Saint Julian's Restaurants

Food, Dick's Bar, St. Julians, Malta.
    by planxty
    Margo's Pizzeria, St. Julian, Malta.
    by planxty
    Margo's Pizzeria, St. Julian, Malta.

Most Recent Restaurants in Saint Julian's

• yumyum's Profile Photo

Scotsman Pub

by yumyum Written Nov 14, 2010

xemx, yumyum, EuroBarney, HORSCHECK

We came here for the Sunday roast VT meeting as suggested by VTer xemx and her partner Henry. It proved to be an excellent choice.

The pub has several TVs where they show the different football games and has a Scottish themed interior. I found it very cosy and the proprietors are just lovely. If you want to be sure to have a place for Sunday lunch, you'd better make a reservation.

Favorite Dish: I opted for the lamb roast. All the roasts on Sunday cost Euro 9.95 and are excellent value. The lamb came with a roast potato, mashed potato, Yorkshire pudding, gravy and veggies like parshnip, cauliflower etc. The mint sauce came on the side.

A pint of local beer CISK cost Euro 3.00 and a cranberry juice Euro 1.50. Of course they also have other beers like John Smith.

• Lulu St.julian: Onvergetelijk

by W.heijnen Updated Oct 11, 2010

Met zijn zessen hebben we in een voortreffelijke ambiance goed begeleid door de gastheer genoten van een voortreffelijk diner. Het is meer dan een aanrader.

Favorite Dish: Wij namen allen iets anders en waren allen meer dan tevreden.

La Dolce Vita: yet another good one

by iaint Updated Mar 24, 2010

A Sicilian place right on the harbour at Spinola Bay.

We had a very good dinner there. Mussels to start, then veal in a champagne sauce as main course. Pinot Grigio to go with it.

Excellent service. About €30 each.

Favorite Dish: The veal - don't eat it often, so savour the occasion!

Bouzouki: excellent

by iaint Updated Mar 24, 2010

Greek resto right on the harbour at Spinola Bay.

Really excellent – food, service, menu, atmosphere. It was a busy Sunday lunchtime with all table taken, so top marks for getting it right.

I had aubergine salad and lamb souvlaki – latter served with a small Greek salad & fried potatoes.

About €26 per head, with a couple of glasses of wine included.

Favorite Dish: The souvlaki - tender and flavorsome.

1927: other good one!

by iaint Updated Mar 24, 2010

More traditional Maltese cuisine.

In fact I had the rib-eye steak. Excellent. Maybe slightly over cooked for rare, but not a disaster. An excellent Maltese red wine too.

Friendly staff. Small, busy place, so pop in & book a table if you can. People were being turned away when we were there (Saturday night, admittedly).

Favorite Dish: The steak

• iaint's Profile Photo

Mariuccia’s: Don't miss it...

by iaint Updated Mar 21, 2010

Traditional Maltese cuisine.

I had octopus salad and braġioli (beef olives). Washed down with a bottle of Maltese red. All excellent.

Good service & ambience. The menu is varied and I could easily have chosen any number of dishes from it. You eat in the courtyard at the rear of the building.

€30 each with a couple of drinks plus coffee, as well as the food & wine – good value

Favorite Dish: The braġioli. Served in a traditional earthenware dish.

Bianco's: really good

by iaint Written Mar 17, 2010

Went in here for dinner just on impulse. Great choice.

Good food and service, cool decor & music. Liked the menu.

It was busy - maybe St Patrick's Day - but a good sign.

I had vegetable soup with local sausage in it, then hot Argentinian beef salad. Both delicious.

€16.85 with a pint of lager.

Favorite Dish: The beef salad

• Karen&Paul's Profile Photo

RESTAURANTE NUMERONOVE: DON'T EAT IN THIS RESTAURANT

by Karen&Paul Written May 6, 2009

Very poor service, food cold, when we complained they threatended us and then called the police. We were a party of 11 - not young and boisterous - all of us over 40 and with our mum who is 79 so we were hardly a threat to them! We spoke to the Police and they were on our side but couldn't do anything to help us other than try to stop the Manager hitting my husband.

Favorite Dish: Everything served up to us was cold and inedible so I wouldn't recommend anything! The only thing that was warm was the white wine!

Pembroke Suite: Pembroke Suite

by Elly01 Written Feb 12, 2009

This place is one my top favorite places to eat out as the food is genuine and not very expensive really worth it !!!

The ambience is pleasing to the eye, very relaxing but nothing lavish but very tidy and neat. This place is a restaurant where the cooks and waitresses/waiters in Malta learn how to perform therefore the food is cooked there and then by themselves and you will be served by them.

They serve dinner only on Thursday and Friday evenings and everyone has to be seated by 7.30p.m. otherwise from Mon to Friday they serve lunch at 12.30 and everyone has to be seated by this time.

Kids under 12 years are not allowed and men have to wear dinner jacket and tie.

Favorite Dish: I cannot say as they change the menu everytime I go and the food is always good very small but abundant believe me you get full up - they make fresh bread themselves and its divine - carrot cake is my fav.

once I tasted this duck with a suace and it was divine .... but i have tried many other dishes and I never was disappointed even plain simple soups are good ...

• Beer Tasting

Salimar: Shalimar - Very good Indian Restuarant

by Elly01 Updated Feb 12, 2009

I love this place - they have one Indian restuarant in St Julians and one in Marsascala even though I always go to the Marsascala one. The food is simply delicious and genuine ! First they give you poppadoms and then starters and then the main dish - one is enough as they are very filling !

this place closed down but there is one in Birzebbugia and Marsacala one is still open ! reaslly good place to eat out ! we simply love it

Favorite Dish: The rice has undistinguishable taste .... I love all the dishes from the restuarant

Bloomers Restuarant: Bloomers Restuarant

by Elly01 Updated Feb 12, 2009

Bloomers Resturant

This place is really good. Infact I have been many times and never was disappointed. The place can get a bit stuffy but since no one is allowed to smoke in restuarants anymore I guess the place is better off now as it is a bit small. The place is quite a Wintry place but I guess in Summer they switch on the air-conditioner. They serve really good pasta dishes, meat dishes and pizza. The menu is really varied even consisting in a Chinese Pizza which always gets my attention whenever I visit this restaurant.

This place closed down !!!

Favorite Dish: Chinese Pizza ( I think its called Pizza Wong something like that !)

• SandiMandi's Profile Photo

Paparazzi Bistro: Have fun reading the menu - food's not bad either!

by SandiMandi Updated Sep 28, 2007

Paparazzi is a popular restaurant at Spinola Bay and their terrace offers a wonderful view over the bay. The portions are huge so you won't be left feeling hungry, you may even have to skip the dessert or come back for it later. When they bring you the menu, take a good look at the names of the dishes, they're quite amusing. I ate a dish called Busty Blonde, which was pasta with chicken, broccoli and red pepper in a creamy sauce.

Favorite Dish: For a dessert I'd recommend lemon cheesecake - so delicious (and generous)!

• Women's Travel
    • Singles

• Paparazzi Restaurant: Excellent Deserts in a Great Location

by ratbag1 Written Sep 27, 2007

We went twice to Paparazzi once for dinner and another time for coffee and desert. Paparazzi over looks Spinola Bay in St Julians just down from Paceville just nice to escape the busyness. You also walk to Sliema of you want a change of scene. The surronding are great as it overlooks the sea and near by Hilton Hotel.

The deserts where great big as well definatley share if you can as your feel a piggy afterwards.

I would definatley go back to this establishment to try more dishes on the menu.

Favorite Dish: My favourite dish on the menu was a Ding Dong which was literally Chicken Nuggents/Skewers in a basket with a vegatable rice which was very scrummy. You got about half a dozen nuggents and a big bowl of rice with peas, mushrooms and other veggies.

The deserts were pretty big enough for 2 to share we tried a Bun in the Oven which was literally a huge proferole with 2 lots of chocolate icecream, whipped cream and hot chocolate sauce piped over it. It just melted in your mouth the profeterole was a bit dry.

• Singles
    • Luxury Travel

• Elly01's Profile Photo

Paparazzi Restaurant: Paparazzi - Very Popular place to go !

by Elly01 Updated May 29, 2007

Paparazzi Restaurant

If you want a non expensive and very good place you have to visit - Paparazzi ! You must try the spaghetti with four cheeses, pizza, chicken salad and most of all the bar-bi-que spare ribs with this honey glazed sauce. When ever I go here I always enjoy the food especially the desserts are just fab ! In Summer you can even eat outside under the umbrellas. It's quite romantic and peaceful. If you go when there is the feast of St.Julians - try to avoid it as many people go there as it overlooks the bay and at midnight on Sunday and Saturday they let off the fireworks of the feast . From the restaurant there is quite a nice view especially if you want to take some photos of the fireworks. So I recommend that you go and eat early to book your seat :-)

Recently I visited this restaurant again and the service was terrible I don t recommend that you go there. After we called to book a table for about 15 people when we arrived on time they told us that they could not host us and until they gave us the negative reply they left us waiting for about 1 hour and 30 mins until they told us then we decided to leave and find another restaurant and we chose Blue Room which is a chinese restuarant on the same road however we were disappointed and I swore that I would never go again after such a bad experience.

Favorite Dish: The menu is really cool as the food is named after past films and famous actors and actresses of the past ! The place is decorated with many old pictures and loads of references to past films and famous people.

• Peppino's Restaurant: Superb food and atmosphere

by iainhodgen Written Apr 23, 2007
    Outside

The food is excellent whether is be fish of a meat dish and the service is by far the best we encountered in St Julians. Not over-priced at all compared to the other local resturaunts but much better food.
    If you can get a seat on the 2 person balcony overlooking the bay or in the roof garden it's fantastic - but book as early as possible!

Favorite Dish: The fish selection is fantastic, a fresh fish cooked and served whole on the plate in a lovely light sauce. The steaks are also superb.

• Luxury Travel

Instant Answers: Saint Julian's

Comments

Saint Julian's Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Saint Julian's restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Saint Julian's sightseeing.

View all Saint Julian's hotels