Trattoria Palazz, Valletta

• Trattoria Palazz
    by wwwitchie
  • Trattoria Palazz: Fabulous FRESH fish

by Fussy Written Jan 8, 2008

A small cellar restaurant run by a local family. You could easily miss it, because from the outside it is misleading. You will only see the fresh fish display in a small window, as the restaurant proper is down a flight of stairs into the cellar. Don't let that put you off, go in it's great.
    We stayed in Valletta for two weeks over Christmas and New Year and with only one exception (our very expensive New Year's Eve dinner in a Pallazzo) this was the best food we had the whole trip.
    As we did not find this place until the end of our stay, we only ate there twice, but both times the service was great and we had great fresh fish and the best Rib Eye steak ever. They even made a sauce especially for us as we did not see one we liked on the menu.

Favorite Dish: Mine was the fresh Barracuda and my partner said he had the best Rib Eye ever.

• Castles and Palaces
    • Business Travel
    • Architecture

• wwwitchie's Profile Photo

Trattoria Palazz: Trattoria Palazz

by wwwitchie Written Aug 26, 2002

The restaurant is situation in what used to be part of the cellar of the palace in Valletta. The Palace, which now houses the offices of the President and the Attorney General, is situated across the road. A lovely olde worlde atmosphere.

Favorite Dish: Penne alla Norma... Short pasta cooked al dente with an aubergine and tomato sauce... Yum!!

• Elly01's Profile Photo

Trattoria Palazz: Trattoria Palazz

by Elly01 Updated Apr 4, 2011

If I can remember well here you can eat mostly pasta and grills. Some people like it alot however when I went I was very disappointed. Whenever we go its always packed and the portions are small. The menu has a vast selection however I was disappointed as the food was not very good neither !

Favorite Dish: My favorite dish here is pasta with truffle sauce.

• trattoria palazz: best food ever in valletta

by somthing Written Sep 11, 2010

trattoia palazz has to be the BEST restaurant i have gone to in valletta they have very good service the food is the best i have ever had i had a fish i never had a better fish to eat in my life i like to go there with my family to eat many times if u wont to go out with the family to eat good food go to trattoria palazz.

• Business Travel

Instant Answers: Valletta

Comments

Hotels Near Trattoria Palazz
4.5 out of 5 stars