Vittoriosa Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Vittoriosa

• CANTINA SANT'ANGELO: Wining is the Theme

by wardahamra Updated Apr 4, 2011

Our Wine Tasting Experience

Our favourite wine-bar is Cantina Sant'Angelo. Its quaint, beautifully restored and has a warm ambiance which puts us at ease as soon as we enter. It is a family-run and the owners make you feel very welcome. The service is excellent and the platters divine and the prices so moderate. I wish you will try it out with your friends and family - you wont be disappointed.

Dress - Casual - Smart.

Favorite Dish: My favourite is the Fiesta Fusion which is a platter of mixed cured meats, pate and cheeses. laid on a bed of mixed salad.

Also the mixed crostini which are made of tapenade, sundried pesto, caponata, grilled aubergine mmmm

• Wine Tasting

• Tate: Welcome meat free Malta

by Veggiepig Written Nov 1, 2009

This is Malta's first and only vegetarian and Vegan restaurant. We visited last week (oct 09) when in Vittoriosa. The owners were great and our table booking was changed when we arrived without ay problem. The food and the ambiance was excellent - much local food and other world dishes. The service was prompt and efficient and the setting perfect.
    I would efinately return here and recommend to anyone who wants quality food without meat or fish in Malta.

Favorite Dish: maltese salad

• Diving and Snorkeling

• leics's Profile Photo

Cafe du Brazil: Good spot for watching the world go by

by leics Written Aug 29, 2009

Cafe du Brazil

Just a local Maltese cafe, with hot and cold drinks, snacks, cakes and so on. Ideally placed for a rest-stop after exploring Vittoriosa and before wandering back to the bus stop on Triq 79.

It's on a corner of Misrah ir-Rebna, the main square. Just sit in the shade at the outside tables with a beer or a coffee and watch the world pass (slowly) by. If it's chilly, there are seats inside too.

I found the staff to be pleasant and courteous.

• Seniors
    • Singles

• Tate Cafe: worst service ever

by cooking_mama Written Aug 22, 2009

This was the worst experience ever, it was our first time at this restaurant ( and the last aswell ). The service (if you can call it so) was very disappointing. The waitress came up to us to have the drinks order, as soon as she left the table she smirked at us, then she came again to take our order. We just ordered two pizzas and we waited for over an hour for these to be served on our table, we asked the waitress if there was any problem and she just smirked at us again and started mumbling as soon as she was walking away from us ( very nice attitude, Excellent customer service), another waiter came up to us and told us that before we ordered our food we should have asked the waitress if it was going to take long for us to be served our food ( since when is this ?? is it in the law??) to cut the story short we were served after an hour and 15mins and the food was nothing out of this world, we've had much better. The last thing was when we asked for the bill, it took us another half an hour of waiting, we had asked the waitress gently twice for the bill but the bill never arrived. My husband went inside near the bar to pay, were he learnt that the waitress haven't even asked for our bill. This was a really big disapointment for us and a waste of money and time. The staff wasn't helpful at all, customer service -0.

• Museum Visits

• Tate cafe bar, Vittoriosa: Tate cafe bar, Vittoriosa

by socheid Updated Oct 17, 2008

I ate in this place on Tuesday night this week. From a great start it ended up a
    very unpleasant experience.

Favorite Dish: The cafe is in a beautful setting with magnificent views. There is plenty to choose from on the menu and my dining companion (a relative) and I ordered. Service was prompt and courteous and food came along in what I'd describe as normal time that I would expect to wait. The food was great, the wine very pleasant, the portions enormous (as seem to happen all over Malta) and all for 51 euros - decent value for 2 courses each plus a bottle of wine and coffees.

Then it all went wrong.

I asked where I could get a cab back to Valletta. The waiter (a young guy with dark hair in case anyone goes) said he would get us one.

The transportation arrived and off we went. The driver had never heard of the Grand Harbour Hotel and didnt know where it was (there's a clue in the name perhaps?). He got lost. Eventually we came along a street that I recognised and we decided to get out there and walk the rest of the way rather than be driven there by the driver we had. There was no meter in the car I noticed and the driver wanted 20 euros. Pretty extortionate when you consider that the cab from the airport was only 17 euros. My relative was not happy at all and after having thoroughly enjoyed the meal before would now never go back there to eat there even if there was nowhere else in the world to get food. I share the sentiment.

The point that I am trying to make from this is as follows. The person who the waiter or whoever it was that rang the guy totake us home - there's no way this guy was any sorted of a 'real' taxi driver or chauffeur. He had no idea on directions to a loing established 7 storey hotel located at one of the best known landmarks in Malta. He obviously had no previous experience on trying to figure out where a place when he didn't recognise it from the info given to him by the passengers. Also for someone supposed to make a living from ferrying people around in a car the clutter in the back seat didn't give the impression that this guy did this professionally. This was just a rip off.

• sandysmith's Profile Photo

Cafe Brazil: Local's Cafe

by sandysmith Updated Mar 20, 2005

local toastie

Right in the centtre of Vittoriosa in Victory Square is this small local cafe - just a couple of tables inside and a few outside overspilling onto the square where you can watch the locals go by.

Favorite Dish: Enjoyed a local maltese toasted bread with cheese and tomato, peppers,olives and herbs. It took a while to come and some time to eat too as it was large and filling. Inexpensive at under 2 lira too.

• steventilly's Profile Photo

Cafe Boccaccio: Cafe Boccaccio

by steventilly Updated Feb 2, 2005

Cafe Boccaccio, Vittoriosa

Cafe Boccaccio is set amongst "The Three Gates" (see elsewhere). To be precise it's at the Courve Port. It has a pleasant outdoor area with plenty of large umbrellas for shade and sells mainly Italian style food. The staff were a little rushed and flustered while we were there, but I suspect that's not normal.

Favorite Dish: We just had coffees and cakes, we weren't ready for a full meal. It was delicious though and the salads that we saw others having looked tasty and immense!

Instant Answers: Vittoriosa

Comments

Vittoriosa Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Vittoriosa restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Vittoriosa sightseeing.