Lazdijai Tourist Traps

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo

Soviet style service :-(

by matcrazy1 Updated May 19, 2005

WHAT  DID  IT  MEAN ?

There was no information on Lazdijai in my travel books on Lithuania. So, I was very glad to find the tourist information office located in the Town Hall building (on the right when you enter). It was raher small information point. I saw maps and leaflets I wanted to get or buy them but... it was closed (in midday of business day). There was this small information, on my picture, written there. What did it mean ? Any ideas ? I have a few (I remember them from past times of Soviet economy):
    - be right back,
    - I am in a bank,
    - I am in a toilet/restroom :-)

Well, I started to wait... 5 min. - nothing, 10 min. - nothing. I took a walk around the main square (15 min.) - nothing... So, I knocked to one city office room and asked (in English) where will they open, 3 women inside looked at me ungrily (I disturbed them) like at invader from space and replied in Russian: "we don't know, you need to wait". I asked how long? Hmm... one of those women replied a little bit rudely "didn't you understand what I had already said?". It was enough, I gave up.

Hmm... it was real Soviet style service... Maybe this is one of the reasons that Lazdijai doesn't attract foreign investors and has high unemployment rate...

I've just received (May 19, 2005) an e-mail from VT-er lazdijai surely from Lazdijai:
    "That's mean: I'm gone to exhibition. Not more, not less. And absolutely that
    didn't mean : I'm in the restroom. And people can see much interesting places :
    museums, many lakes around. And tip for you: choose your drinks more carefuly."

OK, my friend, I will :-).
    Matt (crazy sober when has to drive a car).

Unique Suggestions: Wait, wait, wait. Waiting was the main human activity in former Soviet Union...

Fun Alternatives: Look for tourist information in the net (read in my general tips) or try to call to Lazdijai Tourism Information Center: +370 318 51160.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo

German quality ???

by matcrazy1 Updated Jul 23, 2004

GERMAN  JUICE ?

Do not buy and even if... do not drink this juice on my picture. It was awful in taste red orange juice called VITAL & FIT. It was neither vital nor fit. Keep away from it. Probably the juice was stored in warm/hot temperatures for long time.

All explanations on the juice were in... German language. Was it really German quality ?

Unique Suggestions: Maybe look for the cheapest juices. Paradoxically they maybe better as they should be more often bought by locals and this way less time stored in warm/hot.

Fun Alternatives: Keep up well known names: Coca-Cola was everywhere. Or try mineral water.

Instant Answers: Lazdijai

Comments

Lazdijai Tourist Traps

Reviews and photos of Lazdijai tourist traps posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Lazdijai sightseeing.