Hoogkerk Travel Guide

• Favorites
    Artificial lake Hoogkerk

Hoogkerk Restaurants

• Food

Buffet like. One pays one entree price and then can eat as much as one can stomach. Bbq, grill, steamed, just take your pick.The drinks (soda's, juices and house wine red and white) can be fetched for the same price.

• First real restaurant of Hoogkerk in...

Baloney is situated in an old farm house and it s rather funny decorated. Ie the toilets for men have a large screen with a movie playing and guys can just p towards it (excuse me).On the picture you see the stone you are to kiss if you wanna have fortune... We went to the buffet and it served our need. The kids had a great time so we could relax.

• Hoogkerk Hotels

0 Hotels in Hoogkerk

Hoogkerk Transportation

Hoogkerk sign

by nighthawk Updated Apr 4, 2011

If you are at Groningen trainstation and want to head out this way, hop on bus number 4 or 8 (red busses) and get off it at the local supermarket Golff.
    As if ya ever lol but I can be in the city within the half hour if I go by bus and that is fine with me...

• Eco-Tourism

Hoogkerk Shopping

Boxed tompoezen

by nighthawk Written Apr 30, 2003

Supermarket where you can buy just that bit extra one can need...like the orange tompoes we bought there.

What to buy: Buy something with a 'bonus' sticker on it, that means it is a special offer. Do not worry you don t have a 'bonuscard', they give you the discount anyway.

What to pay: If you follow the bonussus it is not overexpensive.

Hoogkerk Local Customs

• Respect

It is good to see these kind of posters when walking through the city. These days respect sometimes is a rare thing. Haha, and being a mom .. well you can imagine I like it ... Hopefully kids learn from it and remember when they have an argument with their mum .. it was a well visited clothing shop just across the Hennes & Mauritz clothing shop so...

• Daughter holding baby titmouse

These are the hands of my youngest daughter, she s holding the titmouse ever so gently! She couldn t wait for me to finish photographing because she wanted to pet the birdy, she was very much surprised how soft it was.We then set it free in the bushes close to the bird s nest.

• Baby titmouse

One spring I was so excited! Mum & dad titmouse had a nest in the bird house in my garden!One day I heard a little titmouse cry for help and when my girl and I went looking, a cat was playing with one baby titmouse.Of course we rescued it and my girl was so happy she got to hold it in her hand!That photograph will be in the next tip, here s the...

Hoogkerk What to Pack

• nighthawk's Profile Photo
    Oranje boven ! (Orange rules!)

by nighthawk Written Apr 30, 2003

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: If you are planning a visit on April 30th be sure to pack some orange clothing ;-)

Photo Equipment: Just the ordinary ... a camera or two, about 10 rolls of film and enough batteries.

Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: Bring a tent .. I got a lawn u can put it up on!

Miscellaneous: You look like a nutcase but hey! what the heck! it s Queen's Day!

Hoogkerk Off The Beaten Path

• Can I put my feet up now??

We always take something with us....this time it was large stones which I used in my garden and crockery splinters.Beats bying in the greenery! haha much cheaper too and I think the positive energy of those building activities will somehow manifest through these stones...if you catch me drift lol

• Jan Altink bridge

The name of the new bridge is Jan Altink-bridge.Jan Altink (1885-1971, Groningen) was a famous painter in his time. Born as son of a farmer he was destined to be a farmer too yet Jan didn t like the idea of getting up early in the morning to milk the cows. Instead he went to the school of arts 'Minerva'. In 1911 he passed his exams and for some...

• Trains still pass

the crossing no matter what .. this is the connection between the city of Groningen and the city of Leeuwarden (province of Friesland).

Hoogkerk Sports & Outdoors

• Fly a kite

It is great to watch the folks fly their kite, the problem they have to keep it up in the air. Watching is what I like, keeping on up myself isn t what I want to do. Of course you need a kite and some patience too. And someone to help you of course.

• Don t wear high heeled shoes!

Ouch! my feet hurt! This activity ment walking ... a lot! And at a slow speed ... aargh! Anything but these shoes!

• Ask a Question

Got a question about Hoogkerk? Get an answer from our Location locals and frequent travelers

Instant Answers: Hoogkerk

Comments

Explore Deeper into Hoogkerk
The new bridge
Crossroad out of use
April 30th...Queen's Day.
Local Customs
Somewhat further away than I...
Eat an orange tompoes!