Sigulda Restaurants

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

Tris Draugi

by MalenaN Written Jan 19, 2009

Food at Tris Draugi

After seeing the sights around in Sigulda, Turida and Krimulda I went to Tris Draugi to eat. It is a canteen-style of a restaurant and you choose by the counter what you want to eat. As I was very hungry I took a big plate. The woman behind the counter put the food I chose on the plate and weighed it. I had rice and pork. And when she put it on the plate I said I wanted to have more twice. Then I wanted to have some vegetables and saw something I thought was aubergine and pointed to it. It turned out to be liver, so in the end I had a lot of meet on my plate. Well, I like liver and had not eaten that for a long time. If had knew it was liver from the beginning I would have skipped the pork.
    The big plate with rice, pork and liver, and a kefir to drink, was 3.39 Ls (December 2008).

• Airpunk's Profile Photo

Kafejnica Veikals: Café in front of Turaida Castle

by Airpunk Written Sep 23, 2007

Kafejnica Veikals

Just on the other side of the road, there’s a café where you can grab some snacks and drinks. It is nothing special (the only special thing may be its 1970 soviet charme), but you’ll get the basic things to fill your stomach and kill your thirst. A small outside terrace is available to rest and enjoy what you have bought.

• Architecture

• ammoncheskin's Profile Photo

Great coffe/tea/hot choc and cakes

by ammoncheskin Written Sep 12, 2006

On those cold Winter days there can be nothing better than the lovely Tçja, kafija restaurant. the name simply means tea, coffee, but inside there is a cosy atmosphere, the staff are very friendly and it feels like 'home'.

I recommend the Kakao (hot Chocolate) and some local cepumi (cookies), but if you prefer they have various differnet types of teas and coffees.

Favorite Dish: It's all good

• Inguuna's Profile Photo

Raganas kekis: Nice tavern

by Inguuna Updated Jan 18, 2006

Inside of Raganas kekis

Not far from Sigulda, in Ragana you can enjoy delicious home-style cuisine, translating in English it means 'Witch kitchen'. In this cozy tavern, which has interesting interior, you can have different soups, salads and also meat dishes. All in all, firstly with eyes you'll want to take and eat everything.

Favorite Dish: Cheese pocket and boiled tongue salad.

• Beer Tasting

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Snack stand: Snack stand between Krimulda and the caves

by Dabs Written Jun 13, 2004

Not anticipating the long wait at the cable car, I hadn't though I would need food until we got to Turaida but since we had a way to go, I stopped at this little snack stand and got a hot dog and fries.

A better idea, had I thought of it, would have been to stop at the Elvi grocery store which was not too far from the bus station (you will see it on the way in) and grabbed a picnic lunch.

Instant Answers: Sigulda

Comments

Sigulda Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Sigulda restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Sigulda sightseeing.