Dingli Transportation

The Mediterranean Sea view from Dingli
    by Diana75
    Busses
    by B_Caro
    A bus? No a typical Lorry!
    by Bigs

Most Recent Transportation in Dingli

• Diana75's Profile Photo

Dingli by boat

by Diana75 Updated Sep 14, 2006

Dingli and Filfla Island

This is probably one of the best options to admire the stunning view of the cliffs, the Filfla Island and the southern part of Malta.

I saw many boats passing while I was admiring the magnificent view of the cliffs, but due to the lack of time, we were not able to enjoy such a trip.

• Beaches
    • Adventure Travel
    • Eco-Tourism

• Diana75's Profile Photo

Arriving to Dingli

by Diana75 Updated Sep 14, 2006

Dingli cliffs

As we stayed in Qwara (in the northern part of Malta), Dingli was practically located on the other side of the island from our location.

The only recommended possibility to reach Dingli by public transportation was to go to Valletta and then from the Bus Terminal take the bus to Dingli.

There is no direct bus from the northern part of the island to Dingli.

Other possibility was to go to Rabat and from there see is there is a mean of transportation to Dingli.

It seemed quite complicated and, even more important, we needed a lot of time as it takes around 50min to go to Valletta and other 40-45min from Valletta to Dingli.

I actually gave up initial my plans to go to Dingli one morning, but our organizers made us a surprise after the visit to Rabat and stopped for a while to see the cliffs.

• Eco-Tourism
    • Mountain Climbing
    • Beaches

• B_Caro's Profile Photo

Yellow-Orange coloured busses all over Malta

by B_Caro Updated Mar 27, 2005

Busses

In Valletta we took bus nr 81 to Dingli. The bus stops also at Buskett Garden.
    From there we started our walk to Dingli Cliffs.
    From the bus stop you have also a beautiful view on Verdala Palace

Each 30 minutes there is a bus (when you start from Valletta)

• Hiking and Walking

• Bigs's Profile Photo

By bus or by car

by Bigs Written Aug 19, 2004

A bus? No a typical Lorry!

It' s much easier to get to Dingli with a rented car, but you can also reach this off the beaten path place with the bus Nr. 81.

This bus starts in Valletta, but you can also catch it in Mosta, if you are coming from the north. That's what I did. The bus starts right next to the big church of Mosta.

I accidently stept out one after Buskett Gardens Stop, which was near to the Clapham Junctions. I thought it would be Dingli already....

Maybe you can also hitch-hike here on the countryside and have a ride in one of these great lorries!

Instant Answers: Dingli

Comments

Dingli Transportation

Reviews and photos of Dingli transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Dingli sightseeing.