Sliema Restaurants

Fresco's, Sliema
  • Sea views from the dining room at Fresco's, Sliema
    Sea views from the dining room at...
  • "Chef's Dips" at Fresco's, Sliema

Best Rated Restaurants in Sliema

Busy Bee: Busy Bee

by Elly01 Updated Mar 9, 2005

Busy Bee is a cafeteria situated in Ta'Xbiex just off Sliema. Here they serve tea, coffee, drinks, pastries, pastizzi, pies, salads and sandwiches. They have a large selection of cakes, ice-cream and pastries to choose from. However you cannot miss out on the 'Kannoli' which are pastries filled with ricotta cheese mixed with sugar and canded fruit and sometimes even pieces of chocolate. On the outside of these kannoli nuts are sprinkled around them. You can find also chocolate ones however I prefer the normal ones.

Favorite Dish: kannolli ! They make the best ones here in my opinion !

Busy  Bee

Tex Mex: Tex Mex

by Elly01 Written Sep 17, 2004

The place is really decorated in a typical Mexican style and is a really nice place which opens fro lunch and for dinner. Nice place to go even as a group ! In Summer you can also sit outside too with a nice view of Sliema Promenade !

Favorite Dish: Well once I even had tasted chicken with chocolate here - it was delicious ! My favorite dish however are the spare ribs and as dessert the Mississippi Mud Pie.

Tex Mex

• Elly01's Profile Photo

TGIF: TGIF - Cool and Nice atmosphere to eat !

by Elly01 Written Sep 17, 2004

Well this restuarant is situated in a Fort (Fortizza) overlooking the sea just opposite the chalet in Sliema. Here you can sit at the bar and have a drink or then you can also eat. This place is a also a family place and a place where you celebrate as a group.

Favorite Dish: I have loads but the two I prefer are Mushroom Chicken Mushroom and the Spare ribs for dessert I always take the Mud Pie. Here they serve also amazing cocktails and shooters!

TGIF

• Dick33's Profile Photo

Argyll: Steak is to die for

by Dick33 Updated Jun 21, 2006

The staff were great very friendly and we had a little laugh, the young girl who got us the bottle of Maltese wine had a job to unscrew the cap she tried to be professional and asked me if I wanted to taste it I half expected her to offer me the cap to sniff.
    It was the best meal I have ever eaten Francis is a genious with food I can't say enough good things about this night it was fantastic.

Favorite Dish: First all the food was excellent.
    I had Ricotta ravioli and steak diane Ian had rocket and parma ham salad then pork fillet calvados.
    The main corses were cooked at our table by Francis as you can see by my not very good photo.
    The steak diane was sublime and Ian is a really fussy eater said the pork was cooked to perfection.
    We gave this night 12 out of 10.

The best meal I ever ate!
    • Wine Tasting

Mammia Mia Restaurant: Mammia Mia Restaurant

by Elly01 Updated Apr 14, 2005

This restuarant is one of the most popular restaurants at the moment. One can seat upstairs with the sea view and then there is below the first floor which is quite dull. The food is really good even though the service is a bit slow as the place is big. Most of all you have to book however in advance as there is always a queue. Recently, though my parents wanted to take me out for my birthday and we were let down by the manager as we called to book and he did not want to reserve a table overlooking the seaview as he told us its first come first serve basis and he was not going to reserve a table.

I think this is a pity because the food here is really good.

Favorite Dish: I have loads of favourite dishes which are :

the cajun chicken with pasta
    chicken ceasar salad
    pizza is really good
    spare ribs are served with two sauces ( I think I had liked the American sauce if I am not mistaken)

Mammia Mia Restuarant

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

Fortizza bar and restaurant: a terrace on the Med

by call_me_rhia Written Jun 9, 2010

The Fortizza bar and restaurant is a fortress building turned into restaurant… enough to scream tourist trap. When we passed by it at night we swore we never ate there, when we passed by the following day our 3 months and a half baby started screaming for food, so we had to stop to feed him. At that point we figured that we could not be fussy and had to have lunch.

Favorite Dish: I must admit that the food was really good and the location – on a terrace overlooking the Mediterranean sea – really outstanding. my husband had a seabass grilled to perfection and I chose the grilled quail, which came with a delicious sweet-ish sauce.

at night

• steventilly's Profile Photo

Cara's: Choose Your Milkshake

by steventilly Updated Feb 8, 2005

Cara's is quite away along the seafront towards St Julian's (so facing out to see rather than across the harbour). It does do light meals and a delicious selection of cakes, but what we like best about it is the milkshakes.

Favorite Dish: The milkshake menu beggars belief (see pic - and that's only one side of it!). They even have shakes made with beer and my personal favourite is one of these - the Mint Beer Shake. Yes, it sounds a strange and horrible combination, but its very refreshing on a hot sunny day and the mint combined with the hops in the beer rather refresh your palate.

Sliema

• globetrott's Profile Photo

The restaurant of Hotel Milano Due: great food & reasonable prices

by globetrott Written Nov 17, 2010

3 times I had dinner in the restaurant next to the reception of the Hotel Milano Due, because the restaurant on the 7th floor was closed. Dinner started at 06.00pm and in the afternoon you will get only some smaller snacks, like sandwiches etc.

Favorite Dish: I had a pizza caprizziosa and also a pizza with salmon, both of them were excellent and had a diameter of about 32 cm. The 3rd dish was roasted salmon,that was great as well.

• Wine Tasting

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

cioconat lounge: don't miss the creamy desserts

by call_me_rhia Written Jun 9, 2010

A nice place to stop for food, drinks or in our case dessert. It's cosy and it's part of an international chain with restaurants mostly in the Middle East - but also in Italy..

Favorite Dish: The creamy dessert… served in a small cognac glass, and similar to a tiny tiramisu. There are several types but the base is generally the same: mascarpone cream, a sponge biscuit, a shot of coffee... what varies are the toppings, for example dulce de leche, cocoa powder, fresh strawberries, meringue, etc. my favourite? Argentina and/or Roma!

the Roma

• STEFZAMM's Profile Photo

VINO VERITAS: ALL ABOUT GOOD FOOD

by STEFZAMM Written Feb 27, 2006

A good sized restaurant, with a good atmosphere and really good food.

It is situated on the seafront having tables on the outside in the summer time. Mostly specializes in pizza and pasta. The service is very good and the staff are very friendly.

Favorite Dish: I always go to this restaurant for the chicken ravioli, they're super good.... A Bis of Ravioli Pollo and Cresta di Gallo.

• Singles
    • Work Abroad

• STEFZAMM's Profile Photo

KRISHNA: AN INDIAN WORLD

by STEFZAMM Updated Feb 27, 2006

A relatively small restaurant situated on the seafront, where the food is amazing and the service is excellent!

If you are not so familiar with the Indian cusine, the owners here at Krishna are very helpful and they can help you with what you should choose from their vast menu. They have a large variety of food and you can have it hot, mild or extra mild.

The service is very good, the staff (who are mostly Indian) are very friendly and helpful, giving an excellent service with a smile.

Favorite Dish: Can't tell my favourite dish for I just love the Indian cusine. Usually I give the 'I want a bit of everything' hint to the waiter and here you go .. literally a bit of everything.. not leaving out the typical Indian ice cream for dessert of course, even if i'm super super full.

Myself & work colleagues @ Krishna
    • Work Abroad

• slothtraveller's Profile Photo

112 Firehouse: Big portions!

by slothtraveller Updated Apr 4, 2011

The restaurant is decked out with firefighting memorabilia and is very airy. This restaurant differs from many in Sliema as the tables are not close together and the atmosphere is very relaxed. The restaurant is situated in the basement of the building, down a flight of stairs.

Favorite Dish: The portions are very large and the food is classic but good.
    The Penne Arrabbiata was tasty and very good value for money.

112 Firehouse

Mozzarellas: For Pizza

by slothtraveller Written Jul 25, 2008

If you are looking for pizza, Mozzarellas is a good place to go. Sit by the window for sea views and a bit of fresh air.

Favorite Dish: The food is very well priced and as the name of the restaurant suggests, they do pile on the mozzarella!
    I tried the American style pizza with pepperoni and it was huge. You definitely needed a hearty appetite to make any kind of dent in it!

• steventilly's Profile Photo

Throughout Sliema: Cafes Galore

by steventilly Updated Feb 8, 2005

Almost the entire length of Sliema's seafront from Gzira to St Julian's is lined with cafes and bars of one type or another. My favourite type of cafe is the kind of place where you can go for a nice piece of cake and a cup of tea or coffee, sat outside watching the world pass by. A good place for this in Sliema near the corner where Tower Road cuts inland across Sliema Point (from near the ferry landing stage). At this point there is quite an aglomeration of outdoor cafes all serving wonderful cakes and coffees and all having a relaxed yet vibrant feel.

Sliema Cafes

Blondino Restaurant: A lot of choice

by slothtraveller Written Jul 25, 2008

The restaurant is small, but cosy. It is set back a little from Tower Road, down a side street. The owners were welcoming and the food was of a good standard. Their menu was quite extensive for such a small place, with lots of fish choices as well as meat dishes and Maltese specialities. I'm sure anyone could find something to take their fancy from the menu here.

Favorite Dish: As I had been living on Italian and Maltese style food, I opted for something with a more familiar taste: Lamb chops and mint sauce! It was served with an accompaniment of chips and peas. The garlic bread starter came with a tomato topping which was very tasty.

Instant Answers: Sliema

Comments

Sliema Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Sliema restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Sliema sightseeing.