If you are planning to visit the Curonian Spit by car make sure you park in the designated areas.
One of my very first impressions of Nida was the sight of wheel-clamped cars that obviously were parked illegally on the street.
I thought that this car overdid the parking or something and had to pay a fine, so it got locked. But on second thoughts, it may be that the owner is afraid of car kidnapping and looked the car himself.
In 2005 I parked a rental car in the public car parking over night and it was still there the next morning, no problem!
The following activities are forbidden in Kursiu Nerija National park:
1. to put up tents;
2. to make fire in undesignated places;
3. to damage flora (trees, bushes, forest floor etc.);
4. to walk in the dunes and to climb the dunes in the reservation of the Parnidis landscape, reservations of Grobstas and Naglis;
5. to pollute the environment, to damage signs and other facilities;
6. to make noise, to disturb the birds during the nesting and migration periods and destroy their nests;
7. to drive off the roads, to park the cars in undesignated places;
8. to visit nature reservations without the permit of Park Administration except along the special routes (the foot-path in Nagliai reservation, arranged grounds in the 31st kilometer of the road from Smiltyne to Nida).
I was in Nida as well as Vilnius and through out Lithuania in September...now this is their mushroom season, and it was growing crazy and plentiful that every Tomas, Dickas, and Harrias were out picking mushroom....
But, if your not acquainted with this vegetabe be very careful...there are poisonous mushroom out there in the forest. While I was there a family picked and ate, the wife died, the husband and son were very ill in hospital.
If from out of town or country, go to Antakalnio street 59, Vilnius they will need your passport at the polyclinic.