Sliema Warnings and Dangers

• Warnings and Dangers
    by globetrott

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Sliema

• globetrott's Profile Photo

My smallest shower-cabin ever !

by globetrott Updated Dec 1, 2010

Oh gosh,lets see this the positive way: I really "made it" and was able to somehow slip into that tiny shower-cabin in my hotel and I also was able to take a shower without beeing able to get any soap on my feet, as standing was possible, but bending down was totally out of reach.
    BTW the size of my sandals is No 47, so take such a shoe and add 2-3 cm and you get the opening of the door of that shower-cabin.
    The folder for the stationary fitted exactely into that opening,see it in my main photo !
    The size of the shower itself was about 65cm x 65 cm !

• Women's Travel
    • Seniors

• leics's Profile Photo

Watch your step in thepublic toilets.

by leics Written Aug 30, 2009

A serious tip.

There are public toilets on the beach under the Sliema promenade, on the way to St Julians. They are absolutely fine to use. But.......

The floor is marble, and on a slight slope. Lighting is dim, and even more so when it is bright sunlight outside and/or you are wearing sunglasses.

Both times I have visited the floor has been covered with water from the shower within. And the first time, unknowing, I went flying...a really bad fall which left me with painful bruising for several weeks. I was lucky not to break anything.

I'm usually very sure-footed, so do take care.

I imagine the same applies to the men's toilets but obviously do not know.

Sliema street (not a public toilet!)
    • Seniors
    • Women's Travel

• slothtraveller's Profile Photo

A lack of mosquitoes, an abundance of jellyfish!

by slothtraveller Written Jul 24, 2008

Swimming in the sea off Sliema is a great way to relax but just under the surface lurks a hidden danger that can pack one hell of a sting- that's right, it's Mr Jellyfish. The amount of jellyfish seems to differ from day to day. There was one day during my holiday when no-one was in the sea as the jellyfish had moved closer to the shore than normal. I noticed a number of shops in Sliema were selling ointments for jellyfish stings but if that kind of thing bothers you, stick to the rockpools or the hotel pool when the jellies are about!
    More positive news is that I didn't see any mosquitoes while in Sliema. I think this could be because it is a more urban area than many other Med resorts and there is little standing water around.

What lurks beneath?
    • Diving and Snorkeling

• Sidewalk. a dangerous place?

by Christine166 Written Mar 12, 2004

It sound funny but you have to be careful by walking on the sidewalk! In Malta you have to walk on the left side of the sidewalk or otherwise the people crash into you! That really happend to me quite a lot times! :) I was just walking and not thinking. So be careful and remember to walk left!

Instant Answers: Sliema

Comments

Sliema Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Sliema warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Sliema sightseeing.