Grutas Favorites

• TICKET  OFFICE  AND  ENTRANCE  TO  GRUTAS  PARK
    TICKET OFFICE AND ENTRANCE TO ...
    GRUTAS PARK LOGO
    IN THREE LANGUAGES

Most Recent Favorites in Grutas

• Raimix's Profile Photo

Feelings when walking at Grutas park

by Raimix Updated Jun 13, 2007

Favorite thing: When walking in Grutas park I have seen the part of history of Lithuania, that for some people was good (especially who had friends in high positions of communistic parties, other institutions or those, who agreed with ideology), and for some was bad - here mostly people, who simply wanted to be more free in everyday decision making, planning lives. At the moment mostly only some old people say that Soviet Union was good period, as people knew they will get jobs associated with studies, someone will take care of them if being loyal to authorities and that they will be more equal in material way (getting money).

So, what about me?.. I was walking and thinking that all that former cult of sculptures looks funny for me now. Some younger people were making very funny photos near sculptures, but about 30 years ago for such way of making fun it was possible to be imprisoned or to lose support from authorities for future life (being accepted as insane and more).

Blue composition

BLUE  COMPOSITION

Favorite thing: There were a few beautiful structures made of flowers in the Grutas park. They were put along the walkway just after passing through the entrance, by Grutas Lake. Personally I liked this blue composition, on my picture, the most.

• Eco-Tourism
    • Hiking and Walking

In three languages

IN  THREE  LANGUAGES

Favorite thing: There were signs in three languages: Lithuanian, English and Russian put in the Grutas Park. But some documents displayed in the museum were surely originally exclusively in either Lithuanian or Russian language. They usually where not translated into English but often partly were, with some comments in English.

Six in one!

GRUTAS  PARK  LOGO

Favorite thing: What was Grutas Park? Official name was the Museum of Soviet Sculpture ("Sovietiniu Sculpturu Muziejus" - hmm... was Lithuanian similar to English? haha, not at all).

In real the Grutas Park was:
    1. place to walk and relax - a park covered by forests, meadows, a river and a lake,
    2. muzeum of Soviet open-air sculpture,
    3. muzeum of Soviet pictures,
    4. museum of Soviet occupation of Lithuania (the most interesting in my opinion),
    5. ZOO,
    6. playground area (for kids).
    Welcome and enjoy :-).

• Architecture
    • Museum Visits

If you have a camera

by matcrazy1 Updated Aug 9, 2004

5  FOR  CAMERA  AND  10  FOR  MOVIE  CAMERA

Favorite thing: I had a digital camera and movie camera when I entered the Grutas Park. At the ticket office I noticed those signs on my picture. Well, I had to pay 5.00 Lt for taking pictures and I... didn't buy permission for my movie camera (10.00 Lt). I simply didn't use it.

They gave me a small piece of paper with a camera picture, a stamp (with date written) and a pin to fix it to a cloth, just in case of park staff check-up.

• Museum Visits

Entrance tickets and hours

TICKET  OFFICE  AND  ENTRANCE  TO  GRUTAS  PARK

Favorite thing: When I parked my car on a parking lot, I followed the cement walkway which leaded me to this small house, on the picture. I bought tickets and information leaflet there and I looked at limited choice of souvenirs there.

I paid 16.00 Lt for two entrance tickets. For up-to-date ticket prices - click here, please.
    There were guided tours (60.00 Lt) in English, Polish and Russian available - call the number: +370 (313) 55511 in advance.

HOURS
    Park was open daily year round:
    in winter 9.00 am - 5.00 pm,
    in season 9.00 am - 8.00 pm.
    Excuse, I forgot to ask when season was there, from May (or June) to August (or September), I suppose. I was in June and the park was open till 8.00 pm :-).

• Architecture

Instant Answers: Grutas

Comments

Grutas Favorites

Reviews and photos of Grutas favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Grutas sightseeing.