Tiraspol Restaurants

Kvas - Russian traditional beverage

Most Recent Restaurants in Tiraspol

• Seven Fridays: Good Choice in Central Tiraspol

by Jetgirly Written Oct 31, 2010

Seven Fridays is a popular, upscale restaurant on Tiraspol's main street (25 Oktober Street). From the outside you can see through wall-to-wall windows into the interior, which is marked by comfortable white booths and modern decor. It was recommended by Lonely Planet, so I decided to give it a try.

I was seated right away in a booth that offered great views of the street (people watching!) and other diners (it's impossible not to wonder about how people live in Transnistria). The restaurant had quite a few other diners, including multi-generational family groups and a pair of men who looked like bodybuilders.

The menu came and- lo and behold- it had pictures. That was kind of important, as I don't speak Russian and can't read Cyrillic! Using my rudimentary Moldovan (also known as Romanian) I was able to communicate to the waitress that I would like something vegetarian. She pointed to a few items on the menu, and I selected a soup and grilled vegetable dish. The soup came out first with fresh rye bread- it was good. The second course of grilled vegetables looked more like a small side dish, but it was still good. I also had a fresh-squeezed juice blend which was good. My waitress was very friendly and attentive.

It looked like the menu had lots of traditional Russian items, as well as some international standards. I think Seven Fridays is a great choice in Tiraspol- it's central, the menu has pictures, and there's lots of variety.

• Tobbelkp's Profile Photo

Mon Cafe: Best place to eat in Tiraspol?

by Tobbelkp Updated Oct 25, 2009

This place serves good tasty food. The menu has pictures and the staff understands English.
    When waiting for food, new magazines are ready for reading! I found one with our crown princess and her fiancée.

• Tobbelkp's Profile Photo

Andys Pizza: A feeling of McDonalds

by Tobbelkp Written Oct 25, 2009

I was there in May 2009 with my 13 year daughter. She longed for a pizza and pizza she got. The pizzas were rather small but OK. During our stay they had some kind of childrens party, very much like the birthday parties at MacDonalds. But here w didn´t have to eat with our hands and srinking from paper cups.

• ZiOOlek's Profile Photo

Bar at the train and bus station: Bar at the train and bus station

by ZiOOlek Written Jan 4, 2006

interior of the bar

There are few bars around the square of the train and bus station in Tiraspol. I decided to visit one. It was possible to pay only in Transdniestrian rubels so I had to change lei before. I orderd pieroschki with meat. I have eaten something simillar in Ukraine. Unfortunately, they were not as good as in Ukraine. Moreover, the dog was waiting for the food near my table and you need to share what you buy sometimes with animals.;) You can buy at the bar for example a half of the liter of a wine for 4,50 rubels what seems to be as cheap as even for free.

• lotharlerch's Profile Photo

See my travelogue

by lotharlerch Updated Apr 18, 2005

See my Transnistria travelogue.....

To be correct - I even have to mention something positive about Transnistria, at least as far as the eating places are concerned: There is no McDonalds on the whole territory of this "state"

• Theme Park Trips

• A-Friend-Of-Belarus's Profile Photo

Andy's Place: Pizza

by A-Friend-Of-Belarus Written May 24, 2010

Andy's pizza

The employees in this restaurant speak English. It's located in the city center, just opposit to the statue of Suvorov.

Instant Answers: Tiraspol

Comments

Tiraspol Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Tiraspol restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Tiraspol sightseeing.