Sliema Restaurants

Fresco's, Sliema
  • Sea views from the dining room at Fresco's, Sliema
    Sea views from the dining room at...
  • "Chef's Dips" at Fresco's, Sliema

Most Recent Restaurants in Sliema

Vino Veritas: Vino Veritas

by Elly01 Written Mar 9, 2005

This place is one of my favorite places to eat in Sliema as it is not very expensive and the food is delicious. They serve pizza, pasta and some meat dishes. This is a very casual place.

The desserts here are very delicious especially the strawberry meringue and the chocolate cake.

Favorite Dish: Tortellini in Cartoccio (Tortellini with mushrooms and ham wrapped in a pastry)

• Wine Tasting

• Elly01's Profile Photo

Piccolo Padre: Don't miss out on the 'Pizzoto'

by Elly01 Updated Mar 7, 2005

Piccolo Padre is situated in the basement of a XVII century seaside villa which is surrounded with balconies that overlook the sea. The place is really decorated nicely and the service is very good unless there aren't many people (and this is not often as the place is very popular). Here you can eat pizza, pasta and salads. The desserts are really good too.

This is the place where I had my 3rd VT meeting !

Favorite Dish: Pizza Pizzoto - a closed pizza with mushrooms, honey, seasame seeds and blue cheese - yummy !!

The Gateux Marie is simply out of this world however that is not its orginal name but it was like a chocolate mousse with biscuits !

Piccolo Padre
    • Study Abroad

• sandysmith's Profile Photo

Millenium Kebab House: Quick and Tasty Kebab

by sandysmith Written Mar 5, 2005

Well we crammed our sightseeing in right to the last day of our weeek in Malta - with just an hour to go before our pick up to the airport and no meal on the plane booked we decided to have a quick kebab.

Favorite Dish: Big selection of salad with Kebab with sauce and chips. Could take-away but we were shown into a room at the back where they have a litttle restaurant area. Very tasty, filling and cheap! (less than 4 lira)

kebab meal

Cara's: Choose Your Milkshake

by steventilly Updated Feb 8, 2005

Cara's is quite away along the seafront towards St Julian's (so facing out to see rather than across the harbour). It does do light meals and a delicious selection of cakes, but what we like best about it is the milkshakes.

Favorite Dish: The milkshake menu beggars belief (see pic - and that's only one side of it!). They even have shakes made with beer and my personal favourite is one of these - the Mint Beer Shake. Yes, it sounds a strange and horrible combination, but its very refreshing on a hot sunny day and the mint combined with the hops in the beer rather refresh your palate.

Sliema

TGI Friday's: Never Again

by steventilly Updated Feb 8, 2005

TGI Friday's is just another branch of a chain of restaurants that extends throughout the UK. We dined here one evening because others in our party wanted to - it would never really be on our list - and we all lived to regret it. Now we can't say for certain that it was this that caused it, but we were all struck down with gastro-enteritis over the next couple of days - well, all of us who had the Ceasar's Salad anyway. That's the only thing we can think of that caused it as it was the only thing that we all had eaten the same.
    Since then I can't bring myself to even think abvout Ceasar's Salad and since we had never been in a TGI's before then I doubt if we will be back into one again any time soon.

Favorite Dish: Definitely NOT the Ceasar's Salad.

TGI Friday's, Sliema

Throughout Sliema: Cafes Galore

by steventilly Updated Feb 8, 2005

Almost the entire length of Sliema's seafront from Gzira to St Julian's is lined with cafes and bars of one type or another. My favourite type of cafe is the kind of place where you can go for a nice piece of cake and a cup of tea or coffee, sat outside watching the world pass by. A good place for this in Sliema near the corner where Tower Road cuts inland across Sliema Point (from near the ferry landing stage). At this point there is quite an aglomeration of outdoor cafes all serving wonderful cakes and coffees and all having a relaxed yet vibrant feel.

Sliema Cafes

• joanj's Profile Photo

TGI Fridays: They have one here!!..........

by joanj Written Nov 15, 2004

They seem to be popping up everywhere, and while I did not eat here (we were all inclusive so no need to) I thought I would put this tip on the page to let people know that if they are a fan of TGI F's, then look no further than Sliema promenade.

TGI Fridays

• Elly01's Profile Photo

TGIF: TGIF - Cool and Nice atmosphere to eat !

by Elly01 Written Sep 17, 2004

Well this restuarant is situated in a Fort (Fortizza) overlooking the sea just opposite the chalet in Sliema. Here you can sit at the bar and have a drink or then you can also eat. This place is a also a family place and a place where you celebrate as a group.

Favorite Dish: I have loads but the two I prefer are Mushroom Chicken Mushroom and the Spare ribs for dessert I always take the Mud Pie. Here they serve also amazing cocktails and shooters!

TGIF

Tex Mex: Tex Mex

by Elly01 Written Sep 17, 2004

The place is really decorated in a typical Mexican style and is a really nice place which opens fro lunch and for dinner. Nice place to go even as a group ! In Summer you can also sit outside too with a nice view of Sliema Promenade !

Favorite Dish: Well once I even had tasted chicken with chocolate here - it was delicious ! My favorite dish however are the spare ribs and as dessert the Mississippi Mud Pie.

Tex Mex

• Bigs's Profile Photo

Any ice cream vendor at the beach: Soft or hard ice cream?

by Bigs Written Aug 10, 2004

I like these typical ice cream vendors that you find along the beaches and sea side streets all over Malta.

On a hot summers day there is nothing better than a cold ice cream or a cold drink from such a shop.

I haven't heard about the name hard ice cream before I went to Malta. Is it common to speak of hard ice cream in English? I know soft ice, but har ice? Please let me know....

Favorite Dish: Chocolate Ice cream with nuts and chocolate topping!!!!

Marios ice cream bus

• Bigs's Profile Photo

Black Gold Saloon: Stop for a drink somewhere

by Bigs Written Aug 10, 2004

It's one of the pubs on "The Strand". I just had a fruit salad and a cold drink here when i waited for the Luzzu cruise. The bar inside looked quite impressive with all the liquers etc. I think it's crowded in the evenings.....

• LE MALTE RESTAURANT: maltese food

by pizz Updated Apr 4, 2011

I find it the best for local food cos its like home made food and fresh

Favorite Dish: the rabbit its yumm and the maltese stew yum yum

• Business Travel

Teksen's Turkish Diner: Teksen's Turkish Diner

by Elly01 Written Sep 19, 2004

Here you can taste genuine turkish food which is really good. They serve burgers, lamb and chicken doners and kebabs.

Favorite Dish: The lamb doner

Teksen's Turkish Diner

Instant Answers: Sliema

Comments

Sliema Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Sliema restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Sliema sightseeing.