the Town hall
The Town Hall of Vaduz is a nice pink building with a long row of little windows, although it is of recent built (around 1932-33 in fact).
The ornaments around the window and the balcony fresco are by Johannes Troyer. The city's coat of arms is chiseled into stone.
The best thing about the town hall, however, are the three bronze statues of the wild horses. They are made by a contemporary swiss sculpton from the italian speaking area of Switzerland: Nag Arnoldi - a failed dentist technician turned into one of Switzerland's best sculptors.
- Road Trip
The red house
The Red House is in fact a red house with an annexed tower. it's not a simple house: it's the oldest house in Vaduz.
In the past it was called Vaistlihof, home of the Vaistlis. Today it is the oldest house in Vaduz. In the 16th century it used to belong to the St. Johann Monastery in the Thurtal Valley until it was bought by a lay family, the Vaistlis ineeed. The tower was a later addition (1807).
You can also see an old press beam ("Torkelbaum") in the right corner to the house.
- Road Trip
As I say on my front page to Vaduz, you don't really get your Passpart stamped all that much in Europe these days.
But in Leichtenstein, you can pay E1,50 for the privelige. Go to the Info office in the main square to GET STAMPED!!!
- Business Travel
- Budget Travel
St. Florin?s Parish Church
The neo-Gothic parish church of Vaduz was built between 1868 and 1873 on the site of a medieval chapel. It was constructed according to the plans of the Viennese architect Friedrich von Schmidt (who built the Vienna City Hall) and was consecrated on 5 October 1873. With the consecration of the church, Vaduz was elevated to a parish. The interior was renovated from 1965 to 1966 and the exterior from 1975 to 1976.
The Red house
The Red House in Vaduz, one town's landmark, on the Prince Franz Josef street, is a late medieval gabled stairs construction. Its tower can be seen from the distance. It is only a good picture of the town.
The government building
The government building (Regierungsgebäude) was completed in 1905 and is the seat of the government and parliament. The government building is a landmark of this part of Vaduz . The government building and “Verweserhaus” are living proof of the fact that Vaduz has been the capital since 1342 and the residence – with interruptions – of the lords of the old lands of Vaduz and of the Principality of Liechtenstein.
Liechtenstein’s National Art Museum
Liechtenstein’s National Art Museum (Kunstmuseum Liechtenstein) was inaugurated in November 2000 as a museum of fine arts. The architectural work of art, an eye-catching black cube, is situated in the center of Vaduz. The collection of the national exhibition focuses on international modern and contemporary art. Liechtenstein’s National Art Museum mainly shows artistic works since 1900 from its own collection and changing exhibitions on 1,750 sq. m/18,725 sq ft of floor space. Liechtenstein’s National Art Museum is a place of encounters characterized by a lively interaction with art.
Castle of Vaduz
The castle was built in the 12th century at top of a hill in Vaduz and is the residence of one of the oldest royal families. The Castle cannot be visited, but guided tours in Vaduz offer interesting insights into the history of the castle and the Princely Family.
The Three Horses
A modern sculpture called Three Horses - "Tre Cavalli" 2002 made by Nag Arnoldi 1928 are to be found in front of the cuty hall.
- Arts and Culture
The City Hall
The city hall of Vaduz was built between 1932 and 1933 after the plans of Franz Roeckle Frankfurt / Vaduz . Renewed in 1982-1984. The balcony fresco on the south facade was made by Johannes Troyer.
Vaduz has a principal street with "all to see" in a rapid visit, museums, shopping, restaurants and buildings.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Book online.
- Hotels.com See maps & reviews for over 140,000 Hotels worldwide!