Neringa Sports & Outdoors

• We paddle in the amazing Nature of Curonian lagoon
    We paddle in the amazing Nature of...
    by Charpentier
    Biking in Neringa
    by Sonic747

Most Recent Sports & Outdoors in Neringa

• Canoeing in Neringa

by Charpentier Written Mar 8, 2007
    We paddle in the amazing Nature of Curonian lagoon

Hi everybody!
    I want to share with you my experiences of active Neringa!
    Luckily I visited Nida and stayed there for 2 nights. It was a superb enclosure for me.
    Especially I remember my canoeing day: I went canoeing with the organization which makes guided canoe tours through Nagliai Nature Reserve, where so call "Dead dunes" are located.
    So imagine, we were canoeing for about six hours in the Curonian lagoon, along these 50 m. high sand dunes seeing no man (walking is prohibited there, they explained). Real wild nature! The good thing that the tempo wasn't too fast and we got picnic as well! It was for sure the best!
    If you go there, don't miss cycling as well - they have a superb cycling path winding in the woods.. Highly recommend!

Equipment: Canoe/kayak I think would be enough:). But how to bring it from France?:)) But I think you can find these guys if you have no personal inventory.

• National/State Park
    • Kayaking

• Biking in Neringa

by Sonic747 Updated Oct 11, 2003
    Biking in Neringa

Neringa has single good quality road going through it and all towns, restaurants and major activities are nearby. Thus, it is perfectly fitted for bicycle travelling. It is cheaper to enter Neringa with bycicle than to do so with car, ferry costs are also cheaper. If you don't have your own bike, you can rent one. It is ideal vehicle to go through the municipality and travel from village to village if you don't want to use minibuses, since distances are quite short for cars (and also parking could be trouble in summer), while too long on foot (if you want to go from one town to another).

Equipment: You can go with your own bycicle or rent one - in Neringa, especially bigger towns like Nida or Juodkrantë, it shouldn't be hard.

• Eco-Tourism
    • Cycling

Instant Answers: Neringa

Comments

Neringa Sports & Outdoors

Reviews and photos of Neringa sports & outdoors posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Neringa sightseeing.