Been here? Rate It!
The recently restored cathedral church of bisdom Groningen is a design by P.J.H. Cuypers. The church was consecrated in 1887. by the bishop of Utrecht mgr. P. Snickers. The six-sided tower has the nickname drunkmens tower, from every angle you always see two clocks.
The church has a capacity of 1000 people.
This recently renovated cathedral church of the diocese of Groningen is a masterpiece by the renowned architect P.J.H. Cuypers. The church was consecrated in 1887. In his design, Cuypers was inspired by the fourteenth-century Broerkerk in Zutphen. The six-sided spire has the nickname of the ‘drunken man’s spire’ - no matter from which angle one looks, one can always see two clock faces.
- Religious Travel
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
Groningen Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Huntington Beach
- Playa del Carmen
- Goulding Hotels
- Marin Headlands State Park Hotels
- Pulau Perhentian Kecil
- Allisonville Hotels
- Hot Springs Hotels