Gelateria, Verona

by sandysmith
  • Claudilla's Profile Photo

Zeno: Gelato Km zero

by Claudilla Written May 20, 2012

After moving to the UK I have understood that there are so many different opinions about ice- cream.. well and about food in general. Ice- cream is often considered unhealthy because of the high content in fat and sugar, but there is nothing to fear even in the worse made ice cream if compared to all the snacks on the markets, as often happens ingredients make a difference !!
    And by the way there are also new ice cream versions who could actually fit in a slimming diet, if eaten occasionally.
    Well, this gelateria has been opened for some time now, but I only came across it a couple of years ago, it does present a new concept which is so important to me.. about using locally produced products, and high quality products.. so forget about those "fake tanned" ice creams.. :) the numbers of flavour varies according to the seasonal period, but the taste is unbelievable ! It is so much different from those ice creams that taste most of sugar, they actually taste of the fruit/nuts etc that have been used. Sooooo nice !

Favorite Dish: My favourite flavour was figs. I know a bit unusual.. but so delicious.
    Mind you, in winter time Zeno gelateria produces chocolate creations

• Turska's Profile Photo

Gelateria Mazzini: Really good coconut-ice-cream

by Turska Written Sep 17, 2010

It was last day of our trip to Italy this time, and I had not yet had a real good coconut-ice cream. So I was so happy, when the last ice cream I ate in Italy, was the best. It had real coconut-flakes on it. Yammy! And there is no coconut-ice cream at Finland-that´s why I allways eat it at Italy.

Favorite Dish: Coconut ice cream :) Panna cotta was also a good flavour.

• Gelateria Savoia: sugar, sugar flowing thru the veins

by arasnosliw Written Oct 15, 2005

loitering outside the gelateria

I used to come here occasionally because it was nearby where I was living. It wasn't actually until one of the last nights I was in Verona that I was told that this was the gelateria place in town - my local colleagues all verified that this was the best place in town. Well I couldn't really make much of a comparison, but I will take their word on it. Savoia's been around for more than 65 years, so I am sure it's established a notable reputation in town.

• danmcf's Profile Photo

Gelateria Balu': Don't miss an Italian Gelateria

by danmcf Written Mar 15, 2004

Joan enjoying her melon ice cream

Italian Ice Cream is like no other. They really take their ice cream seriously. Dozens of flavors, usually made up fresh, this stuff is great.

Favorite Dish: I went for the hazelnut and my wife chose the melon - they both tasted great. Smooth on the tongue, with natural flavors.

• Sjalen's Profile Photo

Savoia: Heavenly ice cream

by Sjalen Written May 21, 2005

Heaven!

Of all the ice cream we had on this trip, this was the best. Yes, we tried Balo and others recommended to us but nothing beat the lightness of Savoia ice cream.

Favorite Dish: Nocciola

• sandysmith's Profile Photo

Orchidea: 3 ice-creams of Verona

by sandysmith Written Aug 16, 2003

ice-cream time

The cafes in Piazza Erbe are a pleasant place to sit, watch the world go by and have a gelato...or three ;-) Well my friend Gill, myself and Chiara (Pollon) certainly did!

Favorite Dish: Gelato, gelato, gelato!

Instant Answers: Verona