Pubs and Bar-Food, Luxembourg

Interior
    Coffee and Apple Pie
    Exterior
    by gordonilla
  • Cafe de Paris, Luxembourg: Worst place ever - avoid at all costs!

by Paige123 Updated Oct 13, 2010

We were treated horribly by the staff at this café. We went there for breakfast - apparently one does not ask for croissants for breakfast at this place. And if you don't remember to order everything at the same time, the server will refuse to bring you anything else - because he already typed it in the machine. I kid you not, he refused to give us jam because we did not order it at the same time as the croissants. Probably because we was huffing and puffing about how difficult it would be for him to find croissants for us.

Don't go to this place, they have no respect for customers and are extremely rude!

• La Fontaine Place De Paris Luxembourg: Try the one next door

by Dinish Updated Oct 15, 2009

This is the tale of two restaurants virtually next door to each other.

I have been working in the Place De Paris area for a few days and dined in several restaurants. I dined in the Carpini the first night and had the Entrecote Grill (Steak) €18.90. The surroundings were nice and the staff were pleasent we ordered a beer and our food and spend a while chatting. We ordered additional beers and were told they were on the house - a nice touch.

Two nights later we went to the restaurant virually next door the La Fontaine. It had a warm and welcoming appeal. We looked at the menu and there were several nice pictures of the house special - you guessed it the steak, it was their star offering - Cote de Boeuf A L'os at €21.90 plus €1 for the mushroom sauce. It arrived and looked a nice large portion, when I commenced eating it was hard to find meat it was extreamly fatty - I returned it with frowned looks from the staff and opted for a pasta dish. To my amazement after my meal and was paying I had a vist from the chef disputing the quality of the fatty presentation and demanding I pay for the pasta and the returned meal with the treat of the Police...pressurised I paid up.

So there you have it...prompt service / good food / great staff (Capini) is the key to return business. No prizes for guessing were I am going to eat tomorrow. Thank you La Fontain for showing me the error of my ways.

• Cafe De Paris, Place D'Armes, Luxembourg: Cafe De Paris - Rude Wait staff

by travellerEU Updated Apr 9, 2007

If you're in Luxembourg City and are looking for a respectable, tourist friendly restaurant, please do not visit 'Cafe de Paris' in the 'Place D'armes.' There are so many good restaurants in this area, that you should simply not have to expect the following.

Having stopped at this cafe / restaurant for a mid afternoon coffee and light meal, my wife and I were met with a somewhat hostile waiter, who took our menus, silverware and abruptly refused to serve us simply becuase my wife ordered a desert without a main meal!

The waiter in a somewhat demeaning tone stated "This is a restaurant for eating!" - and abruptly turned his back and walked away!

Favorite Dish: Favorite Dish? I'm sure it's in one of the neighboring restaurants that I will be sure to visit on my future business trips.

• voyager37's Profile Photo

Mousel Bar and Grill: Stop and enjoy the food and scenery

by voyager37 Written May 1, 2006

After a two hour walk you start to emerge from Grunde and around the corner we found this very nice, well situated Grill/Pub. The food, service, and location were excellent. A very good way to finish off a long walk.

Favorite Dish: we had snitzel with french fries in a creamy, very rich brown gravy with mushrooms, and local unfiltered beer.

• morgenhund's Profile Photo

Caf?-Restaurant Cath?drale: Welcoming and filling

by morgenhund Written Dec 4, 2005

Cath?drale Bar - Luxembourg

The Cath?drale is described as a caf? restaurant, although it is also a bar in the evening with a happy hour between 5pm and 6pm, where beers are reduced. The bar has a high ceiling and is a popular haunt for a wide cross-section of people in Luxembourg, with good value food - see below.

Favorite Dish: I had their lunch special - EUR 10 for a salad to start and a main course, with the daily special being "2 salmon tagliatelle", with a small Diekirch and a coffee for the liquid entertainment - the whole lot came to EUR 15.

• Imbi's Profile Photo

Pizza Hut: Tested and Trusted

by Imbi Written Jun 2, 2004

There are variety of restaurants available in Luxembourg, you can have lots of Italian, French, Chinese, Mexican restaurant all over the city, but I end up going to tested and trusted Pizza Hut. Not bad choice, as it was raining and it was right in front of us in Place d? Armes.

• nighthawk's Profile Photo

Scotts' pub, am Grund, or in...

by nighthawk Updated Sep 12, 2002

Scotts' pub, am Grund, or in English, at the bottom. This is the place where I discovered my favourite drink: pink gin! Probably it was the gorgeous bartender that made it taste ever so good....but that guy! he was ever so loving!
    The pub is at the border of the river Petrusse and has a lovely terrace at the waterfront.
    It is a little pub but they have pretzels at the table and chesterfields to sit on!

• gordonilla's Profile Photo

Le Café de Paris: A dessert stopping point!

by gordonilla Written Feb 22, 2014
    Exterior

I had lunch in another location - but decided to explore a little. I selected this venue for my dessert and coffee. It was excellent, menu good and staff very diligent.

Favorite Dish: Apple Pie and Coffee