Veisiejai Favorites

Best Rated Favorites in Veisiejai

Do you need some cash?

by matcrazy1 Updated Jul 21, 2004

ATM  CASH

Favorite thing: I bought lithuanian currency (Lt = litas) just when I crossed Polish border in Budzisko - Kalvarija where they accepted both Euro and Polish currency at acceptable course.

In Veisiejai I found no money exchange office and the only one ATM cash (run by Hansabankas - on my picture) put on the external wall of the Town Hall building at Santarves gatve (= street) 3. It accepted for sure cards of Visa, Eurocard and Mastercard system.

How to get there?
    Driving highway 134 from Lazdijai turn right opposite to parish church (on your left behind wall and trees), at the end of the street (maybe 50 m futher) turn right, the town hall on your left. Address: Santarves gatve (= street) 3, Veisiejai.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo

Forget about car thefts but...

by matcrazy1 Updated Jul 21, 2004

200M <---- POLICE

Favorite thing: I was warned many times not to travel to Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia by my car because of high risk of car thefts. Haha, I do NOT believe in it although I don't know any official police statistics. Maybe it could happen in the past... maybe in larger cities, maybe if I drive top class Mercedes car.

I drove quite new, small (but enough for two) Toyota Yaris (similar to American ECHO) which was equipped in some good (top secret :-) alarms and was insuranced against thefts. And... I didn't wash my car during my trip haha.

But, being warned many times, in Veisiejai I skipped empty parking lot located along main highway. Instead I parked my car among other local cars just by town hall.

Just in case... there was police (Policija) station in Veisiejai, follow the sign on my picture or call 02. Green-uniformed policemen were rather charmingly nicknamed "cucumbers" by locals :-). Hmm.. I didn't meet any cucumber there.

Tourist information

by matcrazy1 Written Jul 21, 2004

INFO  TABLE  ON  ST.  GEORGE'S  CHURCH

Favorite thing: The only tourist information I could find in Veisiejai was included on that information plaque on my picture which was fixed to a wall of St. George's church.
    There were plaques similar in style and shortage of information limited to Lithuanian language, fixed on a wall of most churches around Lithuania.

Some, but not complete, information is available via internet:
    History and Jewish community of Veisiejai
    Veisiejai Regional Park
    Alytus Region

Instant Answers: Veisiejai

Comments

Veisiejai Favorites

Reviews and photos of Veisiejai favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Veisiejai sightseeing.