Know about this? Rate It!
Stalin-era statues north of the city center
Across the river, check out the Stalin-era statues. Legend has it Lithuanians left the statues up as a way to poke fun of the old Soviet regime. The statue photo apparently pays tribute to industry and construction according to the guide, though maybe it's education. Anyway, you go, Stalin--show respect for the workers by giving them statues while making their lives miserable!
The Green Bridge
The Green Bridge crosses the Neris River at Kalvariu g. The name is pretty self-explanatory (it's bright green), and the bridge itself isn't spectacularly beautiful or anything, but it does feature some of the last Soviet monuments / sculpture left standing in Vilnius. Go be inspired by the courage and work ethic of the 'heroic' farmers, soldiers, teachers, etc.... ;-)
- Historical Travel
The Green Bridge
This is the only place in Vilnius to see old style Soviet era statues. The four represent agriculture, industry, peace & youth.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
Vilnius Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Giv`at Olga Hotels
- Byron Bay Hotels
- State of Kerala Hotels
- Margaret River Hotels
- Kota Kinabalu
- Border Italy/Switzerland
- Rome Off The Beaten Path
- Destin Off The Beaten Path
- Hawaii (Big Island) Off The Beaten Path
- South Dakota Off The Beaten Path
- Portugal Off The Beaten Path
- Istanbul Off The Beaten Path
- Outside Berlin
- Kansas City Off The Beaten Path
- Cleveland Off The Beaten Path
- Virginia Beach Off The Beaten Path
- Pennsylvania Off The Beaten Path