Apeldoorn Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Apeldoorn

De Brugwachter: De Brugwachter

by a5floor Updated Aug 16, 2009

De Brugwachter

The restaurant used to be a house. In this house a family lived that opened and closed the bridge that was across the the road. Now people have changed it into a restaurant. It is nice to sit there and have dinner. There is a place were they have a spot for a fire. And in the summer you can sit outside.

Favorite Dish: The vegetarian meals.

• balhannah's Profile Photo

Restaurant De Balzaal: Het Loo Palace

by balhannah Written Jul 6, 2009

Restaurant De Balzaal

There is food available at Het Loo Palace. As it was nearing lunch time, I stopped for a snack and a coffee before entering the main Palace. It was self-service with a good variety, and what I had was very nice. The food on display looked inviting.
    Toilets are located nearby also, upstairs.

Bogart's Restaurant: Bogart's Restaurant

by a5floor Written Jul 3, 2009

Bogart's Restyaurant

Bogart's Restaurant is part of the Humprey's chain here in the Netherlands. Why is the name different? Well, there is a pub in Apeldoorn with the name Humprey. So, the restaurant chain named theirs in Apeldoorn Bogart's.

The restaurant is situated between the Tourist Information Centre and the market. Inisde there is a nice atmosphere. When it is warm/hot outside, there will be tables outside so you can have your dinner there. If this is happening, be sure that you reserve a spot (or come early).

Every month the restaurant is changing their menu. They have a 3 course menu. But if you just want the main course and dessert, that is ok as well.
    For everybody there is a meal. On the menu you will 1 or 2 vegetarian meals, about 2 meals with fish in it and about 3 meals with meat.

Favorite Dish: When I am eating at this restaurant, I am taking the fish or vegetarion meal. These meals are really tasty (and yummie).

Shanghai Restaurant: Shanghai Restaurant

by a5floor Updated Oct 5, 2008

Shanghai Restaurant

Shanghai restaurant is a Chinese restaurant. In the restaurant there is a part where you can order from the menu. Another part of the restaurant is to 'wok'. You can put the food on the plate which you want, you go the chef and he is preparing your meal while you stand there. It is nice to see how it has been made. It is a relaxing way as well because you can get your meal anytime you want.

The opening hours are from 11.30am till 10.30pm (also on Sundays and National Days). The wok part of the restaurant is closed on Mondays.
    The price for the wok part is €19.95 per person. The drinks are coming as an extra on the bill.

Email: info@shanghai-apeldoorn.nl
    Faxnumber: +31-(0)55-5349100

• vtveen's Profile Photo

several: Raadhuisplein - pleasant sidewalk cafés

by vtveen Written Aug 29, 2007

Raadhuisplein: sidewalk caf��s

Apeldoorn doesn’t have too much nice sidewalk cafés. But on the central square of the town - Raadhuisplein - five cafés/restaurants offer a terrace, either in the sun or shadow. It is by far the most pleasant place to have a cup of tea or coffee, to lunch or even have a dinner al fresco.

The Raadhuisplein is located between the old town hall and the main shopping street the Hoofdstraat. When visiting the centre of town you can not miss it.

Brasserie "De Bon Vivant" Grand Cafe: Brasserie "De Bon Vivant" Grand Cafe

by twentysix.two Written Dec 20, 2006

Hearing good things about this restaurant from two different sources, I was eager to give this a try. My first attempt was on Sunday night around 8:30 pm as a walk-in. Bad decision. It was completely full. I tried again on a Wednesday night, same time, and walk-in, with much, much better odds. I was only one of three parties in the restaurant so I was easily able to get a table. The interior had a bit of a rustic feel and was fairly cozy.

Favorite Dish: I started with a salad with old Amsterdam cheese, leeks, nuts, and grapes followed by a side salad, which I did not realize accompanied by main entree. My main entree consisted of medallions of pork with a medium morel mushroom sauce, mashed potatoes, and poached pears. The poached pears were phenomenal!

Het Posthuis: Het Posthuis

by twentysix.two Written Dec 20, 2006

Next door to my hotel I noticed a beautiful-looking restaurant. One night, hungry, I walked in around 9:15 pm and they were kind enough to seat me for dinner. Once inside, the ambiance was upscale, but inviting. I ordered the 3-course meal decided by the chef. I started with some butter cookies, marinated olives, and bruschetta. The next dish consisted of a curry-saffron soup and venison sausage followed by a course of delicate scallops. The main entree consisted of medallions of venison on asparagus spears with shoestring scalloped potatoes. Dessert consisted of marinated oranges atop rijstevlaai (rice pie) along with some ice cream, all of which was delicious. This is not as much a place just to eat dinner as much as it was a dining experience. This was certainly the nicest restaurant I've been in since my stay in Apeldoorn. I definitely would love to eat here again before leaving.

Favorite Dish: I would have to say that my favorite dish was the rijstevlaai as I'd never tasted anything like it before. A close second was the medallions of venison.

Farmer's Steakhouse: Farmer's Steakhouse

by twentysix.two Updated Dec 19, 2006

The atmosphere was a strange, rustic with sealed charafes of Paul Mason wine on the tables. It was a Monday evening around 7 pm and was uncrowded. After starting with some beer, I ordered the 400-gram Cowboy Ribeye (14 oz. ribeye) with corn-on-the-cob on the side. The server did not ask me know I liked my steak so I was hoping for something in the medium to medium-well side of doneness. Entrees come with a complimentary salad. Being from Texas and not expecting much, I was still disappointed. As with most foreign steakhouses, American dressing equates to Thousand Island--I was at least hoping for Ranch (being a steakhouse and all). When the entree came, I was not shocked to see that the ribeye was about half the thickness of what I am used to seeing and eating. In terms of doneness the steak came out as I'd hoped. However, as with most travel books warning you of the toughness and sinewiness of beef in the Netherlands, this was no exception.

Favorite Dish: In order...beer, corn-on-the-cob, bread, and then finally the entree.

Fong Sheng: Fong Sheng

by twentysix.two Written Dec 19, 2006

Before dinner the server brought out some shrimp chips. Service was a bit slow. The entree I ordered was a beef dish with a slightly tangy sauce with mushrooms and onions and surrounded by oranges. It was accompanied by a bowl of fried rice. The sauce had a somewhat strong ketchup flavor. With this entree and two glasses of Heineken, the total bill came out to EUR 20,85.

Favorite Dish: Of everything I ate, my favorite was the free shrimp chips.

Wok Centre: Make your own dish

by a5floor Written Jun 5, 2006

At this restaurant you will find Chinese food. You can choose from divers kind of food, lay it on a plate and give it to the cook. He will prepare your meal in no time. You can stand by this cook and watch how he prepares your meal. Really interesting. There are 9 different sauces (example soysauce). One of these sauces you can add to the food the cook is making. There are also some dishes prepared (white rice, noodles, baked bananas).

Opening hours are 7 days a week from 4pm till 10.30pm (kitchen is open till 10.00pm).

Price per person (except from Christmas) Monday till Thursday €18.90 and Friday till Sunday € 19.90. Kids from 3 till 11 years are half the price.

You should make a reservation (as the restaurant is every evening full).

Favorite Dish: Most dishes without meat are great.

• nighthawk's Profile Photo

nighthawk's Restaurant Tip

by nighthawk Updated Sep 12, 2002

We had thought we could go to the loo at 'Het Loo' but as said before, we did not go there.
    So we drove a little bit and stopped at a restaurant called 'De Echoput' (the Echoing Well).
    When I walked into the restaurant a kind lady quickly rushed up to me and asked what I wanted. I told her that me and my friends needed to go, but as it seemed, my friends had already walked in to the wine cellar....they were brought back to me by another nice man .... I can tell you the facilities was very luxury and we left the restaurant relieved without having a consumption... far too expensive for us simple folks....

• sandravdp's Profile Photo

I know Apeldoorn must have...

by sandravdp Written Sep 7, 2002

I know Apeldoorn must have some good restaurants. But I can't remember any names and addresses, so if you want tips on this one I suggest you go and take a look at the Apeldoorn page of VT-member Nantosvelta.

• DanielF's Profile Photo

There are all kinds of...

by DanielF Written Aug 26, 2002

There are all kinds of restaurants in the pedestrian area. We went for Indonesian the night when we stayed in Apeldoorn at a restaurant called Bali. The place looks a little groomy but the food is OK and the staff were very nice.

• catnl's Profile Photo

Bilderberg Hotel De...

by catnl Written Aug 24, 2002

Bilderberg Hotel De Keizerskroon
    In a spectacular woodland setting, the 5 star Bilderberg Hotel De Keizerskroon is situated alongside the Paleis Het Loo. Its history dates back some 300 years and the hotel took its present name following a visit by Tsar Peter the Great. De Keizerskroon is internationally renowned for its prize-winning culinary expertise and superior facilities. Conference facilities for up to 350 people. Bilderberg Hotel De Keizerskroon also features a limited number of Executive Rooms that offer a lot of extra business facilities. To mention a few: two phones, a fax machine, a modem connection for your laptop, a comfortable workplace, etc

Instant Answers: Apeldoorn

Comments

Apeldoorn Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Apeldoorn restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Apeldoorn sightseeing.