Grutas Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Grutas

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo

Kavine: The only restaurant

by matcrazy1 Updated Oct 22, 2006

There was the only restaurant I found in the Grutas Park - local monopolist, I could say. It was called just kavine (cafe) and offered wooden tables and benches in quite nice, a little bit dark interior.

Our waitress was... rather slow, very serious (well, maybe she was tired at the end of working day) and... Lithuanian speaking. But menu in English was available.
    Cards of Visa and Eurocard/Mastercard were accepted. They stayed open longer than the park itself.

Favorite Dish: There was limited choice of mostly simple Lithuanian dishes and a few "Soviet style" dishes as well - follow the link below for more, please.

We were not hungry so we ordered:
    1. Lithuanian pancakes (my recommendation!),
    2. Lithuanian potato cakes (very good),
    3. Lithuanian Svyturys beer (0.5 l - good as always in Lithuania)
    4. Capuccino cafe - surprisingly very good (my recommendation).
    We paid 16.30 Lt (approx. € 5.00; US$ 6.00; 23 Polish zl) - rather expensive as for Lithuania.

BUILDING  OF  KAVINE
    • Beer Tasting

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo

Picnic area: With own food

by matcrazy1 Updated Oct 22, 2006

Well, it's not at all restaurant... but small picnic area with wooden, roofed benches and tables put just outside local restaurant/cafe in the Grutas Park. My suggestion, for driving a car visitors especially, is to buy some food in local grocery for example in Lazdijai and bring it there.

Favorite Dish: Well, I would buy and enjoyed Lithuanian great dark/black bread, Svyturys beer and for example local Lithuanian honey.

SMALL  PICNIC  AREA  IN  GRUTAS  PARK

Instant Answers: Grutas

Comments

Grutas Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Grutas restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Grutas sightseeing.