Sliema Tourist Traps

Most Recent Tourist Traps in Sliema

• Tour agents in Sliema

by yonsk Written May 10, 2007

As you walk along the promenade in Sliema (opposite Valletta), charming street sellers will try to sell you boat and minibus tours. They work for agents who have offices nearby. Be careful that you are given the total price of any trip because I had the experience of being sold a trip to Sicily and when the tickets were produced the next day there was an extra fee for being picked up at my hotel. I refused to pay and cancelled the trip (luckily I had not paid in advance).

Unique Suggestions: For an expensive trip I recommend you go to the agents main office on Sliema promenade with the street seller to make sure you and the agent are agreed on the total price of the trip.

However, my general experiencve of Malta was very positive and I had a very good experience of 'JOSEPHINE'S' agent in Sliema. Through JOSEPHINE'S I had an excellent harbour tour run by Captain Morgan Cruises

• Sailing and Boating

• Luzzu Round-the-Harbour (or 1/2 round!)

by keithandjuliewilson Updated Oct 23, 2005

Wanted to do the round the harbour trip in Oct '05, so was checking out the times at the Luzzu Tourboat desk. The guy there said 'We are going now' and took our two fares at Lm6.50 each. ' We were loaded into a yellow speedboat thinking we awere the only ones aboard for a private trip, but, much to our dismay were simply ferried out to a trip that had started some 25minutes earlier, so only received 2/3 of the trip. We tried to remonstrate with the English speaking guide on the boat but got nowhere! (Perhaps his English was purely scripted!) Although we enjoyed the remainder of the trip it took the edge off it somewhat. Our advice is to make sure that you know tyhe trip times or avoid this firm altogether!

Fun Alternatives: Captain Morgan, the next day gave exemplary service on a round-the-island trip, so we presume they would do the same for a round the harbour trip.

• Elly01's Profile Photo

Beware of the Kiosks vendors

by Elly01 Written Apr 11, 2005

Kiosks on the Sliema Promenade!

On the Sliema promenade where the Chalet still stands there are vans that sell ice creams, snacks, drinks and all sorts of stuff. At times, these vendors seem to change the prices of things especially if they realise that you are a foreigner.

Unique Suggestions: Well, my suggestion is either ask them them the price of the thing you want to buy and if you think they are ripping you off just refuse to buy from the place.

Fun Alternatives: The alternative is to buy from a shop instead wich seems to have a fixed price for everyone.

Instant Answers: Sliema

Comments

Sliema Tourist Traps

Reviews and photos of Sliema tourist traps posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Sliema sightseeing.