Places to eat in Malta

Most Viewed Restaurants in Malta

• Dick33's Profile Photo

K F C: It aint fried chicken!

by Dick33 Updated Jun 12, 2006

We got to St julians at night I went out to look for food I found K F C just along the road from LaVallette so I went in they explained it was closing time and didn't have much left so I got a burger for Ian and chicken bits for me only not all of my chicken was chicken some of it was red meat with thin brittle bones and it had been skinned probably because it had fur and not feathers.
    After this I have called it Unlucky Fried Kitten.
    It was tasty though.

Favorite Dish: I don't know what it was, they call it chicken but they lie.

Unlucky Fried Kitten
    • Beer Tasting
    • Wine Tasting

• nhcram's Profile Photo

Paparazzi Restaurant: Ideal location -good food too!

by nhcram Updated Aug 7, 2007

From fish to pasta and spare ribs too! This restaurant is in a wonderful location in the popular resort of St Julains.
    We cam here twice and enjoyed it both times. There is an amazing atmosphere and the service is excellent even though it is very busy. I suggest you book a table in advance!
    There is one downside though. The place is HUGE with an outdoor terrace too BUT there are only two ladies toilets.
    Tip: Go before you actually need to!

Favorite Dish: I had the spare ribs as shown and ate them all! Never had a room for dessert but I did have some of the lovely wine that was on offer.
    Chris had the steak and that was equally as good.

I ate it all! OVerlooking the restaurant terrace.

Delphi Brasserie: Don't miss the Special Nights

by dowdow Updated May 1, 2005

The restaurant offers all sorts of food - cold and warm entrees, soups, pasta, meat and poultry, grills, fish and of course desserts, but the special thing about this restaurant, besides having entertainment all the time, is that ......
    Mondays and Tuesdays there is a 50% discount on the restaurant food (2 courses min. pp).
    Fridays it's the SHOW NIGHT, which starts at 9.45pm.
    Saturdays and Sundays there is a buffet lunch from 12.00pm to 2.30pm for ONLY Lm2.50.
    PLUS...... Special Days are organised each month, on Wednesdays, really worth it, a buffet for only Lm2.00, from 8.30pm. On Wed 4th May there will be a SIXTIES NIGHT, on Wed 18th May a CHIVAS NIGHT, 8th June MALIBU NIGHT and 29th June CARIBBEAN NIGHT.

Since this restaurant is in the Oracle Casino, you have to be over 18 years of age and produce proof of ID on your visit, but you are never expected to play at the casino. You can just go for the restaurant.

• Casino and Gambling

• dowdow's Profile Photo

The Mongolian Barbeque: Eat as much as you like!

by dowdow Updated Mar 4, 2005

I really love going here... What you do is you choose from a combination of meat, poultry or seafood, add your favourite vegetables, your preferred sauces and spices, decide if you want rice, noodles or couscous and leave for the chef to cook for you. You can follow their recipes or try your own and you can repeat as often as you like. They also have reduced prices during the day. There are two Mongolian Restaurants here in Malta. One is in Paceville and the other is in Islet Promenade, Bugibba.

Mongolian BBQ

• mazzap's Profile Photo

Fluid: Great Burgers and Pastas!

by mazzap Written Sep 25, 2004

Fluid is a diner type café situated within the Bay Street shopping complex opposite the Hotel Inter-Continental in St Julians.

It is trendy and functional with video screens and loud music.

The staff were NOT particularly friendly or helpful - quite the opposite in fact, but not bad enough that we didn't go back! The food was its redeeming feature that made us return! Great selection of lovely burgers and pasta dishes. The array of deserts was truly amazing too- but beware, the main courses are huge, so unfortunately we never got to try any!

Favorite Dish: Can't remeber the name, but it was the burger with everything on it! Excellent!

Fluid Diner

• nhcram's Profile Photo

Piccolo Padre: Great location. Ideal for a meeting!

by nhcram Updated Aug 7, 2007

We came here to meet another VT member Anne (Xemx) and were not disappointed. The portions are big (I only had a starter and a dessert and was full. We were lucky enough to get a table on the terrace in the corner so were able to admire the view across the bay. I imagine you would have to get here early to get a table outside.
    The service was good efficient and friendly. Every time we walked past it was always very busy.

Favorite Dish: I had the seafood pasta which was scrummy and Chris had the pizza which was also good.

Piccolo Padre is the restaurant at the bottom.

• dowdow's Profile Photo

The Boat House: For a really Romantic Evening!

by dowdow Updated Mar 4, 2005

This marvellous restaurant is situated in a beautiful 19th century boathouse once belonging to the Noble Scicluna family and it's an excellent place for a really romantic evening. The food is great and you will surely be delighted with the ambience and the surroundings of this restaurant.... Nearly forgot, it doesn't open in Winter and I strongly recommend reservations!

Boat House

• nhcram's Profile Photo

Wiji's: Menu changed daily.

by nhcram Updated Aug 9, 2007

Wiji’s Kitchen is a friendly and very trendy restaurant in the popular resort of St Julians. The menu is changed daily according to the fish and meat on offer. The chef is passionate about his food and it is always very well presented.

Favorite Dish: We came here twice. The first time I had red mullet. Cooked to perfection. The second time we went with another couple and we all ordered fillet steak. All were done as we asked for them. The wine list is also very good. Try and get a window seat as the views over the bay and the Balutta buildings are magnificent.

Steak as I like it Carpaccio mmm Re Mullet

Two And A Half Lemon: A Touch of Class at Vittoriosa Marina

by mazzap Updated Jan 19, 2007

It is difficult to categorise this restaurant because it is refreshingly different to the norm; I would say the emphasis is on healthy, quality Mediterranean cuisine in very smart contemporary surroundings. The actual building dates back to the 16th century and was once the Treasury of the Knights of St John.

I spent a very enjoyable evening here in December 2006 with VT member Xemx and our partners. It was fairly new then I believe but already seemed to be drawing a crowd.

Whilst there, I picked up one of their promotional Christmas Menu leaflets which, like the usual menu, had some amazing and imaginative choices on it - I only wish I could have stayed longer to sample some more of their innovative cuisine!

The service was excellent all evening. The friendly young manager was very keen to hear our views on our dining experience and chatted excitedly to us at our table about his new venture. He also explained the story behind the restaurant's name, which he was keen to emphasise does NOT have an 's' on lemon!! I won't try and repeat it - you will have to ask him yourself - I hope you undertand it! :-))

The overall cost was very reasonable. I would highly recommend this restaurant if you are looking for a special place to spend an evening as a couple or even for a large group.

Favorite Dish: To start we ordered 2 platters of mixed hors d'ouvres, 1 Italian, 1 Maltese, to share between the 4 of us. Both were superb (see my pic).

For our main course we all decided to try the food cooked on a 'Black Rock Grill' which according to the restaurant is...."a unique, delicious, healthy interactive dining experience that allows your meal to be presented cooking on our volcanic rocks at your table". We all agreed the food was delicious, as was promised!

Two and a Half Lemon stylish interior 'Black Rock Grill' Two and a Half Lemon exterior Italian mixed platter starter for 2! Maltese mixed platter starter for 2!
    • Luxury Travel

• nhcram's Profile Photo

Da Pippo: A capital treat!

by nhcram Updated Oct 30, 2007

This small restaurant is in Malta’s’ capital is tucked away down a side street of the main Republic street and was recommended by VT member Anne (Xemx)
    Reservations are essential unless you want a long wait or risk being turned away.
    When we arrived, no menu came but instead one of the guys told us what was available and more importantly what he recommended. A lovely plate of complimentary starters and a well-chosen house wine came and we sat and took in the fabulous ambience of this small below ground level eating establishment. There was a mix of people from a few tourists to the business people in their suits and some ladies who were lunching!

Favorite Dish: We only had a main course and a desert (apart form the free starter) which was plenty.
    I had the linguine with clams, garlic, olive oil and parsley. There was so much of it! Chris had the lamb steaks, which was cooked to perfection. The deserts were a beautiful home made cheesecake with an almond paste topping and a lovely creamy crème brulee.

Appetizers for free. Inside walls Pasta with clams Dessert

All Good Restaurants: Local Fish Dishes

by mazzap Written Nov 3, 2004

Malta is a great place to try seafood - fishing is a main source of income for a lot of Maltese people, and the catch of the day can always be found in local restaurants. The picture shows a typical Maltese seafood meal that we tried in a restaurant in St Julians. A good accompanying wine in Malta can be very inexpensive too - a real bonus!!

Favorite Dish: Lampouki is a fish that you will see on most menus - but it is seasonal! Stuffed squid is another speciality - as seen in the picture. From what I can recall, it contained olives, rice, pork, and thyme amongst other ingredients.

With a good red wine...

• Xemx's Profile Photo

Ta' Kris Restaurant & Maltese Bistro: Traditional Maltese Food

by Xemx Updated Dec 19, 2004

This is a lovely semi-formal restaurant situated in a tiny alley in Sliema. You can't just walk straight into this restaurant...you have to bang on the door to get attention! Once this task is accomplished, you are then greeted with friendly staff and it's worth the extra couple of minutes waiting at the door :-) The ambience and surroundings are nice and relaxing. The floors are covered with colourful old Maltese tiles and there is an antique oven...the restaurant is also known as il-Kcina (The Kitchen) to the Maltese. It was very busy when we visited, although it was a Thursday evening, so it's a good idea to make a reservation.

Favorite Dish: Both my friend and I ordered the same dishes. We had a seafood salad which was lovely and fresh. It had an assortment of seafood such as mussels, octopus, prawns, etc. For the main meal we chose fresh sea-bass with roast potatoes and vegetables. The fish was great, but I didn't like the potatoes and veg...I thought they were over-cooked. As we were both over-stuffed (you get a lot on your plate), we skipped dessert and had a nice cup of Espresso Lungo.

Some sample menus are available at the website link below.

The meal for two (without dessert) and a bottle of nice red Maltese wine cost us LM21.00.

Ta' Kris Restaurant

• mazzap's Profile Photo

Bloomers: A Great Atmosphere!

by mazzap Updated Sep 27, 2004

Bloomers is a busy and lively restaurant in the centre of St Julians. A range of salads, pizzas, and pastas amongst other dishes, but not really traditional Maltese. The food is very fresh and well presented, with large portions. Friendly and attentive staff. May be advisable to book at busy times - we saw several disappointed people turned away.

Favorite Dish: Everything we had was very good. Especially the prawn salad - plenty of tasty prawns and crisp fresh salad.

Bloomers Restaurant

Girasole: Romantic Restaurant with a Lovely View

by mazzap Written Sep 25, 2004

Girasole is one of a few of St Julians waterfront restaurants with a prime view over the harbour. All the seating is upstairs which is even better. Colourful romantic décor with an emphasis on sunflowers!

Friendly, efficient staff and very good food. A varied menu including lots of traditional Maltese.

Favorite Dish: Stuffed local squid was excellent - as was the catch of the day.

Girasole Restaurant

Eastern Breeze: A Fusion of Eastern and Asian Cuisine

by mazzap Updated Mar 17, 2005

Eastern Breeze is situated within the Hotel Inter-Continental in St Julians.

It was certainly very different from most other dining we experienced in Malta. Very attentive staff - a bit overbearing at times - but the food was very good.

A mixture of Asian and Far Eastern. Not ideal if you are in a hurry - too expensive to not enjoy at leisure!

Favorite Dish: We chose the selection designed for sharing as a starter - lots of small and tasty sample sized portions. The menu had various noodle and rice dishes to follow.

Eastern Breeze Restaurant

Malta Hotels

• Park Lane Aparthotel

Park Lane Aparthotel is a nice place to stay in the north side of the island. The neighborhood is...

• San Andrea Hotel Gozo

Xlendi Promenade, Xlendi, Island of Gozo, Malta

Satisfaction: Excellent

Good for: Families

• The Xara Palace

I did not stay in this hotel, but I passed by it, when walking through the old town of Mdina. b.t.w....

Top Malta Hotels

71 Reviews - 220 Photos
Marsalforn Hotels
7 Reviews - 23 Photos

Instant Answers: Malta

Comments

Malta Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Malta restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Malta sightseeing.
Map of Malta