Places to eat in Vaduz

Most Viewed Restaurants in Vaduz

• Henrik_rrb's Profile Photo

Old Castle Inn: English styled restaurant in Vaduz

by Henrik_rrb Written Jan 17, 2008

Arriving to Vaduz in the afternoon made sure that only one restaurant was open - the Old Castle Inn. Given the nice weather we had in October we decided to sit outside on the terrace, have a few beers, and try to local cuisine.

And what's better than trying a wienersnitzel (apart from learning how to spell it...) when you're in the Alps?
    At Old Castle Inn it was so good that I had it again when we returned for another lunch spell the next day.
    Service was very nice and quick, despite the place being quite crowded both times. Apparently most people chose to sit inside, which for me was strange when the sun was up and shining outside.

But oh well, what do I know?

The restaurant is located right next to the biggest street in Vaduz (which doesn't say too much though) so cars were driving by now and then. But the terrace is surrounded by glass, so we really didn't hear them at all.

While sitting there a local tv-crew came by and started to film our swedish flag "Sweden Away" and also made an interview with the group founder Johan, who still is incredibly proud about that moment! :D

Favorite Dish: The wienersnitzel was just splendid! The first day we got the beer Calanda Weizen Bräu while we the second time got Schützengarten, both very nice for thirsty swedes. And best of all, huge glasses! :)

Johan and Janna on the terrace. Mattias with a huge beer. Is there anything better than a beer in the sun? Old Castle Inn by night. Sweden Away and the tv crew.
    • Beer Tasting

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo

Old Castle Inn

by HORSCHECK Updated Apr 22, 2007

During our day in Vaduz we went for a late lunch at the Old Castle Inn, which is an English 16th century style restaurant and pub. The place seems to be popular with local business people having their lunch there.

On warm days the outdoor terrace is open, but as we were there in January 2007 we prefered to sit inside. The rustic wooden interior consists of a large bar and quite a few tables. On tap is the Swiss Calanda Bräu beer.

The menu offers both regional and international cuisine. At lunch time they even have a "Menu of the day" which we opted for. It was a regional soup for starters and Riz Casimir as main course. Riz Casimir is a Swiss chicken curry with fruits.

The bill was 46,40 CHF for two people including drinks. Taking into consideration that Liechtenstein is relatively expensive, this meal was reasonably priced.

Old Castle Inn Inside the Old Castle Inn Old Castle Inn: Regional soup Old Castle Inn: Riz Casimir
    • Trains

• morgenhund's Profile Photo

Café Amann: Slightly overpriced for my liking

by morgenhund Written Apr 5, 2005

I had a midday meal at Café Amann in Vaduz on the Äulestrasse. For my CHF 25.70 (EUR 17.36) I got a bowl of vegetable soup with bread, a chicken dish with vegetables, a large beer and a coffee. Over the border in Austria I would have paid half the price. The waitresses were attentive and pleasant, although almost too chummy - they had no qualms about addressing me as "du" although one did strike up conversation as she was intrigued as to why an Englishman spoke German with a Viennese accent!

• cynthi's Profile Photo

Donner Kabob Stand: Eat at noon... cause you can't do anything else!

by cynthi Written Feb 19, 2005

Well, when we got into Vaduz everything was closed for lunch so, being poor exchange students, we ate a Donner Kabob at some little place and spend 30 CHF (we got a kabob plus coke each and some french frys (I know.... strange)). This seemed to be the most economical eating possiblty after we walked around (in the cold) trying to figure out what to do.

• Pakistaniguy's Profile Photo

Forgot: Just a Coffee in a Cafe

by Pakistaniguy Updated May 1, 2004

As you all can guess that i am a Muslim so, i only eat 'Halal' food (like Kosher for Jews). So, unfortunetly i couldn't try different resturants. When i use to be at home, I use to cook but most of the times when me and my friend were out of the town i always (90%) of the times use to hve McDonald's Fillet-O-Fish Burger! because fish is Halal. It was the same case in Vaduz as well. We drove in McDonald's and enjoyed the food and calm atmosphere. McDonald's was fine. The service and the quality is the same everywhere.There were all young people there and nice atmosphere around.

Favorite Dish: Of course! i had no options except Fillet-O-Fish!

• School Holidays

Top Vaduz Hotels

Vaduz Hotels
66 Reviews - 205 Photos

Instant Answers: Vaduz

Comments

Vaduz Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Vaduz restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Vaduz sightseeing.
Map of Vaduz