Know about this? Rate It!
Stalin-era statues north of the city center
Across the river, check out the Stalin-era statues. Legend has it Lithuanians left the statues up as a way to poke fun of the old Soviet regime. The statue photo apparently pays tribute to industry and construction according to the guide, though maybe it's education. Anyway, you go, Stalin--show respect for the workers by giving them statues while making their lives miserable!
The Green Bridge
The Green Bridge crosses the Neris River at Kalvariu g. The name is pretty self-explanatory (it's bright green), and the bridge itself isn't spectacularly beautiful or anything, but it does feature some of the last Soviet monuments / sculpture left standing in Vilnius. Go be inspired by the courage and work ethic of the 'heroic' farmers, soldiers, teachers, etc.... ;-)
- Historical Travel
The Green Bridge
This is the only place in Vilnius to see old style Soviet era statues. The four represent agriculture, industry, peace & youth.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
Vilnius Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Cyprus Hotels
- Muar Hotels
- Bakirkoy Hotels
- Whitemarsh Island Hotels
- Pulau Perhentian Besar
- Ireland Off The Beaten Path
- North Carolina Off The Beaten Path
- Montreal Off The Beaten Path
- Portugal Off The Beaten Path
- Kansas City Off The Beaten Path
- Thailand Off The Beaten Path
- Istanbul Off The Beaten Path
- Dallas Off The Beaten Path
- South Carolina Off The Beaten Path
- Asheville Off The Beaten Path
- Pisa Off The Beaten Path
- Arkansas Off The Beaten Path