Places to eat in Jersey

Most Viewed Restaurants in Jersey

• littlebush's Profile Photo

Several: Seafood

by littlebush Updated May 7, 2012

The Bonne Nuit cafe at Bonne Nuit is nice, overlooking a small harbour.
    £20 for pad thai, pannini, milkshake, tea, chips.

Crab shack at St Brelades bay is very popular, and busy, it overlooks the huge beach and is a great place. the crab burger is highly recommended. crab itself isnt so good at the cost. £50 for hummous and bread starter, burger and crab salad for main and 2 puddings.

St Aubin cafe - right on the sea wall a tiny cafe with just a few seats but with excellent bacon/egg rolls!!!!

The Dolphin Hotel: Lively atmosphere at the Dolphin

by jo104 Updated Apr 4, 2011

We walked down to Gorey castle on our first evening hoping to eat at the Castle Green gastro pub, but due to it being already fully booked and a rather abrupt manager we decided to look elsewhere to satisfy our food cravings.

As far as the locals are concerned that the Dolphin is the pub to be in to have a drink and have a good time, apparently they even do kareoke on sunday evenings.

The specialise in mediterranean fare so both me & Mecheal had espalandes, hers being chicken & prawns wrapped in bacon, mine was beef. Unfortunately I had to send my beef back as it was overcooked but they were happy to redo the skewer & we all had plenty of food to keep us going for the walk back. Christel had a perfectly cooked t-bone steak, the meal was inexpensive and tasty. We simply did not have room for dessert.

Thanks to Christel for the use of the photo's

• Jasen71's Profile Photo

Bohemia: One of the highest rated restaurants in Jersey.

by Jasen71 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Bohemia is frequented by the 'yuppies' of Jersey.. okay the lawyers then. Great bar and restaurant that is located in St Helier offers the finest food in stylish surroundings. The contemporary design extends throughout the restaurant offering real comfort without formality.

The quality of the food has recently been recognised with the award Michelin star this year, and has also been named one of the UK’s top 25 restaurants by Egon Ronay, and an award of a coveted 3 Rosettes by the AA, making Bohemia one of the highest rated restaurants in Jersey.

Favorite Dish: Grilled local seabass with crushed Jersey Royals and sauce vierge. You just can't beat the local Sea Bass and Jersey Royal Potatoes..The Head Chef Shaun Rankin can really make anyone mouth water, and taste budds tango.

• Mooglosaurus's Profile Photo

Le Moulin de Lecq: Best lunch ever; food, service and scenery

by Mooglosaurus Written Sep 20, 2010

Go there.
    Just go there!

The food is great, the scenery is wonderful. Lots of seating inside but better to go sit outside, better yet to go sit on the grassy terraces overlooking the water mill.
    There is room to play for children, even a slide and a swing.
    The tables are picnic tables which are quite separate from one another, which gives you some privacy.

Staff is genuinely friendly and helpful with tips about what to do and see.

Favorite Dish: I had honeybaked ribs and could not get enough. The meat was so tender you could cut it with the back of your knife.
    Heavenly!

• Cycling
    • Hiking and Walking

• Mooglosaurus's Profile Photo

Dix Neuf: Little bit of everything for everyone

by Mooglosaurus Written Sep 20, 2010

You don't quite know what you want to eat? Pub grub, seafood, snack, whole meals,... ? Or everyone in your group wants to eat something different?
    Then go to the Dix Neuf. There's a little bit of everything to be found here.

I had some of the seafood and loved it. Prices are reasonable, staff is friendly and attentive to your needs.

If you sit inside it can get noisy but it's just about ok.

• Singles

• greyowl7's Profile Photo

Corbiere Phare: Dinner on a stormy day at high tide!

by greyowl7 Written Jul 19, 2010

Highly recommended for dinner. Excellent food (European, vegetarian, fish, Thai specialities) nicely presented, reasonable prices, good service and an unbelievable view of the Corbiere lighthouse (especially impressive at very high tide on a stormy day). Reserve a table at the window!

• Water Sports

• Muarrij's Profile Photo

Movie Cafe: Meet Humphrey Bogart!

by Muarrij Updated Mar 31, 2008

This delightful family run cafe sits atop the long row of high street shops, running through from King and Queens streets, conveniently located, quiet and immune to the bustling throughfares of the lower streets.
    A multitude of film posters, props and paraphanalia waits to greet you as you enter what seems from a the outside a small establishment, but is in fact a large welcoming retreat.

Classic film posters and a top notch Bose sound system entertain you with classic movies through out the day.

They also have a tea garden at the back stocked with some nice trees and shrubbery, which when the weather is nice, must be quite a pleasant alternative for regulars and non alike.

The owners are very hospitable and aim to please at every step! 5 stars for this joint!

Favorite Dish: After a quick glance at the menu outside I decided to try out the pancake chocolate, which I must say was presented with great creativity. The pancake is the best I have tried so far, coupled with fresh (Jersey) cream and ice-cream, (im assuming its Jersey cream). Layered with an orangy chocolate sauce the pancake hit the spot for sure!
    I ordered a double espresso which was satisfactory and complimented the meal very well!

The environment, the food and the service are well worth it and I would highly recommend this unique restaurant/cafe to anyone.

(PHOTO COMING SOON)

• Theater Travel

Tenby Bars: A whole lot of food

by jo104 Written Mar 25, 2008

It seems like you need to book for most eating places and as we could not get into the Court House we decided to get some pub grub in Tenbys. The place all of a sudden got really busy & had a nice lively vibe.

We all had a lovely bowl of tomato soup without knowing how large the main meal would be. I ordered the lamb chops off the special board with mash & veg, wow I was gobsmacked when 5 lamb chops were on the plate. Mech enjoyed a rib & prawn combo which was also a generous portion. We rolled out of Tenbys taking with us the cheesecake that Mech ordered and the staff made it to go.

The staff were very pleasent & the food was good value for money.

Lighthouse restaurant: Give the Lighthouse restaurant a BIG MISS

by jo104 Written Mar 25, 2008

This restaurant & bar, and it appears the owner lets out apartments as well, is it seems the only restaurant establishment that greets you when you complete the Railway walk from St Aubins to Corbiere.

I would like to share my experience of the rude bar manager so you can make an informed decision as to where to spend your hard earned pounds.

Mecheal & I got caught in the rain during our railway walk and although our coats kept our bodies dry the jeans and jacket were wet and we were parched. We were expecting a visitors centre at the end of the walk but found only The Lighthouse restaurant so we went in for a drink before moving on. To our delight there was a fire going but the manager chased us away from sitting near the fire as we would smother the fire & it needs to breath. So we aptly settled ourselves in a corner spot & took off the layers so we could decide what to do next over a nice glass of wine. Before we managed to order the same manager came over to us and said "I hope you ladies are planning to order something and not just sitting here to dry off"

Up to this point I had been so impressed with the Jersey locals & at how well they treat tourists. His rudeness left a bitter taste in my mouth so all I can do now is relay our experience to fellow vt'ers.

Rather catch the bus to Big Verns or indeed some other restaurants in St Brelade Bay, there is no accounting for rudeness.

Big Verns: Big Verns

by jo104 Written Mar 25, 2008

Mech & I went on the hunt for Big Vern's following a friend's recommendation of it being an excellent seaside cafe, the road it is on is unfortunately rather long but after perserverance and the help of our bus driver we found this place and I can say you're in for a treat if you stop here.

I would say the restaurant is more cafe - surfer shack style serving burgers, jacket potatoes, sandwiches, pies and some very fat chips. They display and use local jersey pottery in their shop.

I can imagine Big Vern's would be rather packed in the summer months so its advisable to book and there is an al fresco area. The beach it backs onto is St Oeuns bay with its white sandy beaches a great place to walk off your big feed.

I had a double patty burger with cheese & bacon with a portion of fries big enough to share if I had to. Mech had a toastie with homade honey & orange glazed ham & cheese, both came with decent side salads.

Order at the bar, grap your order wooden spoon & wait for food to be brought to your table.

La Mare: Lunch on a wine estate

by jo104 Written Mar 25, 2008

As we decided to partake in a wine tasting of some of La Mare's local wine we decided it was an ideal place to stop for lunch. The interior of the restaurant is rather pleasent with the tables nicely spaced apart & a view of the vineyards.

We all ordered sandwiches which came with crisps & salad, I had a cheese, ham, onion & tomato panini whilst Mecheal had a chicken & tomato chutney panini & Christel enjoyed a chicken bacon and avocado baguette. If you do not want your salad to be dressed it may be best asking for dressing on the side. Then the black butter cheesecake caught our eye and dessert was on the cards. Between the three of us we scoffed our way through a large scone with jams, black butter & jersey cream, a large piece of chocolate fudge cake and a black butter cheesecake - simply delicious. The girls also sampled the local cider which was 9% proof alcohol.

• ATLC's Profile Photo

Bistro Centrale: Trattoria turned Bistro

by ATLC Written Aug 13, 2007

Well, this is the place where I ate my first lobster ever. It was called Trattoria Centrale then and it was 1991.
    And definitely specialised in sea foods and Italian cuisine.

Anno 2007, I find on the internet: Parisian-style brasserie with eclectic French menu, situated very close to the town’s main shopping street. Also doubles up as a day-time café spilling on to the pavement. Closed on Sunday.

Favorite Dish: I remember that lobster dripping with garlic and herb butter. It was a tremendous treat because I didn't earn much in those days and really splashed out. It cost me 16.50 JEP which would now amount to around 24 EURO.
    These days (2007) a much posher lobster will set you back 19.25 JEP. Which doesn't look like a huge rise.

• ATLC's Profile Photo

Bon Viveur: A nice pasta

by ATLC Written Aug 13, 2007

Favorite Dish: 2 pasta's, a drink and a coffee each. Oh, and dessert :-)
    Amounted to 13,30 Jersey pounds (in 1991!). That's 19,60 EUR today.
    Now if you study their current menu at the link below, it is interesting to read the current prices!

• Kaiyum's: Best Indian In Jersey

by JsyBean Written Jul 29, 2007

If you like indian food - This restaurant is a must. Recently turned from a manky old pub into a plush restaurant with great decor. The manager Sam is the best host you'll find. Lots of local specials like scollops and if you let him know in advance he'll do you a crab or lobster curry.

If you like it hot - just let Sam know when he takes your order and, as everthing is cooked fresh, he'll throw in some extra spices....
    Booking highly recommended - even during the week.

Favorite Dish: I'm a bit of a wimp and still love the onion Baji and pakora. King prawn sag as a main course, or the scollops. My husband likes it hot and can recomment Aloo chat (made hotter, madras strength) and a lamb nagga.

• pocketpiglet's Profile Photo

The Black Dog Bar: open fire and good food

by pocketpiglet Updated Aug 10, 2006

We arrived at this pub around 2 in the afternoon after spending the whole morning walking, it was windy and cold outside... and the sun was no longer shining on us. I was so happy to enter this place and get a table in front of the open fire. Bliss! We had a long three course meal of delicious food and felt tempted to spend the whole afternoon here - it was really cosy.

Jersey Hotels

Top Jersey Hotels

Saint Helier Hotels
18 Reviews - 60 Photos
Saint Aubin Hotels
1 Hotel

Instant Answers: Jersey

Comments

Jersey Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Jersey restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Jersey sightseeing.
Map of Jersey