Places to eat in Riga Region

Most Viewed Restaurants in Riga Region

• lichinga's Profile Photo

Uzbekistana: Great Uzbek cuisine

by lichinga Written Jul 10, 2012

The restaurant is well decorated, pleasnt and reasonably calm. Music is on, not too loud though and the choice is relevant to the atmosphere. Interior romms are especially decorated in a traditinal way.

Favorite Dish: Pilaff kind of preparations are very well interopreted and served. extremely tasty, soft and pleasnt to eat. Egg-plant stffed with cheese were also very good and vegetable fresh.

Cili pica: Good pizza

by Turska Updated Apr 4, 2011

We saw these restaurants many pkaces,and finally decided to go.Pizza was good,and you could choose from three sizes.They had terraces outside at summer,witch is important to me.
    Funny thing for us,was that locals put ketchup and mayo to pizza!!!We saw that in many places,when walked by,and now the waiter gave us the bottles-we didn´t try!Looks discusting-sorry locals..

Favorite Dish: Other time at Riga I took the calzone,this time we took spicysalami-pizza with garlic.Both were good.We also took desert,I don´t even remember what-it was o.k.,but if it would have been great,I´d remember it better!

• poons's Profile Photo

Lido Recreation Centre: Great buffet type restaurant

by poons Updated Apr 4, 2011

This is a really good place for a complete night out.
    Lots of interesting food on the buffet (great if you want to try a bit of everything).
    Local brewed beers on draft.
    Entertainment, ie. live music on most nights of the week.

Favorite Dish: Shrimps from the buffet

• Beer Tasting

• Pizza Jazz & Chili Pizza: Looking for Pizza?

by in4ik Updated Apr 4, 2011

Looking for inexpensive place to eat pizzas? Try out Pizza Jazz in the city center (right on Dome Square) and Chili Pizza in such shopping malls as Mols and Alfa Centrs.

Favorite Dish: Pizza Jazz is also good for salads and desserts. In Chili I would strongly recommend only pizzas (Greek - yummi) and desserts.

Lido recreation centre: Must thing in Riga

by Turska Written Aug 26, 2008

When we went to Riga for first time,we were told,that you must go here.So we did.We didn´t find the bus witch takes there-ask for locals,we went by taxi,but they have been coming more expensive.The restaurant is huge log house,and has really three restaurants:ber-cellar,fancier one a´la carte at second floor,and something between at first floor.We ate three different meats,two potatos,salad and desert and drank beer-it was 7lati.Portions were good size to taste more than one(it´s a place were you walk and point with your finger,what you want,and then you pay what you have taken) and it was fun to try things.We like quite spicy food,so Latvian food isn´t very tasteful for us,but it was o.k.,and definetly worth that money.
    They also have amusement park for children outside-it´s quite small,but maybe children like it.At christmastime they have lights like in American movies-but I think nicer-not many colors and not winkleing,but a lot of small lamps! I´ve heard there´s small Lidos around town,but this is so huge,that you should see it.

Favorite Dish: No favourite.I heard they have own brewery now-maybe we should visit again ;)

• kranstonakov's Profile Photo

pizza place: the biggest pizza in the world

by kranstonakov Written Dec 18, 2006

right in the centre of riga there is a small white building next to the big statue. Go in, its a pizza place. You can order a pizza the size of a bin lid and it will fill you up. Ordering can be tricky, it depends who is working. If your feeling lazy you can get tanya to order you one and they will deliver it to the hostel. TRY and pull tanya, she is gorgeous, oh and if you get a chance to go on the hostel computer, there are smi-naked pictures of her that her mate took. but dont say i told you......mmmm...

• kranstonakov's Profile Photo

russian canteen: Russian cusine - cheap as chips

by kranstonakov Written Dec 18, 2006

rigas population is predominately russian and in these canteens yo will get a good big feed for buttons, its wierd and doesnt look appealling, and the staff aremnt friendly, but lets face it, russian chicks are hot. and the foods dead on if your on a budget.

• Turska's Profile Photo

Kiploku kroga: Good and cheap,many garlic-appetizers

by Turska Written Jul 26, 2006

It doesn´t look so special,very common place,but food is delicius and cheap.And they have lots of garlic-appetizers-we love garlic!It´s quite small,and maybe we wouldn´t find it without Travel guide we had bought.

Favorite Dish: We only ate there once.I had chicken and my husband had a pasta.Both were very good-alltough not so big.First we ate oven baked garlics,and we drank big beers.They also brought garlic-bread to table for free.Our bill was under 10 lati! One lati is 1,46 euros.I don´t know what it is in dollars.

• PeteNL's Profile Photo

Lido (Atputas centrs): Don't miss the Lido!

by PeteNL Updated Mar 1, 2006

Great variety of many local dishes - hot, cold, soups, cakes, with meat, fish, vegetarian... Cosy athmosphere in a (huge) log-built building, various outbuildings and small shops, own brewery, skating rink...

More to come!

Favorite Dish: Just pick what you like! Mushroom dishes and fresh fruit salads (in summer) are especially recommended!

• mirime's Profile Photo

Monterosso: Elegance

by mirime Written Jan 1, 2006

Beautiful, peaceful, the restaurant you see in the movies about golden ages, a very nice place

Favorite Dish: I ate soup (as i too often do), and it was magnificent. Absolutely magnificent. I wish i could make one myself.

• Wine Tasting
    • Singles

• LanaFromRiga's Profile Photo

Chocolate bar: Chocolate's paradise

by LanaFromRiga Written Nov 28, 2005

You'll find many variants of chocolates, candies from chocolates in the Chocolate Bar. If you're hungry you can order meat or fish meals, but be ready that they will be dacoreted or spiced by chocolate.

Favorite Dish: Liquid chocolad with red pepper - an excellent way how to warm in cold winter's evenings.

• Maxlamy's Profile Photo

The Pyramide: Great food in cosy accomodation !

by Maxlamy Written Oct 14, 2005

Specia is the place itself, buffet and à la carte !
    A lot of times with live music.
    Attentive service .
    Open atmosphere with a cosy ambience under the Pyramide.

Favorite Dish: The open buffet !
    Red kaviaar a great present for locals !

• Festivals
    • Seniors

• kenbac's Profile Photo

Nostalgiga: Nostalgiga

by kenbac Updated Oct 4, 2005

I understand this was a Soviet Cafe. Very interesting interior décor! It’s worth going to just to see that alone. Very pleasant ambience! Extensive menu, but I thought it was a little expensive for Latvia. On my first visit to Riga, I went twice, so I must have liked it. Had a coffee on the first visit and a beer on the other. On my second visit I had breakfast there as I had missed it in my hotel. Very good indeed! Very pleasant staff! Great location for people watching! Try for a window table.

• Thoomuch's Profile Photo

4 Rooms: Good and nice restaurant...

by Thoomuch Updated Aug 9, 2005

The food is tasty and good. We did choose barbecue, and it was really tasty!!
    In the summertime they do also have an outdoor part of the restaurant so you can see a lot of outdoor bars and restaurants in old town (and lot of people).
    ....maybe this is a strange BUT dont miss to go to the restaurants WC/restrooms......i have never seen such so nice designed WC in my life (mixed of old and new) SO COOL!!!
    I want to have that in my house........

Favorite Dish: The food was good....but also try the Riga Coffee.......nicely served in big cups (it is coffe with wipped cream and Riga Balsam liquor in it)....very good indeed!!

• sphynxxs's Profile Photo

Apsara tea rooms: Forgetting the time in soft pillows

by sphynxxs Written Sep 27, 2004

It´s tea time here - they claim to serve 70 sorts of tea here, and you can pick the atmosphere. At ground level in this small medieval building you have the European tea room with fireplace, downstairs in the basement you can sink into the pillows in a Indo-Asian atmosphere with tranquil music, sipping your tea from a flat table and completely forget about time.

Favorite Dish: it´s not just the tea, it´s the place.... when I was in Riga it was cool and raining a lot, but all this was soon forgotten.... i

Riga Region Hotels

3 Reviews - 29 Photos
Mangalsala Hotels
See nearby hotels

Instant Answers: Riga Region

Comments

Riga Region Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Riga Region restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Riga Region sightseeing.
Map of Riga Region