Apeldoorn Restaurants

• Restaurants
    by a5floor

Most Recent Restaurants in Apeldoorn

• a5floor's Profile Photo

Het oude kantongerecht: Het oude kantongerecht

by a5floor Updated Mar 30, 2013

I had a coupon for a 7 course Europen dish for 2 persons for this restaurant. So, I went there with my mom. You got a plate with 7 various food on it. They were from 7 European countries (like France, Hungary and Denmark). It was sooo delicious!! :)

At this restaurant you will find people with a disability. Lead by people who aren't. This way the people with a disability will learn how to work in a restaurant.

• vtveen's Profile Photo

De Brugwachter: ... the place to be ...

by vtveen Updated Feb 23, 2013

De Brugwachter: original house

Apeldoorn does not have much classified *** restaurants. There are a couple of common places, but nowadays restaurant 'De Brugwachter' has become little by little 'the place to be' for your dinner in town.

It is situated in an old house of a so called 'bridgeman' along a canal (not any longer in use) which runs through the city. The restaurant has two different parts: the old house with just a couple of tables and the bigger new part, which has been built behind the original house. In summer times there is also a huge terrace, overlooking the canal.

The owner Nel Koot and her staff succeeded to create a warm and cosy atmosphere, even with some open fires, in their restaurant.

The restaurant is open only for dinners from 5.00 pm. Specially in the weekends you need to make a reservation.

Favorite Dish: As said you 'don't come' for a specific dish, but for the atmosphere. But don't be afraid, the food is excellent; doesn't matter what your choice will be. Meat, fish and vegetarian main dishes are served.

They use funny prices: for instance a 'lasagne' is not € 16,- or € 16,50, no in 'De Brugwachter' we had to pay exactly € 16,37 !!

De Bon Vivant: De Bon Vivant part I

by a5floor Written Sep 16, 2012

For my birthday in 2012 I went to De Bon Vivant for dinner. The restaurant is in the fanciest street in my town: Loolaan. Halfway this street you will find the restaurant. It is a cosy little restaurant. I had a 3 course menu:

Smoked swine on a melon salad

Pike-perch with fries and lettuce

Yuzu sorbet ice and fresh fruit

This menu was so yummie!!

Favorite Dish: Smoked swine on a melon salad

Pike-perch with fries and lettuce

Yuzu sorbet ice and fresh fruit

Vesuvio: Vesuvio

by a5floor Updated Jan 15, 2012
    Vesuvio

The restaurant is an Italian one. You can eat past, pizza, meat & fish dishes. When I looked at the prices on the menu, they were really good. And it tasted yummie ofcourse!

The restaurant is nice and the staff is friendly. The food is also good.

The picture with this tip isn't that great, but you will get an idea how it looks.

Favorite Dish: I had a coupon for this restuarant. Which included all you can eat pasta and one drink. It was for 2 persons and the price for it was €14. I went here with a former co-worker. First we had Lasagna. Later I had Maccheroni alle Verdure (various vegetables) and my former co-worker had Maccheroni Pollo (chicken). For dessert we had Gelato Italia (vanille ice and pistache ice).

Normally the prices are:

Coke light € 1.60

Noortje: Noortje

by a5floor Updated Jan 15, 2012
    Noortje

At first you wouldn't know this restaurant exist. But once you are in, it is a great restaurant. It is a small and cosy restaurant, bar and lounge. Being here was a good thing.

The restaurant looks really great and the staff is friendly as well. I will go back here in the future as I liked it so much.

It is not only a restaurant, but also a bar and a lounge. The lounge part will be there on Friday and Saturday between 10pm and 2am. Good way to start your weekend!

Favorite Dish: I had a coupon for a lunch. It was worth € 6 for 2 persons. Additional you had to pay for your drinks. I went here with my mom. I had the 'Noortjes twaaluurtje' & 2 tea and my mom had the 'uitsmijter' & 2 coffee.

Normally the prices are:

Noortjes twaalfuurtje € 8.50
    uitsmijter € 6
    tea € 2
    coffee € 2

• a5floor's Profile Photo

Subway.: Subway in Apeldoorn.

by a5floor Updated Apr 4, 2011

Suway brochure.

Suway opened a new store in Apeldoorn last September (2004). Subway is a place were you can eat a sandwich. You can say what do you want on your sandwich and they put it on.
    You can chose from:
    Veggie Delite (€2,30 15cm)
    Ham (€2,75 15cm)
    Meatball (€2,95 15cm)
    Turkey Filet (€3,20 15cm)
    Turkey Filet & Ham (€3,30 15cm)
    Roastbeef (€3,30 15cm)
    Italian B.M.T. (€3,65 15cm)
    Tuna (€3,65 15cm)
    Turkey, Ham & Roastbeef Club (€3,65 15cm)
    Veggie Patty (€3,65 15cm)
    Surimi Crab (€3,65 15cm)
    Steak & Cheese (€3,95 15cm)
    Chicken Fajita (€3,95 15cm)
    BBQ Rib (€4,10 15cm)
    Turkey, Ham & Bacon Melt (€4,10 15cm)
    Chicken Teriyaki (€4,50 15cm)
    Chicken Pizziola ((€4,50 15cm)
    Grilled Chickenfilet (€4,50 15cm)

Favorite Dish: My favourite sandwich is a Veggie Delite. You can add salades of your choice to it. YUMMIE!!

Auberge Navet: Auberge Navet

by a5floor Updated Oct 10, 2010
    Auberge Navet

Auberge Navet is a small, nice restaurant.

It used to be a tollbooth. The story goes like this:

In 1825 the former King Willem I ordered that there should be a paved road between the cities Apeldoorn and Arnhem. From the 10 ells there should be 4 ells paved. Along this road 5 tollbooths were placed.
    Around 1850 not only the national exchequer was filled, but also the stomach of the people who passed by (the trip between the cities was 6 hours back then, nowaday it is half an hour by car).
    On 1 April 1880 an announcement was made by the Royal Family: from this date no toll was paid. From this date the tollbooth was a stop was still present.
    From 1940s the building was used as a wildmuseum named 'Vaal'.
    After 1945 the building was restored to the tollbooth.
    In 1999 the tollbooth was restored to the present restaurant.

The opening hours are:

Monday to Friday 12pm - 10pm
    Saturday 5pm - 10pm

If you want to go to this restaurant, you should be aware that it can cost a lot. A lot of business people are going to this restaurant. But you can have a nice evening despite being expensive. In the summer you can sit outside.

Favorite Dish: The prices from our dishes were (September 2010):

• Luxury Travel

Don Quichotte: Don Quichotte

by a5floor Updated Oct 3, 2010
    Don Quichotte

On 30 September 2010 I had dinner with an old co-worker. We went to Don Quichotte this time. Don Quichot is a great restaurant with great food. The minor thing is that there isn't much space. Anyway, me and the old co-worker had a great time being there. :)

I had the wok vegetables with tahoe and the co-worker had 'Grootmoeders sudderkarbonaadjes' (chops). Really tasty!! We had both the homemade brownies as dessert. Yummie!!

• vtveen's Profile Photo

Pannenkoeken-Restaurant Berg en Dal: ... 120 different pancakes

by vtveen Updated Aug 26, 2010

In the middle of the little village of Hoog Soeren, located 5 km’s west of Apeldoorn surrounded by vast forests, lies a small and cosy restaurant. According to its name it is serving a wide range of pancakes; on the menu are more than 120 different kinds of this typical Dutch food.

In case you don’t like pancakes (which I can not imagine) you can get a lot of other dishes, among them some specialities from the Veluwe.

(For more info about Hoog Soeren see 'off the beaten path' tip.)

Favorite Dish: 'Of course' one of the pancakes; speciality of the house.
    Good value for your money.

Cafe de Paris: My 3-course Lunch - Bread, Butter and Beer

by johngayton Updated Aug 13, 2010

Simple But Delish!

Whilst it may be called the "Cafe de Paris" there's nothing remotely Parisienne about this place except perhaps for the fact that it has a comfortable terrace facing onto the Raadhuis Square (not that they have Raadhuises in Paris of course).

Unlike the Parisienne versions this "Grand Cafe" offers service with a smile, eats at very reasonable prices and a range of beers as good as you'll find in the Netherlands - not a long list, just a well-chosen one. The location on the old town hall square is ideal for watching the world go by and because Apeldoorn isn't a "tourist trap" prices are more than reasonable.

Favorite Dish: I was still in no rush, the sun was high but not overwhelming and a beerish nibble sounded like a perfect accompaniement to my beer (strange but true - HIC!). So from the menu, in Dutch, I opted for the "Mandje maisstokbrood met twee sorten boteren tapenade" @ 3.50 Euros.

I sort of knew what I going to get - and yep I got it. A flavoursome stick of corn bread, studded with pumpkin seeds (which I didn't expect but were flavoursome anyway) with black olive tapenade, a tomatoey butter and a herby one.

Just the job to sort of healthily wash down the couple of La Chouffe beers as I finally worked up the energy to head for my onwards train.

This made a fitting finale for my visit and next time I'm cross-countrying through the Netherlands I reckon Apeldoorn will be worth another lunch stop.

• Trains
    • Beer Tasting

Street Stall: My 3-course Lunch - Fish Course

by johngayton Updated Aug 13, 2010
    More Pretty Girls ;)

I can never work out why some people look aghast at even the suggestion of eating raw fish. These are usually the same people who'll happily devour a cheapo burger which, as an old mate of mine would say, is mostly "lips and assholes".

The Dutch new season herring is an epicurean delight being food in its simplest natural form. Biting into a fillet of the freshest fish garnished with a sprinkle of diced raw onion produces an almost orgasmic taste bud experience as the meatily sweet flesh dissolves on the tongue as you chew, the onion addding a clean counter-spice. Then as you swallow and digestion begins your brain cells join the orgy and begin clearing the alcohol-fuddled synaptic paths.

Colours become brighter, the girls prettier and ach, to hell with the train there's one every half hour or so all day.

De Babbel: My 3-course Lunch - Starter

by johngayton Written Aug 13, 2010
    Nice Simple Starter

Having had a pleasant couple of hours wandering around the town and its immediate suburbs I reckoned I'd earned my first beer of the day and the sunny terrace of this central cafe looked ideal.

I still hadn't decided how long I was going to hang in Apeldoorn before getting my train onwards and eastwards but I was in no rush. The friendly waitress immediately changed to English as I ordered my small beer and even offered to translate the menu for me. I was only after a nibble and so it wasn't really necessary as I'd already spotted the "Kas Salami Tosti" on what looked like quite an impressive, almost Grand Cafe style, menukaart.

The lunch menu has something for everyone ranging from the beer nibbles such as bitterballen through an extensive sandwich and salad section and with a few more substantial offerings too - the burgers that the table next to me ordered looked especially, and substantially, inviting.

Favorite Dish: I just stuck to my simple tosti, which was as good as a tosti gets, along with a couple of small beers and enjoyed the laid back lunchtime buzz of the other couple of tables and the pretty women variously strolling and cycling past.

With a total bill of 7 Euros, including the two beers, this made for an ideal snack stop.

• Beer Tasting

Sakura part I: Sakura part I

by a5floor Written Feb 26, 2010
    Sakura

Sakura is a Japanes restaurant. When you enter the restaurant, you pretend you are in Japan. Which is a fun thing. Once seated you have a choice of different menus. There are also some simple menus. When you have chosen your menu, a chef will come to your table. He will prepare your food in front of you. It is so fun to see this all. All this crazy actions he is doing. But the main thing is: the food is SOOOO delicious!!

After all a great experience!

The price for a vegetarian menu was € 32 (in 2010) and for the meat menu was € 39 (in 2010).

Opening hours are:
    Monday closed
    Tuesday to Friday 3pm to 11pm
    Saturday 12pm to 11pm
    Sunday 2pm to 11pm

Favorite Dish: I had a vegetarian menu. Which was really great! I just loved it. One thing I had (which was sooo great) was some kind of leaf, rice and cucumber rolled up.

Ramblas: Ramblas

by a5floor Updated Dec 4, 2009
    Ramblas

What a restaurant!! Yesterday (03 december 2009) I was at Ramblas with an old co-worker of mine. We arrived there at 6pm. We saw that you could have a 'tapas assortment': 10 warm snacks and 8 cold snacks for just Euro 18.50. So, we ordered that. For both of us it was the first time we ate at this restaurant. But when the food arrived, we really liked it! :) There are snacks with meat, fish and without that. Really tasty! We had such a good time that we sat there for 4 hours.... It was just a great experience.

To give you an idea of the prices (in 2009):

Cappucino Euro 1.95

Favorite Dish: From the snacks I had, I liked:

the fish ones
    patatoe salad
    a leaf of Chicory with a salad on it (and a raisin)

Hotel et le Cafe De Paris: Hotel et le Cafe De Paris

by a5floor Written Sep 26, 2009

Hotel et le Cafe De Paris

Hotel et le Cafe De Paris is a place where you can have a drink or have dinner. It is a lovely restaurant with a great atmosphere. The decoration of the restaurant is in style of Paris: a lot of wood, pictures, various seats. In front of the restaurant you will find seats as well. Really nice on a warm/hot day!

Attached to this restaurant is the hotel. There are 11 rooms (single and double rooms). The rooms have radio, tv, bath and shower. The rates start from Euro 71. The rates are including breakfast.

Instant Answers: Apeldoorn

Comments

Apeldoorn Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Apeldoorn restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Apeldoorn sightseeing.