Siauliai Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Siauliai

Cili Pica

by HORSCHECK Updated Sep 25, 2011

My pizza at Cili Pica

Cili Pica is a popular Lithuanian chain of pizza places. The first one was opened in Vilnius in 1997 and nowadays you find them in about 10 cities in Lithuania.

They offer meals for all times of the day and are specialised in - you won't believe it - pizzas, which come in various sizes and uncountable variations. The pizzas are not outstanding but always yummy enough to pop in one of their restaurants.

The Cili Pica restaurant in Siauliai has a nice wooden outdoor terrace which is facing the pedestrianised Vilniaus street. The interior is kept simple and designed for a youngish crowd.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo

Kapitonas Morganas: Try Lithuanian basturma :-)

by matcrazy1 Updated Apr 4, 2011

BASTURMA - MY RECOMMENDATION :-)

As soon as I noticed outdoor tables on a main Siauliai's street I decided to eat there. I had no idea who was captain Morgan but both casual and trendy dressed young and medium-aged people, families with kids and just local friends encouraged me to give Kapitonas Morganas a try.

Menu is in Lithuanian, English and German. Meals are relatively expensive as for Lithuania because they charge extra for side items (chips, salads etc.) and it all adds. The name encouraged us to order fish and frankly speaking it was a mistake. Anyway, it was great place to watch people with a drink and "basturma". Our waitress was very nice and we were served very fast.

Favorite Dish: We had:
    - traditional Lithuanian cold bortsch with potatoes (5.00 Lt): large portion of thick, red beetroot soup with sour cream added tasted very good;
    - pikeperch with stewed vegetables (15.00 Lt): it was not good, fish was too soft, vegetables (mainly cucumber) were boiled too long, I suppose;
    - salmon with champignons (18.00 Lt) + green salad and roasted potatoes: as above, sauce or rather watery liquid tasted bad as well, at least roasted potatoes were good;
    - delicious Svyturys beer (5.00 Lt) with appetizer "Basturma" (5.00 Lt; € 1.5; US$ 1.83; 7.00 Polish zl) - fantastic paper-thin slices of cold, spicy and aromatic meat. It's my recommendation. Basturma is typical for Caucasian cuisine. In Lithuania it's fresh beef (tenderloin) kept in salty water with herbs and then dried long weeks.
    - delicious fresh orange juice.

Conclusion: despite the name do not order fish in Kapitonas Morganas! Chicken maybe risky as well, I suppose. Take borstch, beer/juice and basturma!

• Beer Tasting

Cafe Presto

by HORSCHECK Updated Mar 28, 2007

Crepes at Cafe Presto

As our accomodation didn't offer any breakfast, we went to Cafe Presto to get our bellies filled in the morning.

Presto is a popular Lithuanian chain of cafes which can be found in other cities as well. The cafe in Siauliai is very small, but has a few tables outside on a little wooden terrace. The terrace is facing Vilniaus street and therefore also perfect for people watching.

They have a wide variety of teas, coffes and fresh juices available and are specialised in all sorts of crepes, cakes and salads. I ate crepes with fresh fruits and a vanilla sauce, which were very yummy. Their menu is in Lithuanian and English and prices are resonable.

by HORSCHECK Updated Mar 28, 2007

Kavine Arkos

After our arrival in Siauliai we were in need of some food. We decided to give Restaurant Arkos a try for a late lunch break.

It has a lovely outdoor terrace which is facing the pedestrianised shopping street. Inside consists of a vast vaulted cellar. Due to the sunny weather we decided to sit outside and do some people watching.

They serve all sorts of international meals and even have wine recommendations to most meals listed on the menu.

I opted for a a grilled turkey with rice and a pint of Lithuanian lager beer. The meal was very tasty but a bit small. The bill was reasonable: 16 Litas (5,30 Euro) for the turkey and 4,70 Litas (1,55 Euro) for the beer.

Café Presto: Coffee/tea and/or food

by yumyum Written Feb 10, 2007

I started eating and then took the pic - sorry!

This café belongs to a Lithuanian chain. We were lucky to get a table outside for our breakfast. Well, I actually ate crepes with ice cream which isn’t really a breakfast.

Favorite Dish: I had crepes filled with fruit and ice cream and a tea out of the wide range.

Restaurant Arkos: Lovely but not much on the plate

by yumyum Written Feb 10, 2007

restaurant Arkos

Because we were there in summer, we sat outside and not in the cellar. I only went to the cellar to use the toilet. I don't remember what the food cost. Other people just had desert and it definitely looked yummy.

We chose this restaurant not because of its international food but because it looked nice and we were able to get a table outside.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo

Kavos ir arbatos namai “Presto”: The best pancakes in Lithuania!

by matcrazy1 Updated Feb 10, 2007

CHOCOLATE PANCAKE (CREPE)

"Presto" is a popular Lithuanian chain of cafes. They offer tea, coffee along with a salad or cakes and Lithuanian pancakes which are like French crepes made from flour, milk, and eggs. They are usually served with a large amount of filling, widely ranging from fruit and/or ice cream, to seafood.

Presto in Siauliai with tables put outdoor on main pedestrian street is a great location for people watching. Menu is in Lithuanian and English. They offer crepes with different filling at fixed price: 3.00 (1), 5.00 (2) and 6.50 (3) Litas. I ordered double crepes for 5.00 Lt (€ 1.5; US$ 1.83; 7.00 Polish zl).

Favorite Dish: We had:
    - Socoladiniai - chocolade pancake: fruit of the season (it was kiwifruit), chocolate dressing, whipped cream;
    - Sveinieji lietuviski - Delicate Lithuanian pancake: mushrooms, leak, sweet cream, white sauce with flitch pieces;
    - cappuccino (4.00 Lt).

The crepes were probably the best I ever had! A must eat!

Cili picerija: Pizza and more

by yumyum Updated Apr 4, 2011

through the arch, a bit straight and left it is

Cili Pizza is a chain restaurant which you can find all over Lithuania. We sat outside here in Siauliai for dinner. I don't remember what I ate as I forgot to take a picture.

Instant Answers: Siauliai

Comments

Siauliai Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Siauliai restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Siauliai sightseeing.