is even quite elegant for a selfservice !!

Favorite Dish: Depending on the season they serve great lasagne, a large choice of pasta, antipasti and salads. You may try some Italian wine or beer from the tap.

• alucas's Profile Photo

Brek: Perfect for a quick meal before the Opera

by alucas Written Feb 10, 2006

Brek restaurant - Piazza Bra

Brek is a self-service cafeteria situated right on Piazza Bra. There is a good selection of dishes, from hot dishes including pasta, to cold starters and salads, plus fruit and a selection of drinks. We had a salad, some prosciutto, two plates of pasta, plus drinks and some water, all for 18.50 euros. If you want a quick meal before going on somewhere else, or don't want to pay restaurant prices, it is worth checking out Brek.

• Sjalen's Profile Photo

Didn't seem to have a name...: Italian fast food

by Sjalen Written May 21, 2005

I loved the red colour of this house nearby

Between Piazza Bra and Castelvecchio is a little "junction" very popular with people walking to and from the castle. Here we found the most delicious Italian fast food in a "hole in the wall". It was open when we got to Verona at the weekend but we didn't see it open on the Monday-Tuesday so opening hours seem late in the week. We had pumpkin dough parcels with spinach and cheese and they were gorgeous. They also do pizza slizes, pasties, Sicilian "rice oranges" and other similar things which won't set you back as much as a restaurant meal but is definately filling.

Favorite Dish: The pumpkin dough thing...

• Jetgirly's Profile Photo

Brek: Self-Service Cafeteria

by Jetgirly Written Apr 9, 2005

Brek seems to be a staple in the small world of Italian fast food. With locations all over Italy, you can count on Brek when eating with people with different tastes. My father and brother love the meat and cheese, my mother and I prefer the soups, salads and pastas. Either way you meal will be cheap (€10 for salad, pasta and wine), fast and exactly what you expected because you served yourself! Eat outside and watch the people go by!

I recommend you check out the assortment of hot dishes before picking up a tray, just to make sure that there is something you like.

Favorite Dish: Vegetarian pastas.

• Krystynn's Profile Photo

A very reasonable joint to...

by Krystynn Written Sep 12, 2002

A very reasonable joint to patronise here must be the 'Ciao' food chain. All you need to do is go to the counter, choose the food you wish to buy... and pay for it! The food's pretty good and inexpensive too. I think I chose lasagne as my main dish and mineral water to drink; all in all, my meal amounted to approximately 8,000 liras. There are many other types of good food available too at 'Ciao'. And definitely a good alternative to eating hamburgers.

• Kindberg37's Profile Photo

I didn't have a favorite...

by Kindberg37 Written Aug 25, 2002

I didn't have a favorite restaurant here. But, if you walk around the city centre, there are restaurants and food shops everywhere.
    One of the restaurants was a cafeteria style place, where you got to choose pastas and sauces, salads, and anything else you might want. It was fairly cheap so we liked that, and the food was actually good!

• Goner's Profile Photo

McD's: No, I didn't Eat at McDonalds

by Goner Updated Apr 23, 2003

Good Coffee

We were looking for water and a cup of coffee and there was McDonalds. I have to admit, the coffee Americano was very good.

• Goner's Profile Photo

Stands at the Piazza Erb

by Goner Written Mar 30, 2003

The Stalls

Since our time was limited in Verona, we grabbed some fruit and cheese at a market stall in the Erbe market. It was delicious, and we ate it as we browsed the stalls.

• Twob's Profile Photo

Panini and a glass of wine or...

by Twob Updated Aug 24, 2002

Panini and a glass of wine or beer just about anywhere in Verona is a treat. Just kick back, eat delicious food, enjoy some great people watching, and the beautiful scenery of Verona.

Instant Answers: Verona