Ristorante, Verona

4.5 out of 5 stars 36 Reviews

• Ristorante
  • the wine-cellar of
    the wine-cellar of "Sant'Eufemia"
    ristorante Sant'Eufemia

Desinare a Santa Teresa: great food and inexpensive

by croisbeauty Written Feb 28, 2014

Those who do not know the city of Verona very well probably wouldn't be able to find this restaurant which is situated in so-called Tombetta. The easiest way to reach it is by taking the opposite direction from Verona Fair to the church Santa Teresa del Gesu Bambino. If not familiar with this part of the city the best is to take a taxi.

Favorite Dish: When in Verona I usually sleep in the hotel Monaco, which is not far from the Verona Fair. The concierge of my hotel recommended this restaurant to me telling that the food is fresh and good and the price is very reasonable.
    Italian word desinare means to dine and it is usually good recommendation for nice and inexpensive places with good food. The restaurant is small, very lovely and has excellent service, and not of less importance, it offers good range of wines. The price for a dinner is around 20-25 euros.

Desinare a Santa Teresa

Il Calice: Good food and not very expensive

by croisbeauty Updated Feb 28, 2014

Ristorante/Pizzeria "Il Calice" offers good touristy menu for about 10 euros, which is not expencive comparing it with other restaurants in the town. Besides, it is very good located, just a foot from Piazza Bra.

Favorite Dish: I like this restaurant because it is not expensive, the food is very good and, most of all, knowing the personal I feel very comfortable here. Besides the local Veronese dishes, I suggest you seafood, in particularly "orata alla grilla".
    Non touristy, ala carte menu, cost something less then 20 euros, drink and coffee including.

ristorante Il Calice

Ristorante: Not bad at all

by croisbeauty Updated Nov 4, 2011

While ago, during one of my first visits to Verona, I had dinner in the restaurant situated on Piazza delle Erbe. It wasn't bad but also it was a bit under my expectations. This time I saw menu outside the restaurant indicating "bacalla" fish, and since it was friday (in my country it is habbit to have fish on fridays) I decided to give a try.

Favorite Dish: I ordered "baccala al vicentino" with polenta, which was very good and, let me say so, above all of my expectations. The price was also very good because baccala + wine (frizzante is very good choice) + coffee cost me less than 15 euros.
    Now, the problem is, I didn't catch the name of the restaurant, but it is the first one in a raw of those situated right bellow the Torre Lamberti. I think it is next to caffe Mazzanti.

baccala al vicentino

Ristorante Sant'Eufemia: Very much Veronese styled

by croisbeauty Updated Nov 4, 2011

I came across to the restaurant Sant'Eufemia only by chance while strolling around, actually didn't know at all this restaurant excisting. From outside it looks pretty much unattractive but interriors is really very pleasant surprise. In a way of speaking, I felt as I came to visit my grandmother at her home. The interior of San'tEufemia offers family ambients and atmosphere, trully enjoyable.
    The restaurant is close to the church of the same name, situated in one 19th century mension and one is sitting on fine old chairs.

Favorite Dish: Sant'Eufemia is offering fresh fishes from the sea and local Veronese dishes. Here you can get 15 different antipasti, 20 different first dishes and over 30 different second dishes at modest cost. Usual dolci di casa(sweets) are home made, while cantina offering over 100 sort of wines of fine selection.
    There are 170 sitting places, air-conditioned ambient and allowed for dogs.
    I took grilled orada and quarter of home white wine, which was delicious.
    The menu cost from 15 up to 35 euros.

ristorante Sant'Eufemia ristorante Sant'Eufemia the wine-cellar of

• catherineneill's Profile Photo

Antica Torretta: Absolutely beautiful!

by catherineneill Written May 7, 2011

Wonderful! We came upon this restaurant by chance just walking about. I am obsessed with restaurants with an outside terrace and will eat at one at every opportunity. This one didnt disappoint with a fantastic atmosphere both inside and out, and a decent wine list.

Favorite Dish: I had risotto of course! Good choice on the menu, set menus and a complimentary glass of bubbly!

• alucas's Profile Photo

Ristorante Pizzeria Il Calice: Il Calice

by alucas Updated Apr 4, 2011

We picked this restaurant out of the list I compiled in my Travel Guide from here on VT. Il Calice was recommended by croisbeauty who has the top-ranked page for Verona.

The restaurant is a few hundred yards from Piazza Bra, just a short walk down the road to Via Pallone, and on the left. There is a large courtyard behind the restaurant with plenty of tables, shaded by a canopy. We were there mid-week, after that night's opera performance had started, and the restaurant was quiet, although had obviously been busy earlier.

The food was good and the portions generous - particularly Liz's Insalate Casa (see the photo) - listed as tomato and mozarella salad in the menu. I had gnocchi to start, but I didn't make a note of the main courses - the bill just says taglista and aristo.

We thought the prices were very reasonable - our three course meal for two people came to 42 euros, plus drinks on top, making 61 euros in total.

mozzarella and tomato salad starter !

• cmcard2's Profile Photo

Ristorante Greppia: For Locals and Tourists!

by cmcard2 Updated Jul 25, 2010

La Greppia, located in an alley opposite the statue of Juliette, is a must when you travel to Verona. There is plenty of seating indoors and outdoors, and has a lively atmosphere. The service is fast and friendly, and one cannot miss the desert cart that lingers in the aisle.

The menu has something for everyone, and is reasonably priced. It is one of the must try restaurants in the city.

Favorite Dish: Pasta 'e Fagioli.

While the tagliatelle with salmon is my second favorite dish, I had to try the pasta and beans. I have searched everywhere in Italy and the US for the best pasta 'e fagiole, and La Greppia's was second to none.

This is an important dish to Verona, and while best enjoyed in the cold months, I chose it in May. I had no regrets. It was different from any other I have had. There was a dark brown heavy sauce that was bean flavored, and the lasagna noodles added just the right amount of contrast and flavor to the dish. Adding some olive oil, cheese, and the hearty bread of this region makes it a winner.

Pasta 'e Fagioli

• Herkbert's Profile Photo

Ristorante Maffei: Fine dining in Piazza Erbe

by Herkbert Written Jul 16, 2010

The restaurant is located in the Maffei Building at the far end of Piazza Erbe. As it was a beautiful evening, we were seated outside in the beautiful courtyard. The restaurant has a very romantic feel to it, and the dining experience was delightful.

Our servers were very friendly and attentive. They tolerated my terrible Italian with a smile and were spot on with menu and wine suggestions. The feeling here is one of casual elegance. People were dressed nicely, but a suit and tie were not necessary.

As for the food, everything we had was well prepared, very nice presented and delicious. My wife went for the fixed price degustation menu, while I went ala carte. There were many choices and I don't think we would have been disappointed with any choice.

Prices weren't cheap, but were appropriate for such a nice restaurant. That goes for the wine prices too.

We would definitely recommend Ristorante Maffei, especially for a special romantic dinner.

Favorite Dish: My favorite dish of the evening was my rack of lamb. Cooked perfectly, it was tender and delicious. But to be honest, we cleaned our plates every course. Yum!

Ristorante Maffei Pasta with shrimp, scallops & broccoli Parmigiano with balsamico Rack of lamb

• clouds111's Profile Photo

Bottega dei Vini: Wine wine wine

by clouds111 Updated Mar 16, 2009

If wine is your thing then you must go to Bottega. They had a 75 page wine list with bottles costing up to €50,000!! I personally do not know the first thing about wine so it can be quite intimidating but they have a list of wine by the glass on the chalk board above the bar and I'm sure the staff would help.

The food here was the best I'd had in Verona, not cheap but well worth it. We had a starter to share and a dish each (you don't have to have a primi and secondi) and a glass and of wine and water and it came to €75 which seems a lot. The house ravioli though was unbelievable delicious!

There a nice atmosphere in there and you can ogle at the 100s of bottles that line the walls.

Favorite Dish: The prochuttio and the house ravioli

• cinthya_in_victoria's Profile Photo

ippopoTamo: Pizza and more pizza!

by cinthya_in_victoria Written Jan 3, 2009

The service 'to go' we found in this restaurant was very convenient as we didn't want to sit down in any restaurant.
    For 3.10€ we had a big slice of pizza. It was so big that it had to be cut to be able to eat it (look at the second picture to see the slide, I had already eaten half of it so, imagine its size). Compared with the prices of the other restaurants where they even charge the use of the table, I found ippopoTamo very convenient. My veggie pizza was very, very tasty!!

Favorite Dish: veggie and ghiotta pizza

yummi!! mine was the one at the left

• Paisleypaul's Profile Photo

Ristorante Greppia: Well deserved reputation for excellence

by Paisleypaul Updated May 2, 2008

The Thomas Cook city guide we had picked up was spot on in this case with its recommendations form this Veronese ristorante - the pumpkin raviioli and gnochetti in mascarpone sauce were superb, particularly the former.

For the first time in Italy (for us) goulash was on the menu - a nod to its locale just off of off Via Ungheria perhaps?
    Also a first for us, we dabbled in an Italian rose. Wine was good as you would expect, the goulash came with small roast potatoes and polenta and was marvellous

Favorite Dish: Good all round - if we had stayed longer we would have been back to try more - but that ravioli zucca mantovano gets the nod

Pumpkin ravioli, gnocchetti in mascarpone, two goulash, wine, two bottles of water , beer and the sundries totalled Eu76 for two including cover charge, and represented value for money in the best ristorante we visited in Verona

Ristorante Greppia Pumpkin ravioli with Grana Padona Goulash potato and polenta Bardolino Chiaretto rose

• Ristorante Al Cristo: Unique mix of tastes

by MrHeller Updated Nov 9, 2007

This restaurant is located just on the back side of Piatza Delle Erbe (downtown Verona). The building is a 15th century restaured house,sofisticated and full of charm. It's a place for a lovelly dinner with a great atmosphere. I had the chance to dine at the "Pintxos Bistrot" and recomend it for all the ones that are looking for a special place. Afther dinner did visit also the underground restaurant, that is the sofistication it self, walls covered with top wines. Definetly a place for a next stop.

Favorite Dish: Friendly personal, ready to serve and clever enought to not disturb...As we looked for Sushi and Sashimi we tried from the menu "Fantasia di Sushi e Sashimi". That was only the main course, all started with an apetizer from the house served with a glass of prosseco ( as champain calls in italy), the first course we split one in two. The wine...there is such a big list of wines....

• Business Travel
    • Wine Tasting

• domenicococozza's Profile Photo

Ristorante 12 Apostoli: words cannot describe

by domenicococozza Written Jul 12, 2007

This is a superb restaurant in the entre of Verona(about 10 minute walk from the amphitheatre). We were recommended here and are so pleased. Eating in 12 Apostoli for my wife and I was a privelege. The food is exquisite and innovative. Try the Petto d'anatrta all'amarone., or anything else for that matter.
    After dinner, ask to see the cantina in the basement(I'll say no more but prepare to be amazed).

Favorite Dish: Dont have one - all good

• pedrycymro's Profile Photo

Trattoria La Griglia: Great Meat!

by pedrycymro Written Nov 27, 2006

Recommended by our hotel for the local cuisine....

Not easy to find on Via Leoncino, and don't be put off by the glass window that has a smashed appearance.
    Very intimate atmosphere, friendly service and if you order the meat dish you can see it cooked on the hearth......

Very nice and very well recommended

Favorite Dish: The Meat dish - more than you can cope with. Cooked medium, and salted. Melts in the mouth....

• Architecture

Al Calmiere: Nice ambient, good food and service

by croisbeauty Written Nov 12, 2006

I've passed by dozen of times but have never entered into this restaurant which is situated in Piazza San Zeno, right opposite to the basilica. During my last visit to Verona, November 2006, I had late dinner here and it was very pleasant surprise. The ambient is rustical but very nice while the service was just great.

Favorite Dish: It was over 10:30 PM and I couldn't have much of choices. The weiter suggest me grilled steak, which was prepared in "camino", right hte one you see on the pictures bellow. The steak was delicious, very tasty and grilled in the way I like it. I had red wine, half a bottle, from Valpolicella and it was of good quality. I finished ny dinner as usual with espresso and have paid it 20 euros.
    In case you're visiting basilica San Zeno during lunch or dinner time, nearby Al Calmiere is excellent choice for your meal.

ristorante al Calmiere

Instant Answers: Verona

Comments

Hotels Near Ristorante