We would be delighted to organize Official Dinners or romantic dinner with candlelight for two as well as Private Parties, Weddings, Hen or Stag Parties, Family Gatherings, Christmas Parties, Christenings, Birthday Parties, ect.
We would like to invite You to our Bar, 80 seat Restaurant or 3 Party Halls (120 seats).
Restaurant working hours:
I - IV 10:00 - 23:00
V - VI 10:00 - 24:00
VII 10:00 - 22:00
Breakfast service at customer’s request.
On request working hours can be flexible.
Restaurant fully air conditioned.
Favorite Dish: everythin is good. everything is fresh.cakes are very delicious:)
Whenever you are in Kedainiai don't miss delicious, hot, Lithuanian pancakes in Gildija restaurant. They are called in a few ways in Lithuanian: blyneliai, blynai or lietiniai are synonyms for more or less the same thing. Warning: bulviniai blynai means potato pancake.
Favorite Dish: We ate pancakes (four per portion) with red caviar that was "Blyneliai su raduona ikra". They were more than delicious :-))) and the most expensive as well: 10.50 Lt (approx. 3.2 euros, 3.8 US$, 15,20 zl).
Other pancakes (Blyneliai):
- with spinach (su spinatais) - 5.60 Lt,
- with chicken (su vistiena) - 7.00 Lt,
- with curd cream (su varskes kremu) - 5.60 Lt,
- with oranges and chocolate dressing (su apelsinais ir sokoladiniu uzpilu) - 5.70 Lt,
- with pineapple (sa ananasais) - 5.80 Lt.
Good apetite :-))).
Lithuania is located on the Baltic Sea coast. Well, Kedainai is located over 200 km (125 mi) off Klaipeda, the nearest Baltic port. But Lithuania is rich in lakes and rivers full of fish. I saw a lot of fishermen catching fish in Panavezys River in Kedainiai.
But there was not large choice of seafood and fish in Gildija resturant. Urszula (matcrazy0) used to eat salmons recently so she ordered roast salmon (Baltic, white salmon to be more exact) and it tasted exactly like it should, simply delicious.
Favorite Dish: Roast salmon: salmon, red pepper, aubergine, onions, tomatoes, hot potatoes, tuna sauce (Lasisos kepsnys - 16.00 Lt)
If you don't like salmons you can try for example:
- Crisped ling in boletus sauce (Gruzdinta juros lydeka baravyku padaze - 12.80 Lt),
- Stuffed lobster (Idarytas kalmaras - 11.70 Lt).
This restaurant unfortunately didn't offer many Lithuanian traditional dishes but surely broth with patty and boletus soup with bacon were among them.
Favorite Dish: You can choose among five soups:
- soup of the day (ask waitress, Dienos sriuba - 3.50 Lt),
- Bavarian tomatoes soup (Bavariska pomidoru sriuba - 4.70 Lt),
- Creamy broccoli soup (Trinta brokoliu sriuba - 3.30 Lt),
- Boletus soup with bacon (Baravyku sriuba su rukyta sonine - 4.50 Lt),
- Broth with patty (Sultinys su pyrageliu - 3.50 Lt).
I chose the last one and it tasted delicious, especially warm patties.
My visit to Kedainiai would be not complete if I don't taste Lithuanian food there. Walking around the old town I didn't see any other restaurant except that one. So, after walk around the old town we came back there to eat late lunch or rather early dinner although the restaurant didn't offer many Lithuanian dishes.
The waitress - very sympathetic, pretty and always smiling lady - coudn't speak English (except basic words) although she first said she could. She didn't know Polish as well but she could speak Russian (better than me, I suppose). Luckily the menu was bi-lingual: Lithuanian and English :-))).
Except the communication problems it was excellent. Dishes were served fast, just on time and our waiter looked all the time whether we want something. They accepted Visa and Eurocard/Mastercard cards. We paid the bill by Visa card and a tip by cash.
I think it was the most expensive restaurant in Kedainiai. We paid 57.80 Lt + approx. 10% tip. It was approx.: 20 euros, 23 US$ or 92 Polish zl. Not cheap but worth the cost :-).
Food and drinks
All dishes we tasted were delicious - never to forget, drinks and beer as well. Only cafe was served with plastic container of milk (instead of fresh, warm milk in seperate pot) which I never like.
Favorite Dish: Soup:
- Broth with patty (Sultinys su pyrageliu - 3.50 Lt)
- Pork with champignons: stuffed pork, champignons, roasted potatoes, green vegetables (Kiauliena smaigstyta pievagrybais - 13.50 Lt)
- Roast salmon: salmon, red pepper, aubergine, onions, tomatoes, hot potatoes, tuna sauce (Lasisos kepsnys - 16.00 Lt)
- Pancakes with red caviar (Blyneliai su raduona ikra - 10.50 Lt)
seasonal salad (3.50 Lt), glass of white wine (8.60 Lt), cafe with milk (3.50 Lt) and draught local beer (0.5 l - 1.80 Lt).
It was cafe (kavine) and pub/bar (baras) which served some simple food, cafe, soft drinks, beverages and Lithuanian draught beer. The interior was nice, service nice, prices lower than in a restaurant across a street.
Favorite Dish: I or rather mostly Urszula tasted Lithuanian beer called Ragutis Premium brewed in Kaunas. The beer was good, hazy and yellow. My recommendation if you like pale lager beer.