Druskininkai Transportation

Best Rated Transportation in Druskininkai

• Raimix's Profile Photo

Bus from\to Vilnius

by Raimix Updated Jun 26, 2007

Morning buses from Vilnius to Druskininkai were going at 7.40, 8.40, 9.35, 11.00. We needed more morning buses to be at Druskininkai till midday. It takes about 2 hours to get there and costed 19 litas (5.50 euro) for adults in 2006 June.

• Raimix's Profile Photo

Druskininkai - Grutas buses

by Raimix Updated Jun 26, 2007

The distance between Druskininkai and Grutas park is about 7 kilometres. It can be easily reached by buses from Druskininkai. The buses don't go to often, so to know it better to call to Grutas park information. It is nice, that buses come just near the gates of Grutas park. Druskininkai - Grutas bus ride at 2007 June costed 1 litas (0,29 euro).
    As I know, buses from going from Grutas stop in few places in Druskininkai. I think the best option is to get from bus at Vandens Parkas (Aqua Park) station.

Orientation

PUBLIC  MAP  OF  DRUSKININKAI

Walking or driving around Druskininkai you need a map of the city.

It was available in tourist information offices. But waling around I could find public maps on a street as well. Hmm... these one were more detailed than my schematic map in a brochure "Exploring Druskininkai, City Guide".

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo

Where and what to fuel up?

by matcrazy1 Updated Jul 28, 2004

TO  GAS/PETROL  STATION  (WITH  LIQUID  GAS)

Just in case you want to save on petrol/gas... the prices in Poland and Lithuania were the same or almost the same in June 2004. Before Lithuania was less expensive :-(.

There was a petrol station located just before Druskininkai. This small sign on the bottom, on my picture, meant liquid petroleum gas (LPG, propane) for cars which was over twice less expensive than "normal" petrol/gas in Lithuania :-))).

Prices per liter:
    95E - 2.75 Lt (0.80 ? or... US$3.69 per gallon; I LOVE THE USA :-)
    92E - 2.70 Lt
    Diesel - 2.38 Lt
    Liquid gas - only 1.23 Lt :-).

Up-to-date prices of gas/fuel in European countries: Prices of gas/fuel/petrol in European countries
    Excuse, this page is in Polish language. Lithuania is "Litwa", "bezolowiowa" means unleaded, "waluta" means currency. All prices per liter. Enjoy :-)

Easy parking

MY  PARKING  LOT

I was in Druskininkai on business day in June. The traffic was light and there were many (unbelievable many) places to park a car along its streets and all parking lots were free of charge. I parked my car on this parking lot on my picture - the best place to stop and visit the museum and walk along main lake.

It was located at main city street: M.K. Ciurlionio gatve, driving to Druskininkai from Vilnius or Veisiejai, on the left just when you pass (behind) the building of the musem. The lake was below, behind the trees on my picture.

• Museum Visits

By bus or train

by matcrazy1 Updated Jan 3, 2005

ENTRY  TO  DRUSKININKAI

Bus station was located close to city centre/downtown (5 min. walk).

Address:
    Gardino gatve 1, LT-4690 Druskininkai.
    Tel. +370 (313) 5 13 33.

There were buses to:

Lithuania:
    Vilnius (every hour), Kaunas, Alytus, Panavezys and Siauliai.

International:
    Kaliningrad, Russia
    Warsaw (Varsuva), Poland
    Bialystok (Balstoge), Poland.

There were only a few trains to Vilnius daily. Check your connection on European Train Timetable

By bus around

BUS  LINE  NO 4

The 5 bus lines was the only public transportation in Druskininkai but they covered the whole area of the city and its suburbs. They went approx. once a hour except buses no 4, on my picture: Laisves aikste (Freedom Square) - "Rytas" School which went approx. every 20 min.

You will find more details in Exploring Druskininkai City Guide available in tourist information office.

Rent me, please!

RENT  ME,  PLEASE!

I found this "rent a scooter agency" at Laisves gatve (street), close to Russian Orthodox church. I didn't rent it. I thought, I needed XXL size :-). But I met one kid riding a scooter nearby.

Price list:
    5 min. - 3.00 Lt
    10 min. - 5.00 Lt
    No customers and hmm... rather expensive transportation as for Lithuania :-).

Very close to both Belarus and Poland

by matcrazy1 Updated Feb 2, 2007

DRUSKININKAI  SIGN

I drove to Druskininkai by my car from Poland via Budzisko-Kalvarija border crossing point. Druskininkai is located in southern Lithuania, 5 km east of highway A4 Vilnius - Hrodna (Grodno), Belarus, 11 km from border crossing point to Belarus and 52 km from another border crossing to Poland called Ogrodniki - Lazdijai.

DRIVING DISTANCES

Border crossing points:

Poland:
    Lazdijai - Ogrodniki: 52 km,
    Budzisko - Kalvarija: 86 km.

Belarus:
    (direction Hrodna) - 11 km.

Lithuania:

• Spa and Resort

Easy driving around

by matcrazy1 Updated Jul 26, 2004

M.K. CIURLIONIO  GATVE

There was very light traffic in Druskininkai when I was there, that was on business day in June 2004. Look at the main street (M.K. Ciurlionio gatve) on my picture.

Watch for numerous pedastrian crossings (xings). Although there were very few pedastrians. Hmm... I wonder why?

Before I got a map

by matcrazy1 Updated Jul 28, 2004

TOURISM  INFORMATION  ROAD  SIGN

I didn't have any map of Druskininkai when I entered a city by my car. I didn't have idea how large the city was as well.

Hmm... I simply followed the signs leading to tourist information office (Turizmo Informacija), on my picture. First I passed by "business areas" and than unexpectadly I drove through deep forest where the tourist information office was located and where I got free copy of City Guide "Exploring Druskininkai" (in English, Polish, Lithuanian, Russian and German) with the schematic map of Druskininkai.

To stop or to drive?

GREEN  ARROW  BY  TRAFFIC  LIGHT

Look at the green arrow put by traffic lights on my picture. It's common sign in Lithuania. It meant that I was allowed to follow the direction of the arrow (right on my picture) even on red light on. Surely first, I was obliged to stop and give a way for the crosswise traffic which had green light. Is it clear?

Well, in Poland, there are similar arrows as well but they are not painted. Instead they are lighted and one must wait till it is lighted on.

Instant Answers: Druskininkai

Comments

Druskininkai Transportation

Reviews and photos of Druskininkai transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Druskininkai sightseeing.