Know about this? Rate It!
One of Lithuanian capital in the past - Kernave
There was a well-known Lithuanian capital in XIII century, but it's only a little city now. Anyway, it's important to know about past of Lithuania. There is a museum of history, old mounts, beautiful church and so on you must to see.
You can see my information about Kernave in separate page.
Kernave – used to be wooden...
Kernave – used to be wooden castle city on big , really big hills on the riverbank. Now there’re no castles but places are really amazing, who said there’re no mountains in Lithuania? Come and try them! J My favourite place.. breath taking sceneries you should come there on July 7th when archeologist , ethnologics, are making there archeological days, dressed in medieval way, doing medieval crafts, building medieval houses and making city! Or on St.John’s day, this day in Lithuania is celebrated all day and night, with bonfires it has many superstitions, many witchcraft, many traditions, long ago before this day was renamed to “st. John’s day”.
In Kernave a beautiful celebration is going on hills and in the valley, folk songs, dancing at the fires, going from the fire to the valley .. impossible to describe, come and see it! I’m sure you won’t forget it.
On the upper part of the town during this day there’s a “morden world” ,well, who those who prefer to eat and drink, shop and dance in other way.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
Vilnius Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Kos Island
- British Virgin Islands Hotels
- Turffontein Hotels
- Port Huron
- Pulau Sampadi Hotels
- Panama City Beach
- Calderitas Hotels
- Santa Barbara Off The Beaten Path
- Banff Off The Beaten Path
- Bikaner Off The Beaten Path
- Mersing Off The Beaten Path
- Germany Off The Beaten Path
- Alaska Off The Beaten Path
- Sevilla Off The Beaten Path
- Bacolod City Off The Beaten Path
- Townsville Off The Beaten Path
- Delhi Off The Beaten Path