Bugibba Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Bugibba

Angelo's II: Pizza's and more

by pieter_jan_v Updated Jul 15, 2013

Angelo's II restaurant

The Angelo's II restaurant is located at the coastal road. From the open terrace you have a nice view on the Bay and the St. Paul's Island. The restaurant offers live entertainment.

Favorite Dish: For me it was pizza.

• Beer Tasting

• mickeyboy07's Profile Photo

Bayside Bar and Grill: Great views

by mickeyboy07 Written Mar 19, 2013

This is far the best bar and grill/café/dinner on Bugibba's waterfront mainly for its great views,with a view of Qawra to one side and Saint Pauls Bay to the other.We came here a few times for coffee in the mid-morning and enjoyed soaking up the sun on the large terrace and listening to waves crash lap against the rocks.The service is pretty good as well and there is also a small in side area if the weather turns.Didnt really look at the food menu but they seem to be quite busy every day so must be ok.Prices for drinks was quite cheap at less than €3 for two Latte Coffee's.

Favorite Dish: We only ever had coffee

• Forbidden City: Disgusting

by gnoel Updated Jan 1, 2013

Went on New Year's day for take out. I was the last customer and interrupted staff eating their dinner.

What they serve you is NOTHING like what the staff serve themselves!

Chicken & mushroom soup - in brown gravy.
    Steam dumplings - lukewarm - you can put your finger in it
    BBQ Ribs - in brown slop
    Fried rice - plain rice with mix veg

I actually went back and got my money back for the soup as I thought that this was the mushroom side dish (due to the brown gravy), which I never received.

I live in Bugibba and this is the WORSE Chinese that I have (ever) eaten! I will never eat here again and will warn everyone away.

Favorite Dish: None

• Balam's Profile Photo

The Great Wall: Nice Chinese

by Balam Written Jul 23, 2011

The Great Wall

We decided that Chinese was for dinner tonight and so we headed to The Great Wall, a restaurant we had passed earlier in the day that looked nice. The exterior is red with Chinese pillars and lanterns while the interior bright with a lot of those great Chinese decorations like lanterns, pictures and some water filled tubes in the shape of bamboo dracenas (lucky bamboo) growing out of them as well as various fish tanks.
    We ordered soup to start deciding not to go for the set menu at 14 euro each but to order what we wanted, I had Beef Curry soup which was lovely, Evan had Hot and Sour soup. We then had Beef Kung Po and Sweet and Sour chicken with boiled rice and steamed Chinese bread. The Kung Po was a little to Spicy for Evan but i really liked it (you can opt to have it normal or spicy and i had chose spicy) with a couple of Tsing Tao beers. It was a nice meal and came to 34 euro

• Singles

• Balam's Profile Photo

Incognito: Lovely Steak!

by Balam Written Jul 22, 2011

Incognito

We had a couple of choices for dinner and we opted for Incognito after reading some good reviews on it, It was opened in 1974 and now takes up quite a bit of space as it has a bar area with live music as well as cafe and the alacarte restaurant further up. Seating was out in the street, we had not booked but we got a table without a problem. The menu is nice and I had been fancying a Prawn Cocktail and a steak all day so that is what I chose, the reviews we had read said their steaks were great and indeed it was but then it should be for £18.50 for a Ribeye, (without sauce) I had Prawns with avocado to start and it was lovely, When we gave our order we were asked if you wanted Chips or potatoes and if you wanted veg, we both opted for chips and veg.
    Evan had a prawn salad to start followed by Shrimps and Octopus, it looked lovely (and it tasted lovely as well) with plenty of Octopus and 3 really large shrimps. My steak was lovely, cooked just right and was really tender, it came with a tomato and half a lemon the chips and veg coming separately in 2 bowls. I really enjoyed the steak although the veg was not up to much.
    A couple of nice touches were the way they came around with fresh bread (and later with profiteroles) .
    I was a bit disappointed when the bill arrived though as i noticed we had been charged extra for the chips and veg, only 1.50 each but i would have thought that when you’re paying 18.50 for a steak with a tomato and half a lemon that chips and veg would have been included.

It was however a really nice meal and i would certainly recommend the food, it is just a little too pricey if you’re on a budget.

• Wine Tasting
    • Beer Tasting

• eljusto's Profile Photo

Little Wok Restaurant: Walk away from Little Wok

by eljusto Updated May 16, 2011

If you are looking for midiocre, run of the mill Chinese food, I would highly recommend going to Little Wok Restaurant. We ate their buffet, which was average, at best. Small selection of items in a steam table, and what was there was just OK. However, the price was higher than other places we had been in Bugibba. All in all, this was one of the great disapointments of our whole trip.

Favorite Dish: My favorite dish was the Bottled Water.

• eljusto's Profile Photo

Shanghai: Best Chinese Food

by eljusto Written May 15, 2011

This restaurant was the best food we had on our entire Malta trip. In fact, it is perhaps the best Chinese food I have ever had. Not what I was expecting to find in Malta.

Shanghai is one of several Chinese restaurants in the same area of Bugibba. For dinner on the weekends (Friday - Sunday) they serve what they term an "At the Table Buffet", which is basically an all you can eat menu, but it is made to order, instead of sitting out in steam trays. They have a very extensive menu of starters and main dishes, and all where amazing. For under 40 euro, we fed five people (3 adults and 2 kids), and everybody agreed it was excellent. And I am not talking good for the price, or good for a buffet, but I am talinkg about an excellent meal that I would have been happy had I paid twice the price.

The next evening we went to another of the chinese buffets just down the block from Shanghai, and were very disapointed. There, we got mediocre food for a much higher price. Save yourself from these others, and just go to Shanghai. We loved it.

Favorite Dish: Too hard to pick one, but we especially loved the Lemon Chicken, Sweet and Sour Chicken, Sweet and Sour Pork, and Hot and Sour Soup.

• DSwede's Profile Photo

Plumtree: Local cuisine and burgers too

by DSwede Updated May 6, 2011
    Bragioli at the Plumtree

The restaurant has both some outdoor tables and indoor tables, maybe about half a dozen of each. The bar is just off to the side, with its own sitting area and tables.

The atmosphere is very casual and relaxed, with soft lighting and simple decorations. The focus here is the food.

Opening Times:
    11.00 - 24.00 November to June Tue - Sun
    17.00 - 24.00 July to October Mon - Sun
    Closed over the Christmas & New year & Good Friday

Favorite Dish: During lunches, they serve lighter meals, like sandwiches and burgers.

Dinner service includes just about everything, but the local dishes are both reasonably prices and quite tasty. The stewed rabbit, chicken Cordon Bleu and bragioli were particularly good.

• Evenith666's Profile Photo

Il-Garra Trattoria: A Beautiful Restaurant

by Evenith666 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Located in the White Dolphin Apartments, located on Dawret Il-Qwara (see Hotels and Accommodation tips), the Il-Garra Trattoria is an Italian restaurant specialising in, naturally, pasta and pizza, although many other dishes are available. Part of the restaurant is indoors, but there is seating outside, however this may be noisy early on as it is right near the sunbathing area and pool of the hotel, and also the balconies of the rooms overlook this area, however it is usually quiet. There was some trouble on the first night with a group of people playing a game on their balcony and making a lot of banging noise, but they were told and they apologised and went inside straight away.

The service was first class, the waiter was extremely friendly and the service was fast (maybe a bit too fast). All the pastas are available as either a starter or main course, and they also do take-away.

We came here to eat on three occasions. The first was for a standard meal, the second was a Maltese Night and the third was a barbeque on our last night, and all three were thouroughly enjoyable.

Favorite Dish: We both had Bruschetta to start, a pasta dish for main course and the ‘Maltese Trifle’ for desert. The Bruschetta was two pieces of toasted ciabatta with tomato, oregano and cheese, and was delicious. I had Penne Matricciana which was also lovely. The sauce was tomato, herbs, chilli and pancetta. My dad had Penne with Seafood and Feta Cheese, advertised as the ‘Chef’s Favourites’ and he really enjoyed it. The trifle was three, brightly coloured layers, and was also delicious.

The Maltese Night was €13 each and was a set menu. All three courses were several small portions of Maltese food. The starter was a platter of sun dried tomatoes, Maltese sausage, local crackers, olives, a tomato relish and an olive paste. Everything was very delicious, and the main course certainly didn’t disappoint. There were several different types of meat, including chicken and pork, but also local Rabbit, the Maltese national dish. The desert was three different things. There was a small portion of the Maltese Trifle we had had on our first visit, a Maltese fruit cake and two other traditional deserts which I don’t quite know how to describe, but I remember them being delicious.

The BBQ was a wide selection of meats, including beef, pork, chicken, sausage and fish. There was also a selection of salad and sauces. All the meat was cooked perfectly on the barbeque by the chef, and the salad and sauces were all delicious. There was tomato sauce, chilli sauce, BBQ sauce, sweet and sour sauce and a garlic olive oil.

• Wine Tasting

• Mal'ET Bugibba: The best of Maltese food

by brightsparky Written Oct 30, 2010

Having read the previous review of this restaurant we decided to give it a go. We were welcomed very warmly by the owner who from beginning to end gave us first class service. We started our dinner with a Caesar salad, very tasty with lots of freshly cooked bacon and croutons. We then had the Coq a Vin which was absolutely delicious which unfortunately I could not finish due to the generous helping given. We enjoyed our evening so much we returned a couple of nights later and I had the same meal again and it was as good. Later we chatted to the owner and his lovely wife and were introduced to his family who were making the most of the warm evening outside. This really was the best restaurant we visited in Bugibba and on our return to Malta next year will without doubt call on again (hope they keep the Coq a Vin on the menu). Give it a try, you will not be disappointed.

• Da Nicole: Avoid, Avoid, Avoid

by jacko999 Written Aug 18, 2010

Da Nicole occupies a prominent corner of Bigibba main square, and you will receive a warm welcome from the head waiter. Unfortunately, that just about sums it up for the plus points. We were sat at a table on the square, and left with menu's. We were not invited to order drinks at all. After around 10 minutes, a waiter finally came to take our order, and we were able to ask for drinks. We only ordered 2 starters, the garlic mushrooms were well prepared. As a non-cheese eater, I had welcomed the Spaghetti Carbonara on the menu made without cheese, and ordered it. It was especially frustrating therefore that it arrived covered in parmesan! It was however replaced very quickly however and again was quite acceptable.
    There was again a long delay before our main courses arrived. When ordering a rack of barbeque ribs for my 11 year old daughter (who is no longer happy with the chicken nuggets and little else available from the childrens menu) we requested a 'reduced portion' for her. We were advised that they 'can't do that'. When her dish arrived, it was especially annoying to see there was one rather large rack - that would have been adequate for her, with another - equally large, sitting on top of it! It was not that they 'couldn't' offer childs portions, just that they wouldn't - something that every other restaurant in Buggiba that we sampled, was happy to do! My own and my son's dishes - a fresh fish, was listed on the menu as being accompanied either by chips and salad, or by potatoes and vegetables. I requested the latter, and received salad and vegetables - my son received nothing at all. Both dishes were cooked adequately but were liberally covered with a fried garlic and pepper mixture - a fact once again omitted from the menu. My wife's pizza - supposedly piquant, was distinctly sweet, and a second round of drinks ordered on arrival of the main courses just never arrived.
    In short, the food was nothing special but mainly not bad, but the service was shocking!
    I felt strongly enough that - for the first time in my life, I complained! The waitress felt I should speak to the manager, who duly arrived and listened to my list of problems, with the occasional argument. He then just walked away without a word. We sat waiting for him to return, for approaching 20 minutes without any sign. We finally asked for the bill, and were gruffly informed that the wine (the 7 Euro house red) was free!
    That was it - no apology, no explanations - just the free wine! We were still charged full price for two fish without accompanyment, a sweet flavoured pizza, an unwanted super-sized rack of ribs and abysmal service.
    This was the only time we received anything other than excellent service in Malta, and I would urge everyone to give this place a miss and to enjoy Maltese hospitality without exception as a result.

• Mal 'Et: Traditional Maltese Food

by Ameretto Updated Jul 28, 2010

After reading a review on VT, we decided to give this Restaraunt a go. Initially we almost turned around and didn't go in, as there was noone else eating there. Please don't make that mistake as it really is worth giving it a go.

A quiet, clean restaraunt, playing some Maltese 'Muzak', the waiter also doubles as your chef, so any questions about the food or requests just let him know.

The food is simple, nutritous, and tasty. We started off with a complimentary leek and potatoe soup, followed by toasted bruscheta with cheese and tomato, and a Maltese Salad. The Maltese salad had a bit of a strange combination, indluding pickled egg, cheese, capers, tomatoes, and loads of olives. Was gorgeous though and I have to admit the pickled flavour contrasted perfectly with the cheese. For mains, we had a Ham Pizza (Fonatella), swordfish (with a lovely tomato and caper sauce), Salmon (two large fillets) and I had the rabbit in a tomato and garlic sauce. This has to be the best meal I have had on Malta. Total with drinks 63 Euros.

Only one other couple arrived when we were there, only reason I can think of it being quiet is it is just off of the main beachfront. Please don't let this put you off, it is worth going.

Favorite Dish: Has to be the rabbit in a tomato sauce. Served with a side of roast potatoes, carrots, and grilled corgette, the whole meal was delicous. Oh and I almost forgot the complimentary Maltese bread to mop up the last of the juices.

• Beaches

• Bar: La Pasion

by Jimadams Updated Feb 7, 2010

On First look everything seemed fine, the owner was friendly and warm, we ordered 4 main courses, again everything fine until food arrived, all completely inedible, not putting too fine a point on it disgusting. We complained, nicely, the owners' (Louis) warm personality changed to a snarling nasty vulgar rant. We were very shaken by the experince. Please steer clear of this place if you value you health and you donen't want to have a mad man shouting obscenities at you. Plenty of other nice places in bugibbla. But certainly not this one. Was staying at The Topaz and had a lot of people staying the same thing about this place, so couldn’t have just been us.

Favorite Dish: NONE

• Seniors

The #9 Ball Cafe: Food, drinks, games, telephone, Internet & Cooling

by pieter_jan_v Updated Oct 10, 2009

#9 ball lunch

If you have to escape the heat, this is an ideal place to visit. Great pies and lunch goodies with cool drinks or all kinds of coffee.

The whole place is air-conditioned well and besides the cafe, there is a big games (pool tables & darts) room.

Also you can use the Internet section (20+ terminals) and international phones.

Favorite Dish: Ham and cheese sandwich.

Strawberry milkshake.

• School Holidays

Mr. Kebab: A busy corner at Tourist street

by pieter_jan_v Updated Oct 10, 2009

Mr. Kebab

Mr. Kebab is a small joint at a busy corner of Tourist Street one block from the Bus Terminal. It's opposite a busy day tour booking office and it's a coming and going of public transport vans.

Favorite Dish: All dish comes with rice and beans, a lot of nuticion at low price. Value for money!

• School Holidays

Instant Answers: Bugibba

Comments

Bugibba Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Bugibba restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bugibba sightseeing.