Did you mean?Try your search again
It is a local restaurant with really good food. It has a outdoor patio area that is filled with old used clay pot.
The price is decent and not too expensive. The ambience is like a local hangout place. We ate there for couple nights and everytime the food is fantastic.
Favorite Dish: tortellini,
risotto (minimum two orders)
the fresh seafood platter with fresh oyster, clams
Updated Apr 4, 2011
Address: Via Battisti Cesare, 55, 71918 Vieste
Vieste (as well as Puglia, Vieste region) is well known because of its food. Any restaurant will be OK as far as food quality is concerned, my only suggestion is to have a look at the price list before entering since some restaurants can be quite expensive because they are very touristic. As a rule, I have noticed that restaurant in Old Town are much more expensive than restaurants at the port and in the more recent area of the city.
Here follows a list of local dishes you cannot miss, with Italian translation ;):
1) MOZZARELLA and BUFFALO MOZZARELLA (mozzarella di bufala): mozzarella is very tasty in the South of Italy, especially buffano mozzarella. It is usually served alone, and I consider it as a main dish since it is a very rich food. Also try pizza with buffalo mozzarella. If you are staying in an apartment, I suggest buying mozzarella at the local market and to eat it with some fresh tomatoes.
2) BURRATA: it is very similar to mozzarella, but it is more fatty since its heart is made up of mozzarella and cream. May be dangerous for digestion, but it is a must! Burrata can be easily found in the local markets.
3) CACIOCAVALLO: a type of matured cheese, very tasty and usually grilled.
4) PAPOSCIA (no translation in English): this is a Vieste specialty, pizza bread cooked alone in the oven, then filled as a sandwich with fresh ingredients. The best one is with ham, mozzarella cheese and rocket salad.
5) BRUSCHETTA: toasted bread seasoned with garlic, olive oil, salt, tomato and basil. Bruschetta can be considered as an appetizer, it is very popular in Italy, and especially in this region.
6) ORECCHIETTE: orecchiette is a type of pasta shape typical of this region, generally made by hand and cooked with different types of sauce: fresh tomato sauce with basil, bolognese sauce or turnip tops (cime di rapa).
7) CARTELLATA: typical dessert made with fried sweet mixture and covered either with cooked wine or honey and nuts.
Updated Jul 15, 2010
In Vieste you can find many restaurants and every one of them has it own charm.
You should try fish and octopus on grill and many other great dishes and try some of the local pasta like orecchietti or troccoli..
so if you like the touch of a sea breeze while trying some new cuisine come..
Written Aug 20, 2004