Drouwen Travel Guide

Gasselterstraat 1, Drouwen, 9533 PC, The Netherlands

Drouwen Restaurants

• ATLC's Profile Photo

by ATLC Written Jan 31, 2013

On returning from an outing across the border we stopped at something that looked like a fairground (mind you, this is January). It actually is a small amusement park with a restaurant next to it. We thought to look inside and lo and behold: we entered Sherwood Forest! This was a fun themed restaurant in Robin Hood style with big bold chairs, fire, grill, fair maidens and young masters all dressed to the part. The huge menu outside holds no secrets: this is a meat restaurant with all the trimmings. And rather good value too, it seemed.

Anyway, we decided to eat there the next day and it turned out to be quite full with families and groups of friends, lots of children around and about (they have their own play corner too).

I'd recommend it for families and groups. In fact, we'd probably like to return there with family and combine it with one of the amusement programmes that includes the fairground, a wagon ride in the Drenthe countryside and a bow-and-arrow or pistol shooting competition.

Favorite Dish: Once you sit yourself down, a big bowl of unpeeled peanuts, bread and garlic butter arrive. Throw the peels on the floor.

We had a good and simple meal. Advice: skip the starters since you can order them as side dishes too. All the meat dishes come with potato salad, green salad so don't go heavy on the side dishes or you'll have too much.
    Meat was perfectly grilled (I like it on the red side), everything tasty, promptly served.

If you want to kill yourself, order the 1 kilo t-bone at under 30 euro and polish it off with the chocolate mousse (a meal in itself).

• Theme Park Trips

by nighthawk Updated Aug 26, 2005

I decided to have an entry. The only soup available on the menu was the mustard soup with bacon.
    Yet when I told the waiter I'd rather not have that particular soup, he replied they had caught the chicken that few by that particular day.
    On which I replied: 'Did he fly over the soup or not?' which made him think a bit and then answering: 'I think the chicken stayed'.
    Haha, I had more chicken than soup!

Chickensoup!

by nighthawk Written May 1, 2003

Since it was Queens' day, my eldest had brought along a can of orange hair paint.
    In the evening there would be a football game between Portugal and the Dutch team and my eldest, Jacolien, asked the waiter which team he favoured to win.
    After some hard thinking he replied: Mmm, I think I would like the Dutch to win.
    On raising the can Jacolien then said: 'Ok', as if she wanted to paint his hair orange.
    The waiter quickly backed off...all out of words.

Getting the order

Drouwen Nightlife

by nighthawk Written May 1, 2003

Since I was here several years ago the place has undergo a lift. It all is somewhat more slick.
    Haha, my friend and I went here to meet up with some German bikers who wanted to learn to drink our national schnapps called Beerenburg to see if there was a difference with the German schnaps.
    Bottoms up! oh boy! After about 8 my friend got a glass of milk from the bartender....haha she couldn t help being this slender!
    The Germans held on up to schnapps number 14 ... then the last one lay his head on the table .... mumbling: 'Enough!'
    I could take a number 15 to finish off the evening, leaving the Germans a short nite for they had to raise early the other morning.
    I had promised them some chocolate and at eight in the morning I went over to the pub again ... singing lol .. prolly still drunk or something....
    I guess they were too lame to hide but I got the impression they had thought bout doing so ... lol

Restaurant De Berken
    • Beer Tasting

Drouwen Warnings and Dangers

by nighthawk Written May 1, 2003

Haha, my second one had ordered a hot chocolate with cream....but she found something in it! At first she thought it to be a nail (YUK!!) but I think it just were something less disgusting.
    When the waiter took our order he looked at her still full mug wondering and so I said she had found something undrinkable in it.
    He blushed a bit and saved himself by making a joke about seeing a little red hood running away in hiding...and bringing my daughter a new mug of hot chocolate with cream! (nothing found in this one :-))

Putting cream in hot chocolate

Drouwen Tourist Traps

by nighthawk Written May 1, 2003

LOL when the food finally arrived (you know what kids are like...) they went funny..all over excited of all the goodies on their plates ....

Unique Suggestions: Sit straight!

Fun Alternatives: And start eating! ..... NOW!

ooooooo! wot s this???!!!!

by nighthawk Written May 1, 2003

Seemed the eggs had been mislaid and the kids were told to wait some for their food....

Unique Suggestions: lay down your head and wait ....

Fun Alternatives: Alternative? Start eating from your father's plate!

Falling over....HUNGRY!!!

• Drouwen Hotels

1 Hotels in Drouwen

Instant Answers: Drouwen

Comments

Drouwen Travel Guide
Map of Drouwen