Dieren Travel Guide

• Dieren

Dieren Things to Do

• TV Toys Museum

The TV Toys Museum is an unique museum.It is a day of memories and recalls for the parents and a day of TV fun for the children.Opening hours:Daily: 10AM - 5PM.From September - Easter closed on Mondays and Tuesdays.Admission: Euro 6,50NOTICE: THE MUSEUM WILL MOVE TO THE CITY OF ZUTPHEN IN 2008!

• The street

One of the nice streets in the old part of Dieren, lined with somewhat grand houses. This is where I walked going home from school and vice versa.

• De Spelerij

I'd advise a very special playground De Spelerij in Dieren (www.spelerij.nl)There are unusual playing objects, really mechanical objects made of scrap material and a lab for children. A learning experience. It's even interesting and a great experience for adults.De Spelerij is invented by an artist and his objects that the children play with are...

Dieren Hotels

• Polysport

Adm. Helfrichlaan 89, Dieren, 6952GD, nl

Satisfaction: Average

Good for: Couples

Dieren Restaurants

• ATLC's Profile Photo

by ATLC Written Mar 15, 2004

I've had lunch here years ago so I can't really say anything about it, 'xcept it looks nice and probably has the general menu such as soups, sandwiches, saté and salads.

Dieren Transportation

• trainstation

Dieren has a train station which brings you to for instance Apeldoorn and Arnhem in a very short time. Seems that sometimes there's also a steam engine train, judging by the sign on the rails.

• Car ferry

To cross the river IJssel, you can take a ferry from Dieren. Not that it really leads to anything if you go from Dieren but it does result in a lovely drive through the countryside to for example a larger city called Zutphen.

• Dieren Hotels

1 Hotels in Dieren

Dieren Local Customs

• ATLC's Profile Photo

by ATLC Written Mar 15, 2004

This is nothing more than just a tower. At first I wondered if this was the place where my school used to be, because I knew it was behind a church. But later on I found my school after all.
    The tower was built in the 1920s for a catholic church but the church was demolished in 1978. That was after I left Dieren so I should have known the church.
    The tower won a conservation prize in 1985 because of its multifunctional use (there are some church offices in there and the foundation Dierense Toren).

DIERENSE TOWER

Dieren Off The Beaten Path

• My old school

Of course, when I was little, I never drove through Dieren. Always walked from home to school. That, and the fact that there were a lot of new buildings and it was nearly more than 25 years later, made it difficult to find my old primary school back.It was then called De Sprang but now had a different name. It was still a protestant primary school...

• My old home

Just after we arrived back from our years in New Zealand, we ended up in a house in this street for some six months. I went to school during that time. I remember my bedroom walls were painted in light blues and that of my parents in orange and purple!

• Ask a Question

Got a question about Dieren? Get an answer from our Location locals and frequent travelers

Instant Answers: Dieren

Comments

Explore Deeper into Dieren
Gazelle factory