Monte-Carlo Warnings and Dangers

Monte Carlo, Monaco.
    by planxty
    Warning sign, Monte Carlo, Monaco.
    by planxty
  • Warnings and Dangers
    by o00o

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Monte-Carlo

• planxty's Profile Photo

You have been warned.

by planxty Written Feb 11, 2009
    Warning sign, Monte Carlo, Monaco.

Driving into Monte Carlo and finding space in a carpark (in itself no mean feat), almost the first thing I saw was the sign shown in the photo. It appears the Monegasques do not want half naked people walking about the place. Actually, I agree with that. If you want to sunbathe go to the pool or the beach. It appears you can be prosecuted for even walking barefoot.

As the title of the tip says, you have been warned.

• planxty's Profile Photo

Take plenty of cash.

by planxty Written Feb 11, 2009

Monte Carlo, Monaco.

Be aware that Monte Carlo, as I said in my introductory page, is a byword for opulence. It is not, frankly, a place for penniless backpackers living on $20 per day. As an example, in a cafe, albeit a particularly nice one in the square opposite the Castle, a beer, a Coke and a small bottle of water cost me €17, which equates to almost $22 US.

• Spa and Resort

• Very expensive soft drinks/sodas

by 5and5ones Written Nov 20, 2007

We stayed in the Fairmont hotel, and the only non-alcaholic drinks avialable were from the mini bar, room service or the bar.casino. Prices were about 5 Euro 50cents for 1 Coke! There are no Soda machines nearby, and there are no tea/coffee making facilities in the rooms, either.

As such, if you don't want to be wasting a fortune (and don't want to go thirsty) then its a good idea to visit one of the Supermarkets and get a bottle. We did find a drinks machine, at the end of one of the tunnels. But this isn't like the States/Canada- drinks arn't hard to come by unless you are happy to pay daft prices- were weren't!

• Ritaroni's Profile Photo

Take You Passport, If Your Go To The Casino

by Ritaroni Written Sep 15, 2006

We went to the casino, but I didn't have my passport. I didn't get in. So be sure to take it with you. I have heard that residents of Monaco are not allowed to gamble in the casinos and that is why it is necessary to have a passport, to prove that you are not a resident. I have not verified this info so update me if you know better.

• Casino and Gambling
    • Seniors

Instant Answers: Monte-Carlo

Comments

Monte-Carlo Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Monte-Carlo warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Monte-Carlo sightseeing.