Sliema Restaurants

Fresco's, Sliema
  • Sea views from the dining room at Fresco's, Sliema
    Sea views from the dining room at...
  • "Chef's Dips" at Fresco's, Sliema

Most Recent Restaurants in Sliema

• slothtraveller's Profile Photo

112 Firehouse: Big portions!

by slothtraveller Updated Apr 4, 2011

112 Firehouse

The restaurant is decked out with firefighting memorabilia and is very airy. This restaurant differs from many in Sliema as the tables are not close together and the atmosphere is very relaxed. The restaurant is situated in the basement of the building, down a flight of stairs.

Favorite Dish: The portions are very large and the food is classic but good.
    The Penne Arrabbiata was tasty and very good value for money.

• Turska's Profile Photo

Bookbites cafe: Great toasts for 2e!!

by Turska Written Mar 24, 2011

6 mornings of 7 we went here for breakfast. They had huge three layers toasts, with lots of cheese, and for example eggs or ham or salami. You could have white or brown bread (it´s not really dark, just a little bit darker), and most mornings they had really good tasty bread. Once I got normal toast-bread, but it was still big. Funny thing was the potato chips coming with bread, witch made us think these weren´t ment for breakfast ;) But we liked it for breakfast, becouse we are use to have heavier breakfast than a croissant or similar. Mostly I didn´t eat the chips anyway. (I do love chips, so it was only too early for them ;) I made jokes about getting a plastic bag for them one morning..)
    I had latte macciato every morning, and it was big, and 1,60e! (those are over 3e in Finland!). My husnabd had capuccino, I don´t remember the price, but it was around the same.
    They also had good looking cakes, but we can´t eat sweet at morning, and we weren´t anywhere near at the noon, so we didn´t taste them.
    They also sell newspapers, magazines, guidebooks, novels, candy, adapters, toothpaste, toothbrushes.. Many small things, that tourists might need. It was allready open at 8 when we went one morning, and closed quite late. Maybe around 22 o´clock.
    How can it be so cheap! I have ordered something like this in Finland, and paid 8e!! (When you are a Finn, most places feel so cheap..)
    They also had many other snacks, but we tried only some pie, witch my husband liked, but I couln´t eat, becouse it had so much onions in it-I don´t like them.

Favorite Dish: I liked salami and cheese-toast. It was simple bad good,and had enough fillings. My husband ate it with brown bread and it looked good, but I´m allergic to rye, so I didn´t bother to ask if there is rye in it, and couldn´t try it.
    The photo isn´t clear, becouse I was ashamed to take a photo of my toast,and did it super quickly :D

• globetrott's Profile Photo

The restaurant of Hotel Milano Due: great food & reasonable prices

by globetrott Written Nov 17, 2010

3 times I had dinner in the restaurant next to the reception of the Hotel Milano Due, because the restaurant on the 7th floor was closed. Dinner started at 06.00pm and in the afternoon you will get only some smaller snacks, like sandwiches etc.

Favorite Dish: I had a pizza caprizziosa and also a pizza with salmon, both of them were excellent and had a diameter of about 32 cm. The 3rd dish was roasted salmon,that was great as well.

• Wine Tasting

Ta’ Kris Restaurant: away from the tourist crowd

by call_me_rhia Written Jun 10, 2010

Ta’ Kris Restaurant is a small restaurant full of charm in a qiuet lane in the centre of Sliema. In the past it used to be a bakery – now only the oven has remained. The restaurant is specialized in Maltese cuisine like Braggioli (which are slices of Beef stuffed with meat cooked in a red wine, tomato & herb sauce). The restaurant is quite popular, so it’s better to book.

Favorite Dish: I had the rabbit pasta, with rabbit meat, tomato sauce, garlic, red wine and plenty of onions… good but a bit heavy. I tasted my husband’s seafood pasta and it was really good, with a hint of lemon. Interesting.

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

cafe cuba: the best coffee?

by call_me_rhia Written Jun 10, 2010

Cafe Cuba is a coffee shop outside the Point shopping centre and itboast to serve the best coffee in Malta… it also serves all sorts of pastries and sandwhiches, as well as soft drinks and fresh juices.

Favorite Dish: Although I can’t confirm the best coffee statement, I must say that the coffee they serve is really good and the staff people really nice and friendly. The very Italian marocchino coffee is often not that good in Italy, but in Sliema Café Cuba it was the real stuff. So thumbs up. The patries, by contrast, were really sad tasting.

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

Fortizza bar and restaurant: a terrace on the Med

at night

The Fortizza bar and restaurant is a fortress building turned into restaurant… enough to scream tourist trap. When we passed by it at night we swore we never ate there, when we passed by the following day our 3 months and a half baby started screaming for food, so we had to stop to feed him. At that point we figured that we could not be fussy and had to have lunch.

Favorite Dish: I must admit that the food was really good and the location – on a terrace overlooking the Mediterranean sea – really outstanding. my husband had a seabass grilled to perfection and I chose the grilled quail, which came with a delicious sweet-ish sauce.

Salini: a mediterranean taste

by call_me_rhia Written Jun 9, 2010

Salini is a slightly trendy restaurant specialized in delicious Mediterranean food – there are local dishes as well as Italian, Spanish, Turkish, Lebanese, Moroccan and Egyptian dishes… There’s also a good selection of tapas and delicious wines – which unfortunately you can’t buy by the glass but only by the bottle.

The restaurant is open for dinner 7 nights a week & lunch on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.

Favorite Dish: I had Tadam Mimli as a starter, which is a cold dish of fresh tomatoes, bread crumbs, capers, anchovies, mint, parsley and marjoram. As my main course I tried Saw dat dajaj, a dish of chicken liver, garlic, lemon juice, parsley, coriander, pomegranate syrup, mixed spice and cumin. My husband had some simple grilled tuna. All dishes were truly delicious.

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

Hibiki: good sushi and sashimi

by call_me_rhia Written Jun 9, 2010

Hibiki is a delicious Japanese restaurant inside the Fortina Spa Resort… when you go there you can choose to eat at traditional tables or at the teppanyaki table – where a chef cooks in front of you and puts up an interesting culinary show.

The restaurant is open daily for lunch and dinner, except on Tuesdays when it’s closed.
    Reservations are not necessary for lunch but they are necessary for dinner. If you are a guest of the hotel, you have a 25% discount.

Favorite Dish: We had sushi and sashimi… you can select the different types of rolls or fish that you want, or else go for the set menus for around 30 euros.

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

cioconat lounge: don't miss the creamy desserts

the Roma

A nice place to stop for food, drinks or in our case dessert. It's cosy and it's part of an international chain with restaurants mostly in the Middle East - but also in Italy..

Favorite Dish: The creamy dessert… served in a small cognac glass, and similar to a tiny tiramisu. There are several types but the base is generally the same: mascarpone cream, a sponge biscuit, a shot of coffee... what varies are the toppings, for example dulce de leche, cocoa powder, fresh strawberries, meringue, etc. my favourite? Argentina and/or Roma!

• joanj's Profile Photo

not known: Pavement cafe

by joanj Written Oct 31, 2008

Good place to chill

If you are walking on the promenade towards St. Julian's bay area, then this is a lovely spot to sit and sip a cool drink, coffee, snack etc., and "watch the world and his wife go by."

It is very popular, and is open early evenings as well.

Favorite Dish: The hot chocolate is lovely.

Blondino Restaurant: A lot of choice

by slothtraveller Written Jul 25, 2008

The restaurant is small, but cosy. It is set back a little from Tower Road, down a side street. The owners were welcoming and the food was of a good standard. Their menu was quite extensive for such a small place, with lots of fish choices as well as meat dishes and Maltese specialities. I'm sure anyone could find something to take their fancy from the menu here.

Favorite Dish: As I had been living on Italian and Maltese style food, I opted for something with a more familiar taste: Lamb chops and mint sauce! It was served with an accompaniment of chips and peas. The garlic bread starter came with a tomato topping which was very tasty.

Mozzarellas: For Pizza

by slothtraveller Written Jul 25, 2008

If you are looking for pizza, Mozzarellas is a good place to go. Sit by the window for sea views and a bit of fresh air.

Favorite Dish: The food is very well priced and as the name of the restaurant suggests, they do pile on the mozzarella!
    I tried the American style pizza with pepperoni and it was huge. You definitely needed a hearty appetite to make any kind of dent in it!

Ta'Kolina: Maltese hospitality

by slothtraveller Written Jul 17, 2008

Ta'Kolina restaurant

Overlooking Sliema's promenade on Tower Road, this small restaurant has great views out to sea. The main selling point is the food. Maltese specialities are aplenty on the menu and the staff are friendly and eager to please. It's worth being adventurous and trying something new here such as rabbit in wine or the locally caught lampuki fish.

Favorite Dish: I tried the Maltese bragioli- a minced steak haggis-shaped local dish. Strangely it is known in English as beef olives, although the dish contains no olives whatsoever! It was very filling and I could not finish the plate but definitely worth a try. It was served with peppers and potatoes and the mixture of tastes worked well.

• popoze's Profile Photo

MISTO: Meat , fish and Sea food all is very good.

by popoze Written Jul 10, 2007

Strategically situated in Sliema, MISTO is not only a wonderful place to eat but a great location to meet.

With outsite waterfront seating and a stunning interior, Misto is a fantastic venue to enjoy a coffee , abusiness lunch, a relaxed meal or just a bite with friends.

It has a well compliled-fusion Mediterranean menu and an accomplished wine selection catering for all tastes and appetites.

Favorite Dish: I enjoyed very much the seafood dish and also the meat.

• Elly01's Profile Photo

Mozzarella's: Don't miss out on the Spare Ribs !

by Elly01 Written Apr 24, 2007

At this restuarant they don;t just serve one type of food but various types from Italian to American so I could not choose under which section to place this restuarant. However book early as this place is very popular.

Favorite Dish: If I could I owuld give this restuarant a trophy for the best spare ribs ever ! Really Wicked ! even the pizza I hear is very good !

• Beer Tasting
    • Wine Tasting

Instant Answers: Sliema

Comments

Sliema Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Sliema restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Sliema sightseeing.