Alytus Travel Guide

Panoramic view of the city.
    Hotel
    Interior of Pub

Alytus Things to Do

by bluegirllt Written Jan 15, 2007

If you are staying in Alytus for a little longer than a week or two you might want to stay in shape while your at it. "Saule Sporto Klubas" is a woman-only aerobics club. They usually have aerobics classes every day at 3 different times giving you some flexibility about what time you wish to work out. For about 70 Litas a month you can take hour-long classes everyday. It's a great value and can be a lot of fun too. Step aerobics and stretching are just some of the fun things to do there.

• Cycling

Alytus Restaurants

Staircase to th Pub 2 more images

by bluegirllt Written Jul 31, 2007

Ok, well me and three of my friends were stuck at 8 p.m. with all the restaraunts filled up in Rotuses Aikste. So we decided to try out Vaidila. There are two parts to this place. It is a hotel on the second & third floors. There's a fancy new restaraunt on the ground level, and a rustic type pub downstairs in their basement. We were in the pub. When you walk down the interior is pretty nice , yet a little too dark and grotto looking. None of us were really hungry so we all ordered some type of dessert such as ice cream & coffee. The place was moderately crowded with a few empty tables lying around. In about 10 minutes, my coffee came, except I was the only one served. Then an extra 15 minutes later, the ice cream came, which makes me think - does it really take that long to take some ice cream and serve it on a plate?
    We stayed there for about 50 min. overall.
    Heres the problem - our order was taken by one server, our food delivered by another, and a third one was supposed to take our check. About 20 min later when we just wanted to get out of the place because it was getting late, the server came up to our table with NO CHECK. Then she gave us horrible attitude when we asked for the check again. I mean she was just straight up rude. Not eating there again, unless they change their waiters!

Favorite Dish: Peaches with ice cream.

• Music
    • Beer Tasting

by bluegirllt Written Jun 17, 2007

Out of the three places in alytus that serve "Dzuku" style food this is probably my favorite. I like how they have a mix of traditional Lithuanian dishes like Cepelinai or Bulviniai blynai but also serve pretty good pizza. It's also nice to sit in if there is something going on in the city. You can watch a concert while eating.

by bluegirllt Written Jan 14, 2007

This is a cozy little place in central Alytus that serves great coffee and one of the few places of this type in the city. I especially love the interior. There are a couple comfy couches that are great to relax on and just talk with your friends. "Kavos Namai" is definitely worth a visit for a great cup of coffee at a really reasonable price.

Favorite Dish: My favorite was the chocolate mocha, it had little swirls of chocolate inside and was awesome.

• Study Abroad

Instant Answers: Alytus

Comments

Alytus Travel Guide
Map of Alytus