Ghajn Tuffieha Things to Do

Most Recent Things to Do in Ghajn Tuffieha

• Environmental Visitor Centre

by novecento Written Nov 15, 2006
    Entrance to the centre

When I was at Golden Bay and Ghajn Tuffieha Bay during my last holiday, I did a great walk along the coast from one bay to the other. Just in between them I discovered a (quite hidden) visitor centre of the local organisation Gaia Foundation. It is just next to Apples Eye restaurant and if you dont look for it, you wont see it, as it is very hidden behind lots of trees. Infact they have a tree nursery inside. They told me they are specialised in Maltese plants and are also doing tree planting. I adopted a tree for my mother, which will be planted in Malta. I thought that's a cool souvenir to bring from Malta.
    They also have a very little shop there selling organic products and vegetables. So if you are coming to Malta and you are disappointed about the general lack of enviromental awareness visit this initiative and see what some Maltese people do for their environment.

• School Holidays
    • Eco-Tourism
    • Museum Visits

• STEFZAMM's Profile Photo

GOLDEN BAY

by STEFZAMM Updated May 3, 2006

This is the largest bay in Ghajn Tuffieha. It is a sandy beach surrounded by a number of take away food shops, offering from food and drinks to rental of beach equipment such as sunbeds and umbrellas. In this beach one can find all sort of water sports. It is usually very crowded, also at night with numerous bar b ques that light up the beach. It is also more accessible than Riviera beach.

• Beaches
    • Water Sports
    • Sky Diving

• STEFZAMM's Profile Photo

RIVIERA BEACH

by STEFZAMM Updated May 3, 2006

Riviera Beach is beautiful and probably my most favourite beach. It is rather a small sandy beach, but the scenery once you are going down the stairs that take you down to this beach is beautiful.. It is also generally very quiet and usually visited by foreigners and young people.

• Beaches

• Bigs's Profile Photo

Golden Bay

by Bigs Written Aug 8, 2004

Close up on Golden Bay

I stayed a the golden beach for a day and really liked it there. I especially loved to make Steve jealous, by sending him messages about huge fruit salads with ice cream on top :)

The water ist still not too warm in August, so that it's refreshing to jump in every now and than. The water also is very clear and clean, the ground is sandy, there are hardly any stones lying around, which is the picture of a perfect beach for me.

We rented two chairs and one umbrella which costs us 4 Lm. I think it's very nice to have a deck chair cause it keeps the sand away from your sun cream....

An umbrella is a must, as the August sun will burn you in minutes otherwise....

• Bigs's Profile Photo

Ghajn Tuffieha Beach

by Bigs Updated Aug 8, 2004

Ghajn Tuffieha Bay

There is another beach right next to Golden Bay, which is called Ghajn Tuffieha. I think in summer it's as crowded as Golden Bay, as it's described in so many travel guides as the much quieter and less crowded beach of the area. Have a look yourself, it doesn't look really empty to me.

Ok, I have to admit that it was in August when I have been there, which means very high season :)

If you want to go to this beach it's the second last bus stop. If you miss this it's not far to go from Golden Bay, around five minutes maybe.

Ghajn Tuffieha

by steventilly Written Jul 14, 2004

Ghajn Tuffieha, Malta

Ghajn Tuffieha is the next bay along from Golden Bay. Described as being "nicer" in our guide book, we found we had to disagree. The shore had more debris on it - I guess it's not cleaned so often being less commercialised. Actually, this lack of commercialisation might be something you like or dislike - personally I thought the place could have benefitted from a snack bar or two, and some toilets.
    Just over the next headland (in the middle distance) is an amazing rock Lido with crystal clear waters in a deep, deep blue pool. You'll have to take my word for the moment as my camera batteries had run out.

Hilltop Fort

by steventilly Written Jul 14, 2004

Fort, Golden Bay, Malta

On the headland between Golden Bay and Ghajn Tuffieha Bay is a fort. It dates from the time of the Knights and on the headland at the other side of Golden Bay is a "matching" fort built by the British during WWII to guard the bay.. The views from this promentory are fantastic, though this is another of those occasions where my batteries let me down and the spares were back at base (on the beach at Golden Bay, 1/2 hour's very hot walk away).

Golden Sands

by steventilly Updated Jul 14, 2004

Golden Bay, Malta

The sand here is beautiful, it must be amongst the best (if not THE best) on Malta. The beach is big too, wide and deep though naturally the sunbathers tend to crowd towards the waters edge. We were happy to take a position a bit further back where it was less crowded. Chairs and umbrellas are for hire, though they're not compulsary and you can just lie on a towel for free if you like.
    On the headland is an old fort and beyond that is Ghajn Tuffieha bay.

Instant Answers: Ghajn Tuffieha

Comments

Ghajn Tuffieha Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Ghajn Tuffieha things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ghajn Tuffieha sightseeing.

View all Ghajn Tuffieha hotels