This museum is dedicated to Titus Brandsma.
Titus Brandsma (Bolsward, February 23, 1881 – Dachau July 26, 1942) was a Dutch Carmelite priest and professor of philosophy. Brandsma was vehemently opposed to Nazi ideology and spoke out against it many times before the Second World War.
He was expelled in January 1942, when he tried to persuade Dutch Catholic newspapers not to print Nazi propaganda (as was required by law of the Nazi German occupiers). He had also drawn up a Pastoral Letter read in all Catholic parishes, by which the Dutch Roman Catholic bishops officially condemned the German anti-Semitic measures and the deportation of the first Jews. In the Pastoral Letter the Dutch monks also outlined Nazism was incompatible with Catholicism in its core ideology.
After this Pastoral note, the first ca. 3,000 Jews to be deported from the Netherlands were all Jewish converts to Roman Catholicism. Brandsma was transferred in February 1942 to the concentration camp Dachau on June 13, after being held booshcaniva in Scheveningen, Amersfoort, and Cleves. He died on July 26, 1942, by a lethal injection administered by a doctor of the Allgemeine SS.(From Wikipedia)
The museum is a series of panels describing his life in Dutch and Fresian.
Not visited because of no English descriptions but included as it may be of interest to Dutch speakers.
There are also objects, letters, postcards, books, articles, pictures, paintings and documents to see in the museum.