Safety Tips in Municipiul Tiraspol

• Nono, theses are graves of soldiers - not tourists
    Nono, theses are graves of soldiers -...
    by konkwer
  • Warnings and Dangers
    by flynboxes

Most Viewed Warnings and Dangers in Municipiul Tiraspol

• flynboxes's Profile Photo

Boarder Crossing

by flynboxes Written Jan 10, 2006

Can't say that all of the boarder guards on the Transdniestr side are the most honest folks.
    A visa at this quasi country should cost about 10 Euro. I ended up being locked in a room with a boarder guard while he patted me down and took a my wallet apart and asked me about my visa stamps. I had a Syrian visa stamp in there that he confused for an Israel stamp and gave me a hard time for some reason??? I had 2 $20 bills in a pocket of my wallet that he found and demanded 1 of them along with the 10 Euro note if I wanted in.
    I kinda laugh about it and will assume that his fellow countrymen/women are probably a little more honest than this fool but this is part of traveling. The country is similar to the American south...average wage is low and the cities are not the most well kept but it is worth seeing.

• Adventure Travel

• Border Control

by konkwer Written Jan 18, 2004

This is very important: if you get to Trans-Dnjestr from Moldavia you have to pay 1$ per person to enter. You have to sit in a small office and answer question from an armymen. He writes a lot on forms, I don't know what exactly. Anway, you will receive a receipt which you have to keep until you leave Trans-Dnjestr. You are only allowed to stay there for 3 hours, so be sure you can leave this area early enough. I don't know what happens if you leave too late, but I also don't want to know. Remember you are in the soviet union and you might be a western spion, so don't risk anything.

Instant Answers: Municipiul Tiraspol

Comments

Municipiul Tiraspol Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Municipiul Tiraspol warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Municipiul Tiraspol sightseeing.
Map of Municipiul Tiraspol