The Alexander Nevski Church is located on Brivibas Street. The church was built in 1825 to honor the victory over Napoleon's army. Although historians are unsure of the designer, it is thought that C.F. Breitkreatz did so. The church was built of wood in a rotunda shape.
In the center of New Riga we came across this bright yellow building which we discovered was Riga's Alexander Nevsky Church. When we were in Riga the city was covered in snow, but this building definitely brought some color to the street.